Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM

14 posts, read 98,286 times

Advertisements

Pine trees,good idea,..........cause i was thinking,damn i know my fence cant go higher, OK now where and how much are these trees,.......or maybe a pit bull that likes to chase things that go back and forth.LOL

It is almost a train track sound,then they fall.. you hear all of that !!!!,it is starting to get annoying .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM

187 posts, read 863,155 times
Bamboo might be cheaper....

Or you can move to Utah:

http://www.slvhealth.org/eh/pdf/rg/Reg21.pdf

4.5.21. Sporting Ramps. No person shall build or use nor shall any person cause, allow, or permit anyone to build or allow anyone to use any skateboard, roller blade, bicycle, or snowboard ramp or half-pipe or similar configuration within 800 feet of a dwelling, except within facilities that have been designated for such use by government entity.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 PM

406 posts, read 1,450,532 times
You have my sympathy. Bad neighbors can ruin your life. I had a 35 year old wanna be rock star living across the street when I lived in a nice area of Islip. Those morons would "practice" for hours at a time.Polite requests to close the window were answered with "why don't you close yours?" Calling the cops grows old, sometimes they show up but sometimes they don't. Don't listen to those who seem to think that these turkeys have the right to ruin your peace and quiet. Their right to do as they please on their property ends when it detracts from your enjoyment of your property. As the saying goes, Your right to throw a punch ends just before your fist meets my nose. I solved my problem by moving far away, with no neighbors in sight. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 PM

187 posts, read 863,155 times
Also maybe it might fall under the category of Accessory Structure. Here. this is from CT, but perhaps you can check with the town and see if something similar applies:

http://www.ci.norwalk.ca.us/pdf/agen...p%20appeal.pdf

Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 PM

103 posts, read 377,680 times
I remember hearing that you are only allowed to build on a certain percentage of a residential lot. I'm not sure what that percentage might be, or even if that's true, but it might be worth looking into if you decide to get the town involved. They would almost definitely need a permit for a structure that large, so the town might deny them a permit if they built up too much of their land.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:18 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeowner1972 View Post
to kenny guido
why do you think it's not legal.... maybe if i had some terms to use,it would help when i call again.
it seems they have no rules or regulations on this.....they have an idea what it is,but that is as far as it goes. I really dont think they understand how LARGE it is and how close to my property.
a structure of that size requires a PERMIT. Im really surprised that the town didnt jump on it as soon as they heard it. If its stationary, it is more of a reason to get one.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 AM

14 posts, read 98,286 times
wow!!!!...... utah has these rules,it has to be the same here! I never thought to check under the noise regulations,hmmm

and it really isnt in there back yard it is in the side almost front yard.so even worse for them legally.

thank you so much for everyone's help. I did sleep better last nite,knowing i might have a case against them.

p.s.... love this forum very informative, I think I will stay.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,507,335 times
Man you should just go bust a wicked ollie on that ramp, do a keg stand and call it a day!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,434 times
so can these kids on wheels also fall off of this ramp and break their neck on your property then? that sounds like some serious litigation coming your way.

maybe create a liability waiver on your behalf for accidents happening on your land from this elevated roadway and make all the parents whose kids use it, sign it.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,094 times
A few weeks ago there was a long winded thread about kids "Illegally" skating in a park in Nassau. Now they can't skate on their own property.
You people complain about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island