Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 PM

964 posts, read 2,453,603 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a trustworthy reasonable cleaner and/or gutter cleaning service near GC?

I've gotten quotes from maid service ladies for 20 dollars an hour. That seems excessive to me. I think they are upcharging me simply because its GC. Any help would be appreciated.

As for gutter cleaners, they seem even more ridiculous. They want to charge over 200 bucks to clean gutters on my home. Yes, it a tall home, but still..seems excessive.

If someone recommend people to me...feel free to post or PM me.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,600,693 times
$20/hour is a deal if they're licensed and bonded. I'm in Lindenhurst and just hired a service for that price. The last service I used was twice as expensive.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:11 PM

19,584 posts, read 20,406,499 times
You live in Garden City proper?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:22 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,100,706 times
Theyve bulit a really great little business in Rocky Point that now serves the whole Island

Welcome to Teresa's Family Cleaning Inc. (http://www.teresasfamilycleaning.com/index.html - broken link)

Best

Crooks

Old 03-15-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Theyve bulit a really great little business in Rocky Point that now serves the whole Island

Welcome to Teresa's Family Cleaning Inc. (http://www.teresasfamilycleaning.com/index.html - broken link)

Best

Crooks
How much do they charge?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How much do they charge?
I dont know but I assume they are reasonable based on their success.

crooks

Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 AM

964 posts, read 2,453,603 times
Yes, I live in GC proper. The $20 quote was from a cleaning lady that was on her own...no license or bond. She has cleaned for others in the neighborhood with no issues.

I don't know. Still seems like a lot. Will call Crooks place today and see what they say.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Yes, I live in GC proper. The $20 quote was from a cleaning lady that was on her own...no license or bond. She has cleaned for others in the neighborhood with no issues.

I don't know. Still seems like a lot. Will call Crooks place today and see what they say.
I wouldn't hire someone who was not licensed or bonded. Absolutely no way.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM

748 posts, read 2,876,849 times
I have cleaning service and its usually flat rate for the portion I want cleaned. 2 people come and clean the home in 2 hours every 2 weeks for 70$. I have had licensed people quote me 140$ flat for the same service, so I use these people who are reasonable. Per hour charge can be misleading. Cleaning service people can then take their time and charge you more.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:07 AM

Frequently Asked Questions | Teresa̢۪s Family Cleaning | Teresa's Family Cleaning | Long Island Home & Commercial CleaningMistakes to Avoid When Choosing a House Cleaning Service

Mistake #1: Choosing a cleaning service that is not a member of the Association of Residential Cleaning Services International. (ARCSI.org). ARCSI is the only National Professional Association of Owners of Residential Cleaning Services. Membership in this organization demonstrates a commitment to the ethical standards of ARCSI and the most professional services possible.

ARCSI members are dedicated to improving the standards of work and services in the home cleaning industry. By choosing an ARCSI member you are selecting a company that is dedicated to being the best in the nation.

Teresa Ward, owner of Teresa’s Family Cleaning, has been a member since ARCSI was founded in 2004. In 2007, she was elected to the ARCSI Board of Directors.

Mistake #2: Choosing a cleaning service based on the lowest price. Low price can present you with two problems:

1) Low price can be the bait that attracts your phone call, but once the cleaner gets into your home, she pressures you into added services and thus a higher price.

2) Extremely low prices tend to be offered by individual cleaners who may have no insurance, are not bonded, have not been screened for background checks and typically do not have funds to replace an item they damage in your home.

Mistake #3: Choosing a service that is not owner operated. Having the owner of the company involved increases accountability and ownership on the part of all employees.

Mistake #4: Choosing a cleaning service without asking if the company does personality testing or criminal background checks. The costly investment of personality testing and criminal background checks is only made by cleaning services that are serious about protecting their customers. Cleaning services that perform these forms of screening have a higher caliber of employees working in your home.

Mistake #5: Choosing a cleaning service that pays their cleaning technicians by commission. Ask whether the service pays its employees by the hour. It has been determined that you receive consistent, thorough cleanings when the cleaning technicians are paid an hourly wage.

Mistake #6: Choosing a cleaning service without being crystal clear about your expectations and determining that the service is comprehensive enough to meet all your needs. For example, ask these questions:

After the first cleaning, how often do you want to be cleaned on an ongoing basis?
Does the company offer the frequency or flexibility you desire? Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or the option to just call in for an appointment?
What equipment, supplies and cleaning solutions does the company provide?
If you are allergic to certain chemicals or if you have medical/health issues, does the company offer green cleaning chemicals?
Does the company offer guaranteed satisfaction?
Does the company offer other services, such as organizing, power washing, dry cleaning, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island