Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,167,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Isn't that the Town of Riverhead ?

It will take time to see if there is another "element" coming into this neighborhood...let's hope it's going to be "good".

Let's hope they won't be those one word names...the epitomy of Pretention !
Rocky Point is doing fine.

Were very comfortable with where its headed in regards to Restaurant row. If anyone has any money, it would be a great time to scoop up Commercial property near Bway/Main on the cheap.....once the sewers are in...ka ching!!!.

Having the only Downtown between Port Jefferson and Riverhead is a very,very good thing right now.

BTW heres another great local cheap MP eatery... CP Lamannos aka Have A Pizza.

crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-07-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Actually we actually stopped going to BLONDE because of an incident with the bill...I paid the bill, in cash, $200. or so, and I was chased into the parking lot by the waitress, who thought I didn't pay her enough...she recounted in front of me...but....no apology.

THE ONLY TIME THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME, IN MY LIFE.

To me, that's grounds for saying, BYE BYE, NO future business !

We went to lunch and not dinner, at Caruso's...perhaps, that's the problem.

At Carnivale, Karen the Waitress comes from Rocky Point ! Very nice, great service, and again THE FOOD !

Thats awful.

You really should give Carusos a 2nd shot ....you may just find your other Carnivale.
(In fact I think Wayne stole a page from Carnivales playbook.....great Italian hidden behind the Pizzeria)

I know we have.

Crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 12:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,708,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I just saw a report on channel 11 mentioned Tara's in Port Jeff station, $1 burger! I wonder how big it is though. I'll have to try it sometime. Tried that Roadhouse place in Smithtown the other night, while the burger was good, there was nothing on it, and it was kinda small. Would've tasted better if it had some lettuce, tomato, and onions and costed abit less (they want nearly $3 for an American burger).
Only prob I see with Tara's is the area, PJS is a place I prefer to spend as little time in as possible.
Found online:

"Served at the Tara Inn in Port Jefferson, the burger - 1/3 pound of fresh ground beef from a local butcher - was $1 when Joe Higgins first opened the pub in 1977 and is holding steady today. Lunch at the Tara Inn amounts to a certifiable steal. One example: prime rib and Swiss sandwich with soup, salad and fries, for $5.99."

Old 02-07-2009, 01:59 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,419 times
Hartlin's Inn in Sound Beach has a GREAT, $4.95 Blue Plate Special, AND you better get there early !

There is a dining room, but eating at the bar, is the real treat, especially around noon or so.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM

By the way, in today's Mail, the WINTER EDITION COMMUNITY COUPONS.

Couldn't believe WAVE in Danford's has coupons !

THE WAVE-I-TINI is AWESOME !

Look for Rob the bartender, for the PERFECT DRINKS there, of course with some appetizers !

Old 02-07-2009, 02:23 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,433 times
Bella Italia on Echo rd (MP/SB line) is excellent Italian at a good price (they also have certificates on Restaurant.com). They have a guy who comes in and sings good ole' Italian favorites on Friday evenings.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:05 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,155,036 times
For cheap seafood dishes, large quantities & a good taste I recommend Popeis. Not sure of the one in Coram? But I like the Deer Park & Sayville restaurants.

Popie's

Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
For cheap seafood dishes, large quantities & a good taste I recommend Popeis. Not sure of the one in Coram? But I like the Deer Park & Sayville restaurants.

Popie's

Speaking of bragains in Coram is Mikes Place still open?

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Hartlin's Inn in Sound Beach has a GREAT, $4.95 Blue Plate Special, AND you better get there early !

There is a dining room, but eating at the bar, is the real treat, especially around noon or so.

Ive heard good things at Shortys too

crooks

Old 02-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Ive heard good things at Shortys too

crooks
Thanks for the tip on Shorty's !

For Harlin's, it's the working men, watching the Tv and making editorial comments on current events ! The post-election visits were very entertaining and informative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island