Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:13 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,158,192 times

Advertisements

O'conee is good after 2 am...its the only time you can get a seat in that darn place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
The New Forum Diner in Bay Shore is not bad. The Oconee Diner in Islip is a little to crazed for my tastes, there must be 50 televisions, along with animated pictures, ect. Poppy's in Islip is good, at least it was the last time I ate there. Glen's in Babylon has great ambiance, and good food as well. Not really a diner, but some of the best diner type food can be had at Maureen's Kitchen, on Terry Rd in Smithtown. Be prepared to wait, but worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
No Way!!! Heritage I wouldn't even put in top 3 of that local area. I'd put Seaport,Metropolis,and Coram Pond before Heritage and that's not even including the Rocky Point diner which I haven't visited in years.I don't think the foot at the Heritage is that great,portions are okay at best,and everything costs extra.
Seaport is the go-to over in that area for my family.

I've really not seen much difference in diners....little things. Fresh vs. frozen gyro meat..I think Rocky Point used to have the real thing, that was nice.

Overall, diners are like a franchise chain in that so much of what they do is the same.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 PM

19 posts, read 45,401 times
Lake Grove Diner is pretty good I think..

Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,141,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Matzoh ball soup at a diner---why would you even do that? If you're going to do that at least go to Ben's Deli.It's like going to Pizza Hut for Pizza instead of Colisseo's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I didnt know Matoh Ball soup was prerequisite.

Most dont.

Go to Zahns.

Yum

Crooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
LOL agreed.
Well-try telling that to my 13 year old who only wants matzah ball soup when we go to a diner~lol.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:20 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Well-try telling that to my 13 year old who only wants matzah ball soup when we go to a diner~lol.
Damn, i'd rather make my own.The mix tastes much better.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM

75 posts, read 312,501 times
Metropolis in Medford - really?

We ate there when we first moved to Patchogue, 3 years ago and had a really bad meal. It seemed dirty too.

I guess we'll have to give it another shot.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty__Quinn View Post
Metropolis in Medford - really?

We ate there when we first moved to Patchogue, 3 years ago and had a really bad meal. It seemed dirty too.

I guess we'll have to give it another shot.
I think you should give it another shot. Your the only person i have heard say this.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
Ben's is closed down now, it's now Bobby Flay's Burger Palace. I have yet to try it myself but all the reviews I read said it was just ok. I always thought the building Ben's was in at the mall was way too big - the rent must have been incredibly expensive. I have gone to Zan's a few times (replaced Ben's over by Trader Joe's) and I think it's overpriced for what you get.
bobby flays is ehhh.. the burgers are like $8, and thats ALONE, no fries or drink included.. and they arent even big burgers. thats the thing that really got me. they had pretty cool combinations, but then when i saw the burger i was pretty disappointed. much rather go to fridays/applebees/etc or a diner and get a much bigger burger AND fries for the $8. american roadside burgers in smithtown is compareable to bobby flays, but a bit cheaper

Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 AM

19 posts, read 45,401 times
Did someone say Colisseo's pizza? OH I love that pizza...love it.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:14 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJN7 View Post
Did someone say Colisseo's pizza? OH I love that pizza...love it.
The best in that area by far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island