Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
it wasnt on seaford ave and sunrise, thats about a mile or 2 from where it actually was.
You're thinking of the other Seaford Avenue near the Massapequa preserve. I'm talking about the one right near the Wantagh LIRR station, where Sun Pontiac is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
You're thinking of the other Seaford Avenue near the Massapequa preserve. I'm talking about the one right near the Wantagh LIRR station, where Sun Pontiac is.

ah, I was unaware of a seaford ave in wantagh. my bad!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 PM

654 posts, read 2,120,527 times
I think we could use a few Amish People to hold up traffic on the L.I.E.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,393 times
FARMERS MARKET in Bethpage. Or was it Hicksville? The old merry-go-round. The booth that sold all the gag and novelty gifts. All around the top of the booth they displayed all of the halloween masks. When you first walked in, there was the fruits and vegetable market with the vendors barking out what they were selling and for how much. Saw dust on the floor. The candy booth. The meat market. I can smell the place now. My family would go every Friday night and walk the place. It was a trip. We used to go to the pet shop there and buy our baby chicks. Bring them home and keep them under heat lamps in the basement until the were a little bigger, and then transfered them to the coop out back. A few weeks later...Mm-Mm-Good!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 AM

5 posts, read 34,021 times
yeah unfortunatly things must change remember before cell phones? i think what brought alot of things to an end were the lawsuits sad indeed

Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,406 times
Actually, there was a Dairy Queen on Long Island, in Commack. It was just off the Expressway. This was back in the early 80's. I remember this because there was a group of us that would drive there from Medford to go get ice cream. It closed in the mid 80's.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 AM

294 posts, read 743,708 times
Gerry Cosby's sporting goods store in Westbury!! Stop in for a hockey stick after you broke one, get your skates sharpened, or just hang out and browse the hockey jerseys and talk shop with the workers.

The flea markets at the drive-in theaters.

Nunley's amusement park.

BEING ABLE TO SKATE ON THE PONDS IN WINTER WITHOUT BEING CHASED OFF BY COPS!!!!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:33 PM

40 posts, read 124,677 times
The Drive in theatre at Green Acres Mall where the awful sunrise mutliplex is now and the Green Acres Bowling Alley where Sears now sits! Both places were fun to go as a kid.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:08 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
The Flea Market by the Bull in smithtown!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
Gerry Cosby's sporting goods store in Westbury!! Stop in for a hockey stick after you broke one, get your skates sharpened, or just hang out and browse the hockey jerseys and talk shop with the workers.

The flea markets at the drive-in theaters.

Nunley's amusement park.

BEING ABLE TO SKATE ON THE PONDS IN WINTER WITHOUT BEING CHASED OFF BY COPS!!!!
Don't forget the Roosevelt Raceway Flea Market.

Ice skating is permitted on Setauket Mill Pond when there's been a substantial amount of ice formed. It doesn't happen every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island