Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times

Advertisements

This has always been a pet peeve of mine - Lazy people that don't clear the snow off the top of their vehicle, so when I'm behind them I'm getting hit with a mini-blizzard! I was behind such an idiot on the way to work this morning on a two lane road. All I could do was hang back from the blizzard maker and **** off the guys behind me until I was able to turn off onto another road.

There is NO excuse for non-commercial vehicles. If you can't clear it off - then you shouldn't be driving it. I'm 5' nothing and drive an SUV and I clear off my vehicle before leaving my home or business. They make brushes that extend and retract, so you can store them in the car and they can extend to reach the top of the truck/car/suv. I have 3, just in case one doesn't work or gets clogged with snow.

I really hate the people that clean the little circle with their arm on the drivers side window and proceed to drive off like that while the rest of the vehicle is covered in snow. These people should be ticketed and neutered!

I wish there were a law on this. The police could pay for a few salaries by stopping these people after snowstorms.

Ahhh, I feel better now! LIAlley steps off soapbox...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
I agree that there should be a law about cleaning off your car, especially when you have big chunks of ice flying off the top of your SUV. Ridiculous.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM

432 posts, read 1,593,611 times
Worse yet if you have to brake fast the snow can slide off your roof onto your windshield and block your vision.
Happened to me, made for a very high pucker factor since the windsield wipers were not stong enough to push the snow off.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Now how would all the soccer moms be able to reach the top of their SUV's to remove the snow? They dont wash their own cars do you think they will actually clean the snow off when its 15 deg. out? I bet no!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 PM

187 posts, read 863,155 times
amen!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:42 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Now how would all the soccer moms be able to reach the top of their SUV's to remove the snow? They dont wash their own cars do you think they will actually clean the snow off when its 15 deg. out? I bet no!
Then they should not drive! I'm a height-challenged individual (I prefer that to 'short') and I manage to clear the snow off my SUV and my work truck! Driving is a privilege, NOT a right!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:13 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,538,613 times
I'm with you.....big pet peeve of mine......its dangerous!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
I saw someone behind me on my street today, their ENTIRE car encased in snow with a tiny clear spot to see out of. There was a foot of snow on top of this guys car. It takes 10 min tops to clear it off! I actually keep a broom outside and just use it to push all the snow off.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
I believe there actually is a law somehow connected to this...not that it is ever enforced though.

Yeah, the soccer moms wont even put gas in their own vehicles so why would they spend any amount of time outside clearing off their vehicle.
I understand that this is a dangerous task, heaven knows you could chip a nail or worse yet, your hair may get frizzy. Ouch!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:59 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
This has always been a pet peeve of mine - Lazy people that don't clear the snow off the top of their vehicle, so when I'm behind them I'm getting hit with a mini-blizzard! I was behind such an idiot on the way to work this morning on a two lane road. All I could do was hang back from the blizzard maker and **** off the guys behind me until I was able to turn off onto another road.

There is NO excuse for non-commercial vehicles. If you can't clear it off - then you shouldn't be driving it. I'm 5' nothing and drive an SUV and I clear off my vehicle before leaving my home or business. They make brushes that extend and retract, so you can store them in the car and they can extend to reach the top of the truck/car/suv. I have 3, just in case one doesn't work or gets clogged with snow.

I really hate the people that clean the little circle with their arm on the drivers side window and proceed to drive off like that while the rest of the vehicle is covered in snow. These people should be ticketed and neutered!

I wish there were a law on this. The police could pay for a few salaries by stopping these people after snowstorms.

Ahhh, I feel better now! LIAlley steps off soapbox...
I hope LIAlley steps off box and takes a fistful of valium. Neutered?? Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: