Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:53 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,579,842 times

Advertisements

I have been watching with fascination all the Tea Parties being organized across the nation lately and I am wondering if any are planned on Long Island. Does anyone have information on this?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:06 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,140,822 times
I think this is the national tea party web site.
Tax Day Tea Party

Old 04-04-2009, 05:53 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,757 times
Default No...because many of us aren't Nazis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
I have been watching with fascination all the Tea Parties being organized across the nation lately and I am wondering if any are planned on Long Island. Does anyone have information on this?
I believe we have representation, and that during the execution of war we should pay taxes.

You disagree?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:21 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times
oh, when I saw the heading , I was going to tell you about the delightful tea parties that they have at Bayard Cutting Arboretum. I guess that's not what you meant.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I believe we have representation, and that during the execution of war we should pay taxes.

You disagree?
keep it up, I'm proud of you.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:33 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times
There was one in Northport yesterday according to an article I saw in Newsday this morning. About 300 people attended ... a surprisingly high amount for Long Island.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:47 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,461 times
A right wing organization by the name of Freedomworks planned out these BS tea parties ahead of time, then got Rick Santelli to rant/promote them on TV. But they got caught and their donors were revealed. (It's also funny that Rick Santelli was one of the idiots pushing these hedge funds that are tanking right now and need to be "bailed out." No one ever mentions THAT.)

Look around, our infrastructure is falling apart - highways in disrepair, health care becoming a tangled mess, and our government dilly-dallied and let big business take advantage of the low and middle class. Someone's going have to pay up. God forbid the rich have their PERSONAL income taxes raised to even Reagan era levels. But seriously, have fun with these "revolutionary protests" designed to curry towards favoring of policies that would directly benefit the wealthy and continue to demonize the lower class as being lazy, worthless and responsible for the financial mess. These tea parties are just going to screw over the people who ACTUALLY need the help.

But I don't expect this to change, practically the entire Republican party and 95% of the Democratic party are in bed with these pillagers and looters. And the third parties are loons.

Last edited by RoleModel; 04-04-2009 at 04:55 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
A right wing organization by the name of Freedomworks planned out these BS tea parties ahead of time, then got Rick Santelli to rant/promote them on TV. But they got caught and their donors were revealed. (It's also funny that Rick Santelli was one of the idiots pushing these hedge funds that are tanking right now and need to be "bailed out." No one ever mentions THAT.)

Look around, our infrastructure is falling apart - highways in disrepair, health care becoming a tangled mess, and our government dilly-dallied and let big business take advantage of the low and middle class. Someone's going have to pay up. God forbid the rich have their PERSONAL income taxes raised to even Reagan era levels. But seriously, have fun with these "revolutionary protests" designed to curry towards favoring of policies that would directly benefit the wealthy and continue to demonize the lower class as being lazy, worthless and responsible for the financial mess. These tea parties are just going to screw over the people who ACTUALLY need the help.

But I don't expect this to change, practically the entire Republican party and 95% of the Democratic party are in bed with these pillagers and looters. And the third parties are loons.
I'm not about to get into a political debate but the people of the United States of America have a right to protest what they see as a waste of taxpayer dollars that will equate into the largest deficit spending in the history of our country. Voicing ones opinions is one of the cornerstones of our country and you have to admit that in todays environment of unemployment, record recession, and political corruption people have every right to voice their displeasure. It isn't about Not paying taxes it seems to be about over taxation and the debt our future children will be paying. More power to them , hopefully they will be able to have their message received.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,461 times
Quote:
I'm not about to get into a political debate but the people of the United States of America have a right to protest what they see as a waste of taxpayer dollars that will equate into the largest deficit spending in the history of our country. Voicing ones opinions is one of the cornerstones of our country and you have to admit that in todays environment of unemployment, record recession, and political corruption people have every right to voice their displeasure. It isn't about Not paying taxes it seems to be about over taxation and the debt our future children will be paying. More power to them , hopefully they will be able to have their message received.
Of course you have the right to protest, but stop pretending it's a grassroots protest when it's actually carefully crafted Republican propaganda that does zilch for the real problems.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,757 times
Default They sure do!

Quote:
Passengers on the Titanic had a right to complain about the freshness of the roles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island