Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:18 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,662,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvertaxedOnLI View Post
I will forever remember Organic Chem as the course that killed my 4.0 GPA. I have definitely blocked out the professor's name but I am sure it wasn't Hechtel... it was a youngish guy.

I do recall my history prof's names though: Dr. Stuart Semel and Dr. Karl Bottigheimer were both in British History. I'm sitting here trying to remember the name of the German or Swiss professor who taught the courses in the history of Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Fairly tall, very slim, probably in his 60s at the time, and with pure white hair.
When I took organic at SUNY SB, you would have needed a pair of binoculars to see the professor. There were more than 500 people in the class. I got a B without much effort. The little plus signs and arrows and neat little percent yields pale in comparative difficulty to real organic synthesis. There, it's 'react A with B, and get mostly C (hopefully, what you wanted) some D (junk you toss) and a slumgullion of God knows what, that you have to scrape out of the flask.'

P-chem...now that was tough. Getting a B in that course was one of my greatest academic achievements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM

265 posts, read 1,546,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
When I took organic at SUNY SB, you would have needed a pair of binoculars to see the professor. There were more than 500 people in the class.
Same here: It was in that big Lecture Hall/Auditorium thing or whatever they called it. Past the History Dept buildings, walk toward the campus center and then go left (when coming in from the parking garage) ... if memory serves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island