Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:04 PM

453 posts, read 1,535,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBBulldog83 View Post
The only boarded up house that fits your description is a foreclosure. It is not a crack den, and has never been one. It is a house that a middle-class family lived in, just like the vast majority of the houses in Belmont Estates.

Which house are you referring to? My last trip through the area I saw more than one house boarded up now. Multiple homes, infact.

The only look that is not deceiving is that the overwhelming majority of the homeowners in this area are African-American.

Oh, woe is you. Get over yourself. I love people who try to say "oh it's because black/hispanic/irish/asian people live there" No, it's because people get shot, drug deals go down and the cops could care less.

If one wanted to get to Straight Path from Mount Avenue, all you have to do is stay on Mount Avenue and drive to the end.

Except they don't they cut from Belmont down Genoa and onto Centerwood.

...and you will see kids hanging out. Or you may not.

Yes, when cops tell me THEY won't come to the area without another officer (NO SINGLE RIDER COP CARS) that speaks volumes. When I have pit bulls chase my car while their owners laugh. When I watch someone from my window meet another person under a street lamp at 11:30 at night shake hands and walk away from each other shoving stuff into pockets? I bet they're just wishing each other a great day, right?

This is utterly untrue. You need to stop smoking that stuff you bought at the "crack den" on Barclay!

Maybe instead of rolling your eyes you should take off the rose colored glasses Your neighborhood may have been nice some time ago but now Wyandanch has spilled over and your area is "Wyandanch Lite". Not all neighborhoods stay good forever, nor do they stay bad. Perhaps those of you left should band together and focus your energies on geting Suffolk PD to patrol more instead of trying to convince the internet that your area is good.

Well, good riddance to you.
BYE! Gotta say, I love my new neighborhood where I can take my child to the park and not have to worry about gang jump ins and drug deals happening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 04:28 AM

7 posts, read 15,740 times
http://taxpac.homestead.com/files/prost.htm.....See this web site if you want to know about North Babylon West Babylon and Deer Park. There are maniacs racing their cars and endangering driver in Deer Park and it is loaded with prostitution and massage parlors that front for prostitution rings. All three areas are loaded with welfare section 8 houses and illegal two family dwellings. On columbus Rd a man was found shot to death in his car and sat there in the driver seat for 3 days B4 anyone said anything. The police are lazy and corrupt and that was proven by a NYS investigation. Columbus, Rutgers, LaFayette, all roads that border the industrial zone are heavily trafficed by semi trucks that refuse to obey the weight limitations. Their are also sex acts going on in cars in the industrial zone and in the residential area there. The place is a slum. The pagans sell narcotics there. one block from residential homes there are 3 (THREE) x-rated bars. (as if one wasn't enough) If you come from hell, then this is a nice area.OH AND BTW, I'm not even talking about Wyandanch which borders N. Babylon, BC the horror stories about that community would take moreweb space up here than you actually have available.</p>

Last edited by DJ F CEE; 01-24-2010 at 05:33 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 05:30 AM

7 posts, read 15,740 times
Ok, first of all I lived between the area of Southern state and Sunrise Highway right along Belmont for over 12 years and was a civic leader. B4 that my family lived there for decades. The big flaw in this whole topic is that because the place is governed under the town of babylon and those town board leaders are well known for telling people when they make complaints about crack houses, that they should "move out". but the crack house occupants can stay bc they don't complain. My extensive observation of the "quality of life" within the township of babylon, it's dismal. Dangerous for families.Every other house is an investment property owned by out of town/state slumlord landlord. All the news stories about crackhouses have always revealedthat the home were NOT owned by black folks but that the black folks were renters, and the homes were all section 8 welfare properties. I used to try to rally support for critcal issues and go from door to door and every other home, the people would explain that they were not owners and couldn't care less.(they could just move if it gets bad, in a month's time) No ownership interest.Joint civic association meetings between bordering civic leaders would reveal that the whole township is one big slum. A getto. Deer park ave has massage parlors fronting for prostitution. They get closed up and re-open 2 weeks later. Lunatics have been racing their cars on Deer park av for more than 30 years and very little has been done. Now on to North Babylon. Near hubbards path there are 3 x-rated bars all only ONE BLOCK from homes! One bar is a meeting place for the pagans, and the pagans were found to have becomethe new enforcers for the Mafia. Up and down the Sunrise highway between exit 40 and 37 there have been photos of prostitutes posted on the web,just walking the service road in both directions, flagging down johns.(police would often refuse to look at the photos) Also along sunrise in that same area are several or more of the raunchiest little motels which are only motels in name but have been found to house paroled sex-offenders who claim to be homeless. One motel named the Brook Motel (near Brook Street) had a owner that housed 17 paroled sex offenders. ( they didn't even have 17 rooms and used to double up paroled sex offenders, which of course is a violation of their parole agreement.) There is a supermarket at Hubbards path where tractor trailors stop just to try and pick up a prostitute bc the prostitutes have often been found to be approaching dads in cars in the Grand Union parking lot. We one time tried to snap a photoof a prostitute in action there and she pulled her dress up toher head and was wearing nothing. The photo was brought to police who did NOT arrest her. The Police that handle that area are a corrupt and lazy organization. A decade ago a state investigation uncovered some pretty disturbing details about the First Precinct.It was so well known to be stocked with lazy officers that the convenience store directly accross the street was robbed at gunpoint. I could go on, but I'll stop.</p>

Last edited by DJ F CEE; 01-24-2010 at 05:42 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ F CEE View Post
Ok, first of all I lived between the area of Southern state and Sunrise Highway right along Belmont for over 12 years and was a civic leader. B4 that my family lived there for decades. The big flaw in this whole topic is that because the place is governed under the town of babylon and those town board leaders are well known for telling people when they make complaints about crack houses, that they should "move out". but the crack house occupants can stay bc they don't complain. My extensive observation of the "quality of life" within the township of babylon, it's dismal. Dangerous for families.Every other house is an investment property owned by out of town/state slumlord landlord. All the news stories about crackhouses have always revealedthat the home were NOT owned by black folks but that the black folks were renters, and the homes were all section 8 welfare properties. I used to try to rally support for critcal issues and go from door to door and every other home, the people would explain that they were not owners and couldn't care less.(they could just move if it gets bad, in a month's time) No ownership interest.Joint civic association meetings between bordering civic leaders would reveal that the whole township is one big slum. A getto. Deer park ave has massage parlors fronting for prostitution. They get closed up and re-open 2 weeks later. Lunatics have been racing their cars on Deer park av for more than 30 years and very little has been done. Now on to North Babylon. Near hubbards path there are 3 x-rated bars all only ONE BLOCK from homes! One bar is a meeting place for the pagans, and the pagans were found to have becomethe new enforcers for the Mafia. Up and down the Sunrise highway between exit 40 and 37 there have been photos of prostitutes posted on the web,just walking the service road in both directions, flagging down johns.(police would often refuse to look at the photos) Also along sunrise in that same area are several or more of the raunchiest little motels which are only motels in name but have been found to house paroled sex-offenders who claim to be homeless. One motel named the Brook Motel (near Brook Street) had a owner that housed 17 paroled sex offenders. ( they didn't even have 17 rooms and used to double up paroled sex offenders, which of course is a violation of their parole agreement.) There is a supermarket at Hubbards path where tractor trailors stop just to try and pick up a prostitute bc the prostitutes have often been found to be approaching dads in cars in the Grand Union parking lot. We one time tried to snap a photoof a prostitute in action there and she pulled her dress up toher head and was wearing nothing. The photo was brought to police who did NOT arrest her. The Police that handle that area are a corrupt and lazy organization. A decade ago a state investigation uncovered some pretty disturbing details about the First Precinct.It was so well known to be stocked with lazy officers that the convenience store directly accross the street was robbed at gunpoint. I could go on, but I'll stop.</p>

Run...dont walk.

North Babyon has fallen and it aint coming back.

I had friends near 231 who sold and left for Happuage a few years back.
They couldnt believe how bad it got ..and so quicky.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 01-24-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ F CEE View Post
Prostitution and Reckless Drivers. Town of Babylon, North Babylon, Sunrise Highway this web site if you want to know about North Babylon West Babylon and Deer Park. There are maniacs racing their cars and endangering driver in Deer Park and it is loaded with prostitution and massage parlors that front for prostitution rings. All three areas are loaded with welfare section 8 houses and illegal two family dwellings. On columbus Rd a man was found shot to death in his car and sat there in the driver seat for 3 days B4 anyone said anything. The police are lazy and corrupt and that was proven by a NYS investigation. Columbus, Rutgers, LaFayette, all roads that border the industrial zone are heavily trafficed by semi trucks that refuse to obey the weight limitations. Their are also sex acts going on in cars in the industrial zone and in the residential area there. The place is a slum. The pagans sell narcotics there. one block from residential homes there are 3 (THREE) x-rated bars. (as if one wasn't enough) If you come from hell, then this is a nice area.OH AND BTW, I'm not even talking about Wyandanch which borders N. Babylon, BC the horror stories about that community would take moreweb space up here than you actually have available.</p>
Prostitution and Reckless Drivers. Town of Babylon, North Babylon, Sunrise Highway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island