Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
The thing is, my daughter does a lot of her shopping at Limited Too/Justice (used to be 2 different stores, now merged) so I know the prices. Not to mention, we just got their catazine and the prices in the "outlet" store were exactly the same as the catazine and the regular store.

I'm going to check out Gap and Old Navy next week. I also went in The Christmas Tree Shoppe --- they have some excellent prices! I'm going back there next week as well to pick up some frames and some HBA items.
Old Navy is a true outlet. I got a pair of jeans there for $5 that were ticketed at $9.99...they look like jeans you pay $30 at the Gap, and I don't SEE any irregularity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:47 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Old Navy is a true outlet. I got a pair of jeans there for $5 that were ticketed at $9.99...they look like jeans you pay $30 at the Gap, and I don't SEE any irregularity.
Old Navy is great.... they are owned by the same company as Gap and most of the items are made in the same factories.

I went to the Old Navy in Bay Shore one time and walked out with 3 huge bags for less than $100. Those clearance racks are great and their "everyday" prices are great, too.

I'm going to check out the Old Navy in Tanger this weekend or next just to see what kind of bargains I can find.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,853 times
The SONY store in Old Tanger, is a joke.

Absolutely NO discounted Blu Ray dvds ! A Rip off !

Old 01-25-2009, 04:44 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Okay... went back to Tanger today to check out Old Navy. Un-be-lievable prices!!!! They had the men's cargo pants for $6, as well as some heavy thermal mens tops for $5. In the girls' dept, they had the stuff marked down an additional 50% and my daughter got more stuff! Great bargains to be had in Old Navy.

The rest of the outlet?? YIKES! No real bargains in any of the stores (except Christmas Tree Shop) and most of the stores had regular retail prices (some even higher).

I guess I won't be going to Tanger Deer Park anymore.

How is the Tanger in Riverhead? Are the prices truly "outlet"? Or is it the same old story?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,682 times
the riverhead tanger has always been more of a true outlet with many discounts.. although its not ALL discounts in all the stores, but most of the stores will have at least decent clearance sections

Old 01-26-2009, 04:12 AM

Unfortunately, just a handful of stores, out of, what, "165 brand name outlets"...as their web page touts, it just doesn't cut it.

During the week, it's like a ghost town ! I'm wondering "HOW" the stores can make their electric and payrolls, with just weekend business.

The only stores I go to now are William Sonoma and STAPLES...and they are MOBBED with customers, during the ghost town hours, of the week.

Oh yes the Longed Island "pimps" fill the designer sneaker and clothing stores ! But they are another case !

Old 01-27-2009, 01:20 PM

496 posts, read 1,251,263 times
i love riverhead. i was just there, this monday, and ann taylor had their coast with additional 50 per cent off bringing the price between 19-29. i bought one of theose for a 100 bucks in november. gap had lots of sales for kids, carters too, stride rite had buy one get 2nd 50 per cent off, childrens place had their fleece two piece jammies for 4.00. i haven't been to the deer park outlet and i doubt i will.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Sorry for bumping this thread but I finally went to Tanger "Arches" at Deer Park. It was unnerving as I was pretty much the only person walking around, with urban jazz music filling the background. The stores are not outlets with big sales like at Riverhead, most everything is expensive. It is also much smaller than Riverhead, not just the center itself but the stores. Only a handful of places to eat, all expensive. The Nathan's there wanted $2-$3 more than what I could get at the one in Smith Haven Mall. Despite being 5pm that too was empty.
Bottom line I like Riverhead much better, I dont think I'll go back to Deer Park. I dont think Riverhead is hurting at all from Deer Park. What a depressing place.
Riverhead is much busier too. Much more "happening". I thought it would be busier with enough cars in the lot but those must be of employees, there were more employees than people, trust me on that one!
Tiny mall office too compared to Riverhead. Most of the folks who want an upscale mall will go to Walt Whitman which is much nicer and only a short drive away.
Why do they call it "The Arches" anyway?

Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
The SONY store in Old Tanger, is a joke.

Absolutely NO discounted Blu Ray dvds ! A Rip off !

Well they do have some discounts, like that $35 refurbished minidisc player I got there a couple of years ago. Still works great too.
Unfortunately they dont sell minidisc players anymore.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Well they do have some discounts, like that $35 refurbished minidisc player I got there a couple of years ago. Still works great too.
Unfortunately they dont sell minidisc players anymore.

ANY betamax or 8 track players ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island