Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
At some point, like other areas, the availability of space will reach Critical Mass, as it were.

We are about at that point, if you ask me.

We agree.

crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:39 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
We agree.

crooks

Talking more about this...

In the area between what will be the new MARSHALLS, most of the "empty lot" properties, in this area, are being represented by ALIANO Real Estate...their "FOR SALE" and or "SOLD" signs up.

I have the feeling that the economy has stalled any ACTUAL construction of anything on them.

For example, there is an empty lot, LITERALLY, on the Rocky Point/Miller Place border, that has been allegedly "SOLD" BUT for some reason the SELLER and BUYER have NOT yet filed the deed transfer, filed with the Town, and possibly, the County. On my inquiry to the Town, the SELLER has 15 days to file these papers, or get fined.

This particular property, according to ALIANO, hisself...imparted to a longtime neighborhood resident's query...was to be a beauty shop. Aliano related that there are some "problems getting approval" of it, with the Town.

Just on general priniciples, there is NO need for a "beauty shop" because there are two, already, a mere 100 feet in either direction of the proposed location.

So what I am thinking is....the economy has stalled this and probably OTHER transactions of the prolific, local real estate "mogul" he has, and NOTHING, appears to be "moving".

Have you noticed this trend, down there in Rocky Point ?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
We agree.

crooks
I hope you have noticed that the graffitti-riddled, formerly a BURGER KING, near the golf course, has FINALLY been torn down. It has been what ?...10 years or so, it's been there, near the new WALDBAUMS.

Just getting rid the eyesore, is reason to jump for JOY !

It's been a magnet, for every form of vandalism and graffitti for over a decade, at least !

Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Talking more about this...

In the area between what will be the new MARSHALLS, most of the "empty lot" properties, in this area, are being represented by ALIANO Real Estate...their "FOR SALE" and or "SOLD" signs up.

I have the feeling that the economy has stalled any ACTUAL construction of anything on them.

For example, there is an empty lot, LITERALLY, on the Rocky Point/Miller Place border, that has been allegedly "SOLD" BUT for some reason the SELLER and BUYER have NOT yet filed the deed transfer, filed with the Town, and possibly, the County. On my inquiry to the Town, the SELLER has 15 days to file these papers, or get fined.

This particular property, according to ALIANO, hisself...imparted to a longtime neighborhood resident's query...was to be a beauty shop. Aliano related that there are some "problems getting approval" of it, with the Town.

Just on general priniciples, there is NO need for a "beauty shop" because there are two, already, a mere 100 feet in either direction of the proposed location.

So what I am thinking is....the economy has stalled this and probably OTHER transactions of the prolific, local real estate "mogul" he has, and NOTHING, appears to be "moving".

Have you noticed this trend, down there in Rocky Point ?
Occupancy isnt too too bad in Rocky Point ...yet.
Kohls center is doing well so far.

Were super glad to see the BK crushed.

crooks

Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Occupancy isnt too too bad in Rocky Point ...yet.
Kohls center is doing well so far.

Were super glad to see the BK crushed.

crooks

MICHAELS seems to be doing great too.

Plenty of parking in that parking lot. It always looks like Christmas, there.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM

On MARSHALLS...

Remember, HOME GOODS owns MARSHALLS, so it will be interesting to see what happens to the HOME GOODS store, down the road "a piece", at 4900 Nesconset HWY.

The only other mixed brand store, I know of is down by LOWES near Smith Haven Mall, and another one closer, in Selden. These "mixed stores" usually use the back aisle store space, a very small part of the bigger store.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
On MARSHALLS...

Remember, HOME GOODS owns MARSHALLS, so it will be interesting to see what happens to the HOME GOODS store, down the road "a piece", at 4900 Nesconset HWY.

The only other mixed brand store, I know of is down by LOWES near Smith Haven Mall, and another one closer, in Selden. These "mixed stores" usually use the back aisle store space, a very small part of the bigger store.

Marshalls Stony Brook has fared well oer the years.

Better than a WalMart.

rooks

Old 02-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Marshalls to Miller Place?

The North Shore Sun

Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
There is a Marshall's that is the second floor of a Home Goods in Commack. They are both always crowded.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
There is a Marshall's that is the second floor of a Home Goods in Commack. They are both always crowded.

There is also a MARSHALLS in College Plaza, Selden....one floor, HOME GOODS stuff, sprinkled throughout, but mainly, in the rear of the store.

Interestingly, we were there yesterday, and there were NO front registers open, like usual, just the Customer Service desk.

ON the Miller Place opening, I find it interesting that the lease, seems to be, in the name of a third party, a "Landlord/Lease Owner", and NOT MARSHALLS, itself.

Two interesting things, I have found out about this....

NOTE: IN BOTH EXCERPTS, there are "disclaimers" relating to the ETHICS of this "arrangement"...which ONLY can confirm, there were SOME KIND OF "funny business" going on between these parties.

I mean, do these REAL ESTATE..AHEM...MOGULS, THINK people are STUPID ????

This is what I was talking about, in other places here, there is NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES !

"Among those most concerned is the landlord, Nino Militello of Smithtown, whose company, Pina Construction, owns the plaza.

Militello bought the site just before Waldbaum's shut its doors from a group headed by Paul Elliott, a well-known area developer held in high regard by those in public affairs for his attention to community concerns.

Despite some belief among Miller Placers to the contrary, Militello said he does not believe Elliott knew Waldbaum's was about to bail out when they closed the deal.

"They have the power to move out and keep the place vacant, and the owner can do nothing legally," Militello said, adding that he has consulted several lawyers about the situation, including one who is a top expert in the field. "They do it because they want to kill the shopping center."

Militello agreed that his other tenants are suffering. He said he has been in the property management business for 30 years and has "never had to deal with this."

Miller Place seethes over empty Waldbaum's store

Parent A&P won't give up lease; smaller shops suffering
By Peter C. Mastrosimone

November 08, 2007

http://www.northshoreoflongisland.com/Articles-i-2007-11-08-67612.112114_Miller_Place_seethes_over_empty_Waldb aums_store.html

AND.......................

"Nino Militello, the property owner of the old Waldbaums, has confirmed that he now has the keys back for the building through an agreement with Stop & Shop, and he is actively pursuing a tenant. Although not committed, TJ Maxx has viewed the property several times and appears very interested. Many of us would’ve preferred to see another supermarket but apparently S&S has managed to corner the current supermarket business in our hamlet through their deal with A&P to assume the lease as Waldbaums vacated. I’m sure this was all done legally, but ethically it was reprehensible and S&S should be ashamed of their ploy. We are anxious to see that vacant business filled as soon as possible. It has put an excessive and unwarranted strain on the smaller stores in this center and I’d like to encourage you to please shop there whenever you can."

Kathy Rousseau

http://www.millerplacecivic.org/newslet0508.pdf

Miller Place Civic Association, Inc [/SIZE]
May 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island