Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Every time that commercial came on and he said "ALL NY sports team in HD free" I wanted to throw something at the TV... He fails to mention that if all 3 hockey teams are playing on the same night (which happens fairly often), they always bump the Islanders to the "guide channel" in NON HD. Such BS.
Even more important, Fios doesn't have all the teams in HD BECAUSE CABLEVISION OWNS the Rangers and Knicks and won't LET FIOS have them in HD.

Talk about dishonest low-lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 06:15 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
My contract was up last last month, and the cable sharks came a callin'
I gotta tell ya, financially they were offering me a pretty good deal to come back, but I still think I'm getting much more for only a little bit more money, and like many people also agree, the quality of the features and picture totally blow cable away.
I don't know who they think they're foolin with the Fios bashing commercials, because it just aint true. Fios is superior in every way. Fios should slap them with a lawsuit for slander.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM

29 posts, read 107,460 times
Default Billing

While I agree that there product blows cabel away I can tell you there billing sucks. I just made my 4th call to try and get it straightend out and this is only my second month. I was ready to eat the termination fee and have it ripped out. I think today it was finally straightend out. Too many fees and credits.
Al

Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,831,761 times
Yeah, the billing is a little tricky at first. Or, confusing I guess would be a better word. They do whack you with a few upfront fees for installation/activation etc, and then spread those fees out over the course of a few months. When you look at this stuff on the bill you're scratching your head trying to figure it out, because you see charges, then credits and all that kinda crap.
Once you get past the first few months, your basic bill should be consistant, unless you order movies and other crap like that. I've had no billing problems.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,382 times
I just signed up and they are coming on Monday to install. I went with the highest package for $129/month for phone/TV/Internet and figure I will see where it goes from there with an additional $30 off for the first 6 months and a $200 Amex gift card coming after install. Free install and set up with a DVR box and 5 TV's total I am probably going to be paying a little more than I am now with Cable Silver package but get a ton more channels. Bye bye Dolans!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:03 PM

347 posts, read 1,351,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And how much are their advertising campaigns bashing Verizon costing? I have to pay full price for their service so they can bribe people to come back at $70, and to pay Mr. 5 O'Clock Shadow guy to stand in front of white background and tell me that Verizon sucks. I CANNOT WAIT until Fios is available where I live.
I can't stand that guy in the commercial! What a joke!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island