Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times

Advertisements

I know NC and SC get the "big bucks".
I have no clue what the Incorporated Village Departments get.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So that means the cops should get LESS $$$ or the teachers should get more $$$?

Being nasty and snarky when you don't get your way doesn't make you sound anymore intelligent. (Perhaps this whole thing is coming about because you are a frustrated SCPD wannabe. You certainly have some of the personality traits.)

Yeah. That's why everyday when I log on to city-data I see more rep points for me attached to my posts on this thread. How about you?
I'm very proud of you and your rep points.

If getting my way means showing you to be blatantly wrong, yes I got my way. You've been retreating for a long time now..you should just stop.

There's no question that SCPD should be making less than they are in total compensation.

Looking at the SCPD compensation, I probably should have taken the test when I was 22. I never knew it was such a gravy train until just recently, though. I had hear whispers of it, but not until recently was I aware of the extent.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm very proud of you and your rep points.

If getting my way means showing you to be blatantly wrong, yes I got my way. You've been retreating for a long time now..you should just stop.

There's no question that SCPD should be making less than they are in total compensation.

Looking at the SCPD compensation, I probably should have taken the test when I was 22. I never knew it was such a gravy train until just recently, though. I had hear whispers of it, but not until recently was I aware of the extent.
What am I blatantly wrong about? Where, oh where, did I go wrong, all knowing one?

What's the matter? Are you too old to take the test now? I am sure your winning personality would be an asset to SCPD and you would fit in really well. Get in there by all means and then there can be a gravy train rider in your family on two of the big gravy trains on Long Island. Yay!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Everyone makes $100K as a minimum guaranteed salary after 5 years or is that YOUR ESTIMATE of what YOU THINK every cop makes because you think every single cop earns that much overtime each and every year s/he works? Don't exaggerate if you want us to take you seriously. I try to be fair but sometimes people make it hard for me to find them credible.

Here is where the pie hit you in your face, and you you still haven't wiped it off.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Oh boy...

Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Here is where the pie hit you in your face, and you you still haven't wiped it off.
So I asked you a question and you answered me, with webpage verification. What's the big deal?

I will see you later. Gotta meeting.

How many posts can be added to a thread on city-data? I hope its unlimited for your sake.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Default Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Oh boy...
How about illegal aliens? They waste taxpayer money on Long Island.

Later Karl.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
So I asked you a question and you answered me, with webpage verification. What's the big deal?

I will see you later. Gotta meeting.

How many posts can be added to a thread on city-data? I hope its unlimited for your sake.

You belligerently insinuated that I was making up facts. A Little different than asking a question.

You must be lovely to work with...with al. the owning up to your mistakes and such.....

Old 01-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
How about illegal aliens? They waste taxpayer money on Long Island.

Later Karl.
Of course they do. Why would we talk about things that we agree on? Get's a bit redundant.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM

50 posts, read 102,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I think in a way, paying the police less may actually be a good thing. It just may weed out those looking to jump on the cash cow, because anyone who truly wants to become a cop because they are passionate about the job and making a difference in the community, will still take the job at a lesser rate of pay, because they believe in what they are doing and what it stands for. Just a thought.
I'm in my 30's and so many of the kids I grew up with on Long Island are now teachers on Long Island. Many of them started out going to college for something else but then switched to teaching (an old friend started out going to school for art, he was never the athletic type and yet now he's a phys ed teacher at our old junior high). So it's hard to tell which of them are teaching because they really enjoy it and which of them are teaching because they know it's a good way to afford staying on the island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island