Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 09:13 AM

33 posts, read 31,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfitg View Post
A member's response:

FAA response confirms the following: 1) the FAA knows what they are doing to us, 2) the FAA knows noise, and has computer modeling programs to study it, which they do not share with the public, 3) the FAA continues to lie about what they can control and what they cannot - they absolutely control where jets fly based on planned flight paths, and they know airports only control the use of a runway, 4) the FAA always pushes their mission of Safety & Efficiency for which the safety portion is highly questionable, and the efficiency portion is airline profits at our expense, 5) the FAA ignores all of the existing science proving the health hazards associated with noise and fuel exhausts lying about it not being conclusive, 6) just like in this list of mine NOISE comes in dead last every time! That is the problem.
Wow I must have really poor reading comprehension or your comprehension is far superior to mine because I read the email response from the FAA and don't see how they confirmed most of what you stated.

But more importantly since you seem to be the expert why have there been so much fewer aircraft landing on the 22s for the last month or so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 09:50 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,855 times
The FAA released an excellent video on this issue a day ago.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM

218 posts, read 268,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the sandtrap View Post
Wow I must have really poor reading comprehension or your comprehension is far superior to mine because I read the email response from the FAA and don't see how they confirmed most of what you stated.

But more importantly since you seem to be the expert why have there been so much fewer aircraft landing on the 22s for the last month or so?

I am not an expert at all. Just passing along information I think will be helpful to people dealing with this situation.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:29 PM

983 posts, read 725,161 times
It's been months now since it's been quiet, at least here near the roslyn area. I didn't see complaints here on the forum either. That response from the FAA must be to an old email. They're notorious for their slow response.

I'm extremely grateful for this.
The quality of life is a black/white.
I really hope the torture is over.
Let's cross our fingers.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
It's been months now since it's been quiet, at least here near the roslyn area. I didn't see complaints here on the forum either. That response from the FAA must be to an old email. They're notorious for their slow response.

I'm extremely grateful for this.
The quality of life is a black/white.
I really hope the torture is over.
Let's cross our fingers.
Sorry to kill the vibe, but construction ends November 13th I believe. You will have the planes back over your home shortly.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:38 AM

983 posts, read 725,161 times
I can't take it.
Any news about the lawyer from Phoenix or a class action?

Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Another article

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...ints-across-us

Old 10-28-2017, 05:16 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
• The FAA have been conducting a scientific survey of residents around 20 U.S. airports to understand the effect of aircraft noise exposure on airport communities.

what is there to understand?, airplanes flying over your home that were never there before every30 seconds for over 14 hours a day is completely annoying and offensive

• The current understanding of health effects is that most, if not all, current research concludes that it is not yet possible to determine how aircraft noise impacts human health.

so what do they do, wait until a handfull of people die from to much consumption of jet fuel, or lose their sanity because they cannot take the noise of an airplane flying over thier home that there never was every 30 seconds for 14 hours a day?????

• The FAA is currently conducting research projects to quantify the impact of aircraft noise on sleep disturbance and cardiovascular health with the Aviation Sustainability Center (ASCENT), the FAA Center of Excellence for Alternative Jet Fuels and Environment.

so what do they do? knock on everyone's door to see of they had a good nights sleep, or make something up????
what research projects?
what are the names?
where are they held?
how do they think "impact of aircraft noise" would be?
having a plane fly over your home every 30 seconds for 14 hours a day???
How did think it would be?

• Through the National Academies Airport Cooperative Research Program, the FAA is also conducting research to understand the impact of aircraft noise on children’s learning.

how disrupting do they think it would be?, having airplanes fly over schools every 30 seconds all during the school day, How could the children possibly be able to concentrate?

all of these studies should have been done BEFORE NextGen was implemented!!!!! and they implemented it without anyone's awareness.

June 2012, what's going on?, why are these planes flying here, Ive never seen that before.
I'm living here for 30 years & never saw a parade of planes fly that low, every 30 seconds for days on end, in my nice quiet peaceful neighborhood? and Im over 10 miles away from both airports????

how does this happen?, and
why was this allowed to have happen????
and why is it STILL happening??????????????????????

that letter unfortunetely said nothing, and we all can clearley see that the FAA has no intention of doing anything.
I too am curious to find out how the Phoenix lawsuit is coming along? and I want to know why NY has not ever done squat regarding this issue??????

Old 10-30-2017, 06:48 AM

It seems Maryland is joining the litigation path

MD Lawmakers Join Residents In Wanting To Sue FAA Over Flight Patterns « CBS Baltimore

There is a round-table meeting tonight from 7:30-9:00 at Queens Borough Hall

Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 AM

Well....It is official:

http://www.marylandattorneygeneral.g...17/103117a.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island