Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:12 PM

29 posts, read 81,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
well, this crime didn't occur IN Valley Stream, lol. Tracking the crimes of VS residents once they leave home is too much to ask for anyone! (j/k)

Anyway, the Valley Stream arguments are always amusing...even more so when they take place on the same day a home invasion occurs.

Home invasion leads to frantic manhunt -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-lihome0305,0,4694472.story - broken link)
Alarmist headline and then Newsday refers to them as "burglars" in the story. I wanna know what color the burglars and their victim(s) were. Then I will know if I should give them a pass or not. Hey Newsday, pics please!

See in Valley Stream this guy has so much money and good stuff that the burglars are DYING to get in his place! I wonder what attracted the burglars to this particular victim's house? Often these "home invasion" things are INSIDE JOBS because the burglars KNOW info about their victim and KNOW there is good stuff to get. How much you wanna bet the Valley Stream victim/homeowner owns a business and the burglars will turn out to be bitter ex-employees from Rocky Point! Hey, crookhaven, what were you doing in the middle of the night on Wednesday? I hope you have an alibi ...

Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM

61 posts, read 152,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Have_Your_Wallet View Post
Anybody who reads your posts knows that you are a middle aged and single female, you work for the LIRR, you moved back home from a ghetto area to live with your dad to save to buy a house, that a program for the disadvantaged is assisting you in buying said house, and that you are buying said house in Huntington. Transparent much? And yes, you are a racist.
there are no programs assisting me and I do not live with my dad. Once again, I am not a racist and I did not live in a ghetto. You really are way off base.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Hey come on now, there's no reason to call Rocky Point "ramshackle" and drop those other insults. That is misleading as well, it doesn't seem like a bad place to live. Then again, I'm not nearly as familiar with it as I am with Valley Stream/Nassau County....but even these statistics don't paint it in that light.

I understand you are frustrated with Crooks but he at least admitted his mistake (after a ton of convincing LOL), but give the guy a break! Nobody is perfect!
Thanks Sean,

Going a little hard on Crooks wouldn't ya say?

Ramshackle my arse.
Mastic-shirley is a bit of a stretch too...no?

It sounds to me like you havent been here in a long long time.
I'm not going to be defensive.I know what I have here and Im proud to call RP home.

Astoundingly there's been no mention of the Media in this, so I guess well just accept the spin as "fact".

Crooks

Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM

29 posts, read 81,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railmomma View Post
there are no programs assisting me and I do not live with my dad. Once again, I am not a racist and I did not live in a ghetto. You really are way off base.
You said:

"I just bought my 1st house and I am turning 38. There are a lot of programs that may be able to help you (LIHP) and also different grants through Suffolk and Nassau."

How would you know all about them then?

"No, I did not live in the posh sections of the city, at one time I was the only white person in my building and I lived between 2 nudie bars in an area full of rats"

So that's not a ghetto area? Then what would YOU call it?

"Hello people, I am looking to move from Valley Stream to Huntington In about a month. Can anyone suggest a good moving company at a good rate"

Huntington is not a figment of my imagination.

"I understand how you feel, I would rather be working trains that go 100 mph."

LIRR worker.

"Trust me when I say that there is much crime and incidences that are covered up or not reported. Yes, sometimes it happens to be white folk, but the majority of the time it is from minorities."

Not racist. Not at all.

"I lived in VS most of my life, but then lived in Brooklyn and Queens for 11 years and now I've been back in VS for the past 7 years and I do believe that that is why the changes are way more apparent to me than they are to you. Believe me, I don't live in fear living here, but I fear for my 76 yr old father who used to like to ride his bike in Hendrickson."

Since you hate VS so much, why return to it and stay 7 years if not for free rent from good old dad? And how to repay him? Trash Valley Stream so that when he finally tries to sell his house he may get less thanks to your efforts. Nice daughter. Now go cry to get this thread shut down like you did the other one you had such a big mouth on. Just another wimp with a nasty yap. No wonder you're alone.

PS: Stop sending me whiny DMs. I will leave you alone when you back off and shut your yap.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:17 PM

61 posts, read 152,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Have_Your_Wallet View Post
You said:

"I just bought my 1st house and I am turning 38. There are a lot of programs that may be able to help you (LIHP) and also different grants through Suffolk and Nassau."

How would you know all about them then?

"No, I did not live in the posh sections of the city, at one time I was the only white person in my building and I lived between 2 nudie bars in an area full of rats"

So that's not a ghetto area? Then what would YOU call it?

"Hello people, I am looking to move from Valley Stream to Huntington In about a month. Can anyone suggest a good moving company at a good rate"

Huntington is not a figment of my imagination.

"I understand how you feel, I would rather be working trains that go 100 mph."

LIRR worker.

"Trust me when I say that there is much crime and incidences that are covered up or not reported. Yes, sometimes it happens to be white folk, but the majority of the time it is from minorities."

Not racist. Not at all.

"I lived in VS most of my life, but then lived in Brooklyn and Queens for 11 years and now I've been back in VS for the past 7 years and I do believe that that is why the changes are way more apparent to me than they are to you. Believe me, I don't live in fear living here, but I fear for my 76 yr old father who used to like to ride his bike in Hendrickson."

Since you hate VS so much, why return to it and stay 7 years if not for free rent from good old dad? And how to repay him? Trash Valley Stream so that when he finally tries to sell his house he may get less thanks to your efforts. Nice daughter. Now go cry to get this thread shut down like you did the other one you had such a big mouth on. Just another wimp with a nasty yap. No wonder you're alone.

BTW, I did not ask to get that thread shut down. What makes you think that you are the only one allowed to voice your opinions, name calling is obviously not beneath you is it. i was actually annoyed that the thread was locked since I wasn't able to refute some of the things that were said. In addition, who said that I am alone. Are you obssessed with me or something? I never truly trashed VS. I was only saying that many of the things that have been going on as of late, did not occur in previous decades. This actually disheartens me greatfully. I wanted residents to know that there is a lot going on and to really pay attention to where their kids are. Do you honestly think that it doesn't hurt me to know that that baby almost died from abuse?

What are the statistics regarding race and crime? Are you in denial? I would have no problem living next to a nice, decent black family as I do now. But why do you think they moved from that certain part of Brooklyn? Once they had the money they wanted to leave their dangerous neighborhood and wanted something better for their kids. The #1 crime occurrences are Black on Black crime. How could you refute this? This is a well known statistic. How does knowing that make me a racist?

Once again I don't live with my dad, but I worry about him. I moved nearby to be able to check in on him. I wish that he would move with me to the Town if Huntington BTW. Also, Do you call Long Island City a ghetto? The rats were not in my apartment btw, they were on the street like any city neighborhood. The rent was cheap and was an easy commute, I chose to live there,I was not destitute. Oh yeah, I know about the programs, because the Long Island Housing partnership is online, maybe you too surf the net sometimes? maybe you can get in on an anger management program online? Good Luck

Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I am temporarily closing this thread . It really has gotten unkind and distasteful . DM me if you have any questions.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island