Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentrazemine View Post
Which neighborhoods might I ask? Because it seems more reasonable to have flight patterns designated over lower socioeconomic or urban areas than affluent areas that I live around and I spent my good earned money living nearby. It used to be such a nice, quiet and peaceful residential neighborhood that has now turned into a mecca for constant bombardment of flights 24/7 even till the night. This is truly disgusting what they're doing and the posts here give the impression that there's absolutely no other alternative when I'm sure there is.

I have an idea, let's have the planes fly over areas based on median income salary or income tax. The crappier or less marginal areas get bombarded by more planes.

I would really like to know which areas were complaining pre-JFK flight pattern.
NIMBYism at its finest lol

Let the poor deal with the noise. I want to live near an airport but not deal with the airport noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 05:31 PM

77 posts, read 111,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
NIMBYism at its finest lol

Let the poor deal with the noise. I want to live near an airport but not deal with the airport noise.

As I said prior, I don't live remotely near an airport. But if I did, I wouldn't be complaining as I'd expect the noise.

But this is truly awful and uncalled for.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,180,951 times
So no one remembers the days when we used to hear the Concorde taking off and landing over the south shore?

Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
So no one remembers the days when we used to hear the Concorde taking off and landing over the south shore?
I do. I remember watching and hearing that fat monster roar in low over me on the Belt Pkwy. Awesome! No complaining here!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,223,517 times
I can't believe this thread is still going on. "You know what I hate? Aircraft noise! I think I'll move near one of the busiest airports in the country!" If you live in NY metro, you're going to deal with aircraft noise. Get over it, move or be quiet about it already. It's tiresome.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,279,696 times
Quote:
I have an idea, let's have the planes fly over areas based on median income salary or income tax. The crappier or less marginal areas get bombarded by more planes.
LULZ!

I sincerely hope a plane doesn't accidentally land on your home one day. What a turd

Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM

77 posts, read 111,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
LULZ!

I sincerely hope a plane doesn't accidentally land on your home one day. What a turd
So which solutions would you propose to the airplane noise problem? It would seem more reasonable to have planes fly over urban areas that are already loud than nice quiet residential districts. The lower socioeconomic areas should be directed over the flight patterns first by any navigational means possible.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
So which solutions would you propose to the airplane noise problem? It would seem more reasonable to have planes fly over urban areas that are already loud than nice quiet residential districts. The lower socioeconomic areas should be directed over the flight patterns first by any navigational means possible.
LMAO! Let me run that by a pilot who actually has to fly the big b%%t%rds in and out of these urban airports (newsflash: it can be tricky, especially LGA in the NYC area) and get back to you, pal ...

Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,857,645 times
So I take it any proposal to expand McArthur Airport to accomodate A380s is not going to happen?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:

Wow, so Franklin Square and Howard Beach who are in the flight pattern for JFK are now lower socioeconomic areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island