U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If money were no object, where would you live on LI...and why?
North Shore 53 60.92%
Mid Island 11 12.64%
South Shore 23 26.44%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM

7,658 posts, read 17,829,443 times

Advertisements

If money were no object, where would you live on Long Island...and why?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM

263 posts, read 870,385 times
Mid Island. I live in mid suffolk and I just really like my neighborhood, and the surrounding ones. I also like the proximity to the LIE.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,079,728 times
North Shore...further east out on the fork. Reasons are:
'
1) Less chance of getting washed away when the "big one" comes
2) Friday/Sunday afternoon traffic is not as much of a nightmare as on the LIE/Sunrise/SS
3) local farms provide just about everything you need.
4) high probability you can stumble home from a winery tour.

We'd love a house on the bluffs over looking the Sound where we can use wind an solar energy. Actually if money were not an issue we probably settle on Shelter Island.

Mid-island is out. We became addicted to water views the minute we moved here and would not want to give that up.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:21 PM

350 posts, read 931,982 times
North Shore - more scenic. More trees, winding roads, hills, bluffs and more. Some of these areas include Cold Spring Harbor, Cold Spring Hills, Lloyd's Neck, Northport, Stony Brook and the North Fork.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 PM

7,658 posts, read 17,829,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
Mid Island. I live in mid suffolk and I just really like my neighborhood, and the surrounding ones. I also like the proximity to the LIE.

I got to admit you guys have it good when it comes to convenience.

crooks

Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM

9,595 posts, read 21,032,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrisle View Post
North Shore - more scenic. More trees, winding roads, hills, bluffs and more. Some of these areas include Cold Spring Harbor, Lloyd Neck, Northport, Stony Brook and the North Fork.
I've lived on both shores - for me, the North Shore, hands down. I agree with your choices of locations

Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM

518 posts, read 1,704,101 times
south shore. i dont know why really, i just kinda like the feel of the south shore better.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:49 AM

2,845 posts, read 9,803,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
south shore. i dont know why really, i just kinda like the feel of the south shore better.
Same here, even though I'll gladly admit the North Shore is much nicer in basically every regard.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:13 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,602,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
North Shore...further east out on the fork. Reasons are:
'
1) Less chance of getting washed away when the "big one" comes
2) Friday/Sunday afternoon traffic is not as much of a nightmare as on the LIE/Sunrise/SS
3) local farms provide just about everything you need.
4) high probability you can stumble home from a winery tour.

We'd love a house on the bluffs over looking the Sound where we can use wind an solar energy. Actually if money were not an issue we probably settle on Shelter Island.

Mid-island is out. We became addicted to water views the minute we moved here and would not want to give that up.
We think alike

Old 12-11-2008, 06:11 AM

2,845 posts, read 9,803,548 times
I really like Sea Cliff, Glen Cove, Oyster Bay, Huntington and Northport on the North Shore. If I was gonna live there, it'd be one of those. Maybe Port Washington, don't know that much about it even though I've been there hundreds of times. College Point if we're including Queens...

I'd live pretty much anywhere on the South Shore though. Patchogue is very appealing to me right now. If I could find a job that far out on LI I'd do it in a heartbeat, no luck so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island