Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
My heart, it bleeds for you Regardless of the routes, anyone who lives a few miles from two of the country's busiest airports has no right to complain about planes passing over their precious airspace.

LULZ
tissues on sale i know how you all love to shop nows your chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
Nightcrawler what you said about it NOT being here when we bought many moons ago has been repeated in these types of threads many times. Yet those who like to throw out one-liners just don't want to hear it. Their only response is "get over it". Meanwhile over here the noise has stopped after being inundated with planes all summer last year. It is such a difference - I'm extremely grateful and relieved it was a short term thing. I didn't have to "get over it" nor should I have to like the idiots suggest. But other people I'm sure are suffering now. Hopefully it's the same people who experienced the noise all along, when they purchased, knowing full well it would be there.

The fish in the ocean sure don't seem to mind.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Nightcrawler what you said about it NOT being here when we bought many moons ago has been repeated in these types of threads many times. Yet those who like to throw out one-liners just don't want to hear it. Their only response is "get over it". Meanwhile over here the noise has stopped after being inundated with planes all summer last year. It is such a difference - I'm extremely grateful and relieved it was a short term thing. I didn't have to "get over it" nor should I have to like the idiots suggest. But other people I'm sure are suffering now. Hopefully it's the same people who experienced the noise all along, when they purchased, knowing full well it would be there.

You live within miles of a major airport what the hell do you expect i live in the strip were planes setup for islip you don't see me crying the noise is nothing except for the one year when we had a military cargo plane and the idea somebody would say i don't have to get over it when you live by and airport is ludacris.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
^ the answer is right there in my post you quoted, genius.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post

Thank you, I am glad you understand me.

I know they (the people) all say don't live near an airport.
Newsflash: I don't.

I live in bath beach and we never had air traffic, and I am living here 25 years and live no where near an airport.

but the flightpaths have changed a few years ago, some days are better than others depending on what runway the planes going to LGA use. If they go up the hudson, then we are good over here, but Park Slope is horrific with airplane noise.

I find it really offensive when dumb people say get over it, don't buy a home near an airport.

I didn't buy a home near an airport, and no, I'm not getting over it.

It is CRIMINAL what the FAA has done to us here in Brooklyn and Long Ilsand and Queens, plain and simple, CRIMINAL.

PS: that I agree with

Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,694 times
Were the flight paths changed to increase capacity, or was there another reason?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I know they (the people) all say don't live near an airport.
Newsflash: I don't.

I live in bath beach and we never had air traffic, and I am living here 25 years and live no where near an airport.
WAT?! If you live anywhere in the NYC metro area, you live near THREE very busy airports. Try a map sometime.

Quote:
I find it really offensive when dumb people say get over it, don't buy a home near an airport.

I didn't buy a home near an airport, and no, I'm not getting over it.
Actually, you did - see above. Feel free to not get over it, because nobody is going to care.

Quote:
It is CRIMINAL what the FAA has done to us here in Brooklyn and Long Ilsand and Queens, plain and simple, CRIMINAL.
Once again, LULZ! The FAA's "nextgen" flight paths are being utilized to reduce fuel consumption, reduce emissions, and save time. I have a feeling they won't be scrapping these optimizations to satisfy a few clueless tools who believe they own the airspace near their homes.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM

596 posts, read 982,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
WAT?! If you live anywhere in the NYC metro area, you live near THREE very busy airports. Try a map sometime.

Actually, you did - see above. Feel free to not get over it, because nobody is going to care.

Once again, LULZ! The FAA's "nextgen" flight paths are being utilized to reduce fuel consumption, reduce emissions, and save time. I have a feeling they won't be scrapping these optimizations to satisfy a few clueless tools who believe they own the airspace near their homes.

Exactly! JFK and LGA are only about 10 miles apart, and EWR is less than 20 miles from them. If you live ANYWHERE in NYC or Nassau County you are near a major airport, and on any given day you may be near their flight path. And LOL @ anyone who chooses to live in NYC and complains about noise!!! Unless you're younger than about 25, you would know that jet aircraft are much quieter than they used to be. FWIW about 30 years ago I lived right by a major airport where they built and test flew F15s & F18s, and the Air Guard flew F4s. When they took off in afterburner the whole apt building would shake, and I f'in loved every minute of it!

Let's face it, some people would beotch if you hung them with a new rope.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito_Chueco View Post
Exactly! JFK and LGA are only about 10 miles apart, and EWR is less than 20 miles from them. If you live ANYWHERE in NYC or Nassau County you are near a major airport, and on any given day you may be near their flight path.
Thanks, good to see someone else here can maintain perspective Apparently some believe they "don't live near the airport" because they're 20 minutes away, meanwhile that 20 minutes by car is 30 seconds worth of the plane's flight path.

Anyone who thinks they're above hearing jets over their homes might want to consider moving way east or way north (as in upstate). Until then, have fun trying to blast the FAA with your faux indignation

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM

913 posts, read 885,455 times
I remember the concord used to shake our windows. We used to run out to get a good look at it. Boy that was a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island