Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 33,224,905 times
Reputation: 7338

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because I live in Suffolk? I don't pay taxes to NCPD.

People in Nassau have every right to replace the S in everything I've said with an N.

Are you really that dim?
Once again, a personal attack because you have nothing better to say. Now how am I supposed to know you live in Suffolk County?

I thought you were addressing this as a LONG ISLAND PROBLEM, not specifically a Suffolk County problem.

 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Reputation: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Once again, a personal attack because you have nothing better to say. Now how am I supposed to know you live in Suffolk County?

I thought you were addressing this as a LONG ISLAND PROBLEM, not specifically a Suffolk County problem.

It is a LI problem. WTF difference does it make what acronym I was using? Their compensations are very similar..they feed off each other in contract negotiations.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Reputation: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Any cop relative or cops out there who will admit this? PLEASE! ADMIT IT!

Nassau County Police Department
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/new/recruitment.htm (broken link)

Don't be afraid to click next time before you start disputing other peoples numbers, mmmkay? .
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Status: "I must be “really retarded”" (set 2 days ago)
 
19,836 posts, read 20,572,621 times
Reputation: 16499
I have family in the civil service division of the police force, not actually cops, but they do work hand in hand together. The cops often brag about their salaries and benefits, like it's a sport. And they cry like a spoiled child if there is even a whisper of any kind of possible cut back or concession. I have family that ARE actually retired cops, but so far removed from todays wages and benefits that they can't relate. They are annoyed though that they weren't making relative wages back then to what cops make now. but not in a bitter angry way, just "I wish I was making that kind of money back then".

I also have family that are teachers. They cry and complain about everything.
The money, the benefits, the kids.
Although one of my cousins took a job at a school for special needs kids, and she is litterally physically abused by the kids, and I'm talking children, not teenagers.
Her wrist was broken one time.
BTW...she makes nowhere near what most of the teachers in the "regular" school districts make. Where was I going with all this? Arg...don't remember.

Ok, NOW can we start beating up other people wasting our tax dollars???
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 33,224,905 times
Reputation: 7338
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Nassau County Police Department

Don't be afraid to click next time before you start disputing other peoples numbers, mmmkay? .

When I last checked a month ago, Suffolk info was up there..it appears to be missing now. Hmmm.......
What if they decided to use your suggestions and are now revamping compensation, retirement time and benefits so that EVERYTHING THE POLICE GET IS LESS THAN PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS GET.

Will you be happy if that were to happen? Or would you still be hating and whining?

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 01-23-2009 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: He keeps changing his post
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Reputation: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Oh a month ago? A lot can change in a month ... now there's nothing to back you up.

This could mean that they have decided to use your suggestions and are now revamping compensation, retirement time and benefits so that EVERYTHING THE POLICE GET IS LESS THAN PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS GET.

Will you be happy if that were to happen? Or would you still be hating and whining?
See my edit.

I think what the cops make should be comparable to what teachers make. I think that's fair, with an earlier retirement. My ability to type 2 words into google means that I am "obsessed".

Putting things in bold doesn't make anything you say sound smarter.

You've tried to turn this discussion into something whimsical, because you are out of ammunition..you never really had any, but you THOUGHT you did. Nice try. Just do us a favor..next time this topic comes up..be quiet unless you are going to talk in facts.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 33,224,905 times
Reputation: 7338
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I have family in the civil service division of the police force, not actually cops, but they do work hand in hand together. The cops often brag about their salaries and benefits, like it's a sport. And they cry like a spoiled child if there is even a whisper of any kind of possible cut back or concession. I have family that ARE actually retired cops, but so far removed from todays wages and benefits that they can't relate. They are annoyed though that they weren't making relative wages back then to what cops make now. but not in a bitter angry way, just "I wish I was making that kind of money back then".

I also have family that are teachers. They cry and complain about everything.
The money, the benefits, the kids.
It's called "crying with a loaf under each arm."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Ok, NOW can we start beating up other people wasting our tax dollars???
I'm trying Karl. I was hoping to get some comments going towards the other police departments on Long Island and whether they are big tax money spenders, but nothing so far.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Reputation: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I have family in the civil service division of the police force, not actually cops, but they do work hand in hand together. The cops often brag about their salaries and benefits, like it's a sport. And they cry like a spoiled child if there is even a whisper of any kind of possible cut back or concession. I have family that ARE actually retired cops, but so far removed from todays wages and benefits that they can't relate. They are annoyed though that they weren't making relative wages back then to what cops make now. but not in a bitter angry way, just "I wish I was making that kind of money back then".

I also have family that are teachers. They cry and complain about everything.
The money, the benefits, the kids.
Although one of my cousins took a job at a school for special needs kids, and she is litterally physically abused by the kids, and I'm talking children, not teenagers.
Her wrist was broken one time.
BTW...she makes nowhere near what most of the teachers in the "regular" school districts make. Where was I going with all this? Arg...don't remember.

Ok, NOW can we start beating up other people wasting our tax dollars???
Teachers spend a lot of time venting to each other about bad kids, irresponsible parents, some of their lazier co-workers, and their hopeless administrators..I've gone pretty much deaf in one ear because of it. That happens in most fields, including with police..whose ***** fests I've also been a party to, albeit on fewer occasions.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 33,224,905 times
Reputation: 7338
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
See my edit.

I think what the cops make should be comparable to what teachers make. I think that's fair, with an earlier retirement. My ability to type 2 words into google means that I am "obsessed".
So that means the cops should get LESS $$$ or the teachers should get more $$$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Putting things in bold doesn't make anything you say sound smarter.
Being nasty and snarky when you don't get your way doesn't make you sound anymore intelligent. (Perhaps this whole thing is coming about because you are a frustrated SCPD wannabe. You certainly have some of the personality traits.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You've tried to turn this discussion into something whimsical, because you are out of ammunition..you never really had any, but you THOUGHT you did. Nice try. Just do us a favor..next time this topic comes up..be quiet unless you are going to talk in facts.
Yeah. That's why everyday when I log on to city-data I see more rep points for me attached to my posts on this thread. How about you?
 
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
 
13,507 posts, read 16,984,042 times
Reputation: 9688
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It's called "crying with a loaf under each arm."



I'm trying Karl. I was hoping to get some comments going towards the other police departments on Long Island and whether they are big tax money spenders, but nothing so far.
It depends on the department. Some are slightly more, some are significantly less. The Suffolk Sheriffs definitely get paid less than SCPD... by quite a bit. State Troopers get paid less than SCPD and NCPD.

Many of the depts on LI use each other to justify higher salaries at arbitration...they feed off each other in a vicious cycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top