Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 PM

73 posts, read 110,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Don't forget to pick up prophylactics before your next date. Heaven forbid you wind up a father.

Amen! I'm really not in the mood to pay for an abortion or push anyone down a flight of stairs.

(yes, I'm kidding. Something tells me some of the uptight people here are still going to **** and moan though)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM

67 posts, read 308,322 times
Damn, so I'm not the sexy stud they said I was?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM

64 posts, read 253,293 times
As a former model who worked here and abroad I can tell you that no legitimate agency charges. They do take a percentage out of what a model earns, but they never charge for pictures ----- because they do not take pictures. They send models to photographers for test shot "go sees". If the photographer likes the models looks, an appointment is made to take pictures and the model is given a few shots for free afterwards to put in their "portfolio". Both benefit. The model gets free pictures and the photographer gets to try out different lighting and camera settings that might work for an upcoming paying job.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 AM

73 posts, read 110,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny H View Post
As a former model who worked here and abroad I can tell you that no legitimate agency charges. They do take a percentage out of what a model earns, but they never charge for pictures ----- because they do not take pictures. They send models to photographers for test shot "go sees". If the photographer likes the models looks, an appointment is made to take pictures and the model is given a few shots for free afterwards to put in their "portfolio". Both benefit. The model gets free pictures and the photographer gets to try out different lighting and camera settings that might work for an upcoming paying job.

Lies! LIES I TELL YOU!!!

/sarcasm

Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM

16,671 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Some people can't seem to accept that there are people out there earning from modeling.

Sunny H seems to be making a legitimate claim, why the antagonism?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Some people can't seem to accept that there are people out there earning from modeling.

Sunny H seems to be making a legitimate claim, why the antagonism?
The poster after Sunny was **joking** as you can see at the end of the post where he puts "/sarcasm".....

Sunny is absolutely right.... no modeling agency charges you for pictures -- your agency takes 10-20% of your gross earnings and that's it. No legit agency offers "classes" either.

It's such a shame that some people refuse to see this and will defend these places to the ends of the earth.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: