Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:09 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
HEYYYYY! Only 37! Be careful or i'll put you over my knee.

Sorry pal

Thats a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:24 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,174 times
My dad used to have a tee shirt from there, that insane yellow. It was awesome. My Father and I almost cryed when mom finally threw it out.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM

177 posts, read 892,940 times
How about Jim McCann from 1-800Flowers? I worked in the corporate offices for a few years, in the PR / Advertising department. It was truly horrifying that no matter what the commercial was, Jim HAD to be in it in some way, shape or form. COULD NOT do a commercial without him in it.

Another odd one - Roberto Tirado, the old weatherman from News 12. He was a singer and would sell his CDs - he was a nice guy, but thought himself to be a lady killer!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTheCatRocks View Post
How about Jim McCann from 1-800Flowers? I worked in the corporate offices for a few years, in the PR / Advertising department. It was truly horrifying that no matter what the commercial was, Jim HAD to be in it in some way, shape or form. COULD NOT do a commercial without him in it.

Another odd one - Roberto Tirado, the old weatherman from News 12. He was a singer and would sell his CDs - he was a nice guy, but thought himself to be a lady killer!
Roberto Tirado, a singer ? Figures.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 AM

177 posts, read 892,940 times
Oh yeah. He had a CD of standards. Little creepy.

He came to my wedding, 10 years ago (he and I worked together). He brought his girlfriend, stayed for an hour or so, and didn't bring a gift. He was an odd bird!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,191 times
Quote:
Oh yeah. He had a CD of standards. Little creepy.

He came to my wedding, 10 years ago (he and I worked together). He brought his girlfriend, stayed for an hour or so, and didn't bring a gift. He was an odd bird!
To say the least !

Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM

3 posts, read 8,453 times
Default I like Roberto Tirado

Quote:

I've known Roberto Tirado for over 25 years! He is truly one of the nicest, friendliest people I've ever known. I met him back in 1980 after
I wrote him a gushing fan letter. We went out had a drink together and our kiss goodnight wound up in a long make-out session in front of the Daily News Building. To this day it was the BEST kiss of my life. We've remained friends ever since.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgal View Post
I've known Roberto Tirado for over 25 years! He is truly one of the nicest, friendliest people I've ever known. I met him back in 1980 after
I wrote him a gushing fan letter. We went out had a drink together and our kiss goodnight wound up in a long make-out session in front of the Daily News Building. To this day it was the BEST kiss of my life. We've remained friends ever since.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgal View Post

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:24 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
In addition to the Brothers 3 pools people there's also 2 Brothers Scrap Metal.

2 Brothers Scrap Metal Commercial - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island