Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM

4 posts, read 5,129 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised on LI. Lived in Ronkonkama and Bohemia. I am living in MI now and it is such a horrible place to live. I miss home. I want to move back. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to go about finding a place to rent there besides Craigslist (I only go weird-o answers from that). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to come home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 AM

407 posts, read 966,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo~Worm View Post
I was born and raised on LI. Lived in Ronkonkama and Bohemia. I am living in MI now and it is such a horrible place to live. I miss home. I want to move back. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to go about finding a place to rent there besides Craigslist (I only go weird-o answers from that). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to come home!
Not free (well maybe some time the landlord pays), but your best bet is still probably a RE agent in the area you are interested in.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 AM

330 posts, read 888,071 times
I have lived in three different apartments and found them all on craigslist. The landlords were fine and I had a good experience. I would say keep trying. You can also look to find complexes like fairfield properties that often have openings.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,220 times
Try a google search for "Long Island- home rentals" and see what you get. Or search the specific area that same way if you already know where you'd like to park it. MLSLI.com also has a rental section to click on. You could take a look on that website. Good luck! I'm in Florida and I want to come "home" to LI, too.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 AM

4 posts, read 5,129 times
Thank you guys

Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Between MLSLI.com and craigslist, you'll find most available rentals .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island