U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 34,826 times

Advertisements

does any body know the best way to get from the hamptons to JFK Airport?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 01:12 PM

33 posts, read 102,865 times
Once you get to the Southern State, take it to the Belt Parkway.....straight run.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 PM

486 posts, read 1,913,222 times
Southern State West to Belt Parkway to Van Wyck South and look for the signs into JFK.

Why don't you mapquest it. This way you can see the map and plan your route.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:19 PM

1,010 posts, read 3,600,435 times
Skip the Van Wyck. Take the JFK Expwy (signed for JFK Airport--basically, it's a spur off the Belt). The Van Wyck gets the bulk of the truck traffic and is prone to jams. The JFK Expressway is also more convenient coming from the east.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 AM

106 posts, read 312,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSB1021 View Post
Once you get to the Southern State, take it to the Belt Parkway.....straight run.
Only way to go.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 PM

275 posts, read 655,963 times
Or take the LIRR to Jamaica Station and ride the AirTrain shuttle direct to the airport!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 AM

4 posts, read 16,700 times
There are two options from hamptons to Jfk airport in New York. First one is by Car. Depends where you are in hampons (west, east or Bays) let's say you are in Easthampton and the season summer. (there is big different between Summer time and a winter in commute ( It takes 1 hour and 55 minutes without any traffic at all it is around 92 miles from Easthampton to jfk. With Traffic it will three in a half hours. You will take Montauk highway West to Sunrise highway west to Southern Parkway west to Belt Parkway west you will see the sign on the right it says Jfk Airport (jfk expressway) . And Parking in Jfk airport could be very expensive daily rates. I personnall Call Car Service or Limousine service from Easthampton to Jfk airport. I used Asm Limousine and Town Car Services four months ago I paid 200 dolars for a nice and clean town car. You can call them at 1 631 703 1662 or check the rate at ASM Limousine & Shuttle Services ISLIP,JFK,LGA,EWR,HPN AIRPORTS . They can pick you up from jfk airport back to easthampton. I think Asm has two base one in hamtons and one in jfk airport.

Second way is the train. If you have a car you have to find closest (Lirr) Long Island Rail Road train station near by you location in your area. and Make Sure get a train schedule before you drive there some time it is hard to get a train in winter and certain hours. Like at night or very early hours. after you take train to jaimaca train station it will take around two hour you will take air tran to the jfk airport terminal like half an hour. if You have too many lagguages i will not advise you to do it. it can be nightmare. Good luck guys

Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 AM

12,462 posts, read 14,824,340 times
I hope the person who asked this 9 months ago wasn't waiting for your response.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:24 AM

2,666 posts, read 6,636,965 times
Yeah !! hope they got to JFK.... I heard there is a helicopter option too, what the heck... the OP did not specify a $$$ limit right ?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 AM

11,114 posts, read 14,992,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Yeah !! hope they got to JFK.... I heard there is a helicopter option too, what the heck... the OP did not specify a $$$ limit right ?
Lol, I tried to rep this, but it wouldn't let me...I have to spread it around, lol. Guess I am greedy with my repping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island