Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:23 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
My Friend, I am a patriotic American and I must do what my President tells me to do.

Here is the symbol of my New Way Of Life, in our "Different World".

I used to put this hand over my Heart, when the National Anthem was played.

Now, I propose, we do this, in respect to our Country's, New Principles and Ideals !
It's a "Different World" not to be embarrassed having a complete idiot as our President... different to not make everything about "the old boy's club"... different to see a sliver of respect forming from abroad.

Extend your hand as the "new ideal"... The old ideals should have had the hand of Wall St reaching into our pockets. I'll take the new one any day.

Quote:
ACORN is the harbinger of the NEW AMERICA.

If they are good for our President to use as Footsoldiers in his election, to sign up dead people and Mickey Mouse on voter registration forms, it's good enough for me, to swear allegiance to !

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !
If you'd get off Hannity's Moderator cut: obscene language removed for 3 seconds you'd realize that a dead person and Mickey Mouse have double the intelligence of the avergage Republican. Thank God they voted.

It's funny that you think you're being facetious and oh-so-cutsey with the "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" comment... It's actually about Moderator cut: language time.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-28-2009 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
It's funny that you think you're being facetious and oh-so-cutsey with the "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" comment... It's actually about f^%$king time.
Facetious, NO. You should be offended by what I said, BUT because it should offend your sense of values and principles.

Putting your hand out, and expecting someone to fill it for you...and fill it from the hard work of another individual, is offensive...just on general principles, let alone it's the Federal Government, in addition, rewarding you for "bad behaviour".

THIS is at the very root of this legislation.

In the end, they are not helping people, there are, in fact, helping them to be lazy and bad citizens.

It's a temporary "band aid" for the Inevitable....your own ruin as a person, a person who deserves, to be treated with Dignity.

They are taking it away from you, in the eyes of your Loved Ones...if something like that matters to you. It is your loved ones, who are going to be paying for what we are doing now, in terms of future Debt Obligation.

Is that what you REALLY want to do ?

And when you lose a house the second time...depending on what your circumstances are...and for good, the people who are giving you this "help", NOW, won't be there to help you when you are goint go most need it...though you will be expecting their helping hand, in some way.

They are certainly NOT helping the collective "US" on Long Island.

As we know, we pay the highest taxes, than most people in this country, and we are going to have to pay MORE.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 PM

47 posts, read 259,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
It's a "Different World" not to be embarrassed having a complete idiot as our President... different to not make everything about "the old boy's club"... different to see a sliver of respect forming from abroad.

Extend your hand as the "new ideal"... The old ideals should have had the hand of Wall St reaching into our pockets. I'll take the new one any day.

Mickey Mouse have double the intelligence of the avergage Republican. Thank God they voted.

It's funny that you think you're being facetious and oh-so-cutsey with the "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" comment... It's actually about time.
Amazing, I suppose you think of yourself as liberal and open minded?

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-28-2009 at 02:04 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM

YouTube - Rick Santelli and the "Rant of the Year"

Rick Santelli Responds to The White House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7_ZzW1jJ4&NR=1

Old 02-28-2009, 07:16 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Good Job Rick,

Thank you for confirming for us that the Republican Party has indeed been reduced to morons and millionaires.
The Party of ideas indeed...see you in 20 years.

Im just glad were no longer inundated with boot strappin', blue collar elite, Joe the Plumber asscracks in Brookhaven.
Oh wait a minute ...maybe we still are???
; )

And now for yor listening pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmiYCh1jjWU

crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-28-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 11:35 PM

My friend, YOU CAN'T POST ANYTHING HERE, that will eclipse a Tea Party !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQbndzZV9E

PS...Thanks for, at least, posting something with "REAGAN" in it...just like our President did, in his.....REAGAN-ESQUE, PSUEDO-STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH !

There is hope, for you yet, Crookhaven...I am saying my prayers, for you...even though this Law, may preclude my use of the word "prayers".

Last edited by longislandmike; 03-01-2009 at 12:11 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
My friend, YOU CAN'T POST ANYTHING HERE, that will eclipse a Tea Party !

YouTube - Anti-stimulus, anti-pork, "tea party" march to Senator Claire McCaskill's Office in Kansas City

PS...Thanks for, at least, posting something with "REAGAN" in it...just like our President did, in his.....REAGAN-ESQUE, PSUEDO-STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH !

There is hope, for you yet, Crookhaven...I am saying my prayers, for you...even though this Law, may preclude my use of the word "prayers".

They likes em big n dumb in KC too.

Im just tossin ya softballs friend....If you didnt have Reagan, you'd have nothing to talk about.

crooks

Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 AM

Sir, you are talking about the American Heartland. I take personal offense.

A note on your music choice... I prefer DEAD KENNEDYS !

DEAD KENNEDY - Google Video#

Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Sir, you are talking about the American Heartland. I take personal offense.

A note on your music choice... I prefer DEAD KENNEDYS !

DEAD KENNEDY - Google Video#
Lets keep Teddy out of this shall we?

There may be hope for you yet.

I prefer NOFX

YouTube - My video for Idiot Son Of An ******* By NoFx

Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Lets keep Teddy out of this shall we?

There may be hope for you yet.

I prefer NOFX

YouTube - My video for Idiot Son Of An ******* By NoFx

That we share ANYTHING, means there is hope !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island