Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 PM

13,507 posts, read 17,007,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
Fine - I'd trade places with a billionaire knowing what I know now. Your desire to earn as much doesn't mean they should paid as they are.

What are the reasons to reduce their pay, and how do we know that doing so wouldn't harm the quality of the education???

Support these assertions.

Middle class people, you are eating your own! Your neighbor is doing well and you want them to get paid less. Blame the bastards you work for for not paying you better! GDP has grown exponentially in the last 30 years, but working class pay has flatlined. WHY? Because rich folks are competing to see who can build the biggest boat. You cheer on the rich when they are on TV, and ***** about the neighbor when she earns too much.

WTF?
Very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 01:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,258,043 times
Default You are the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubaFish View Post
You could put any ******* in front of an LI classroom and the kids would turn out basically the same.

Do I have ideas that could potentially free LI from the un-necessary and outrageous tax burden placed upon us by the teachers that are living high on the governmental hog? You Betcha
Finally, a young conservative who knows what he is talking about! Dude, you are the absolute best! Let's cut that governmental hog money, why don't we, all the while SUPPORTING the obscene bonuses given out to executives who are costing the taxpayers billions in bailout money (as you did in another thread)!!!

I have an idea for you! Instead of simply lowering teachers' wages on Long Island and then letting them either quit and be replaced by lower-cost labor or just suck it up, why not fire them and replace them with a totally different workforce that isn't even subject to minimum wage?

I say let's fire the teachers, principals and administrators and close the schools and simply bus the kids to JAIL! Since it doesn't matter WHO teaches them, why not inmates? We can get away with paying cents on the hour to inmates or maybe even less! I watched a show about women in prison last night and one murderess makes a grand total of $1.00 per day doing laundry and her job is coveted in jail because all the others pay $0.40 per day! How cheap could we get teachers in Nassau or Suffolk County Jails? $5.00 a day would be a windfall for the inmates and a major savings for the taxpayer.

PS: When you're done being a bigshot investment banker (if you actually get to be one as you think you will after college graduation), why don't you run for local office? I will certainly vote for you!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM

852 posts, read 2,014,978 times
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Finally, a young conservative who knows what he is talking about! Dude, you are the absolute best! Let's cut that governmental hog money, why don't we, all the while SUPPORTING the obscene bonuses given out to executives who are costing the taxpayers billions in bailout money (as you did in another thread)!!!

I have an idea for you! Instead of simply lowering teachers' wages on Long Island and then letting them either quit and be replaced by lower-cost labor or just suck it up, why not fire them and replace them with a totally different workforce that isn't even subject to minimum wage?

I say let's fire the teachers, principals and administrators and close the schools and simply bus the kids to JAIL! Since it doesn't matter WHO teaches them, why not inmates? We can get away with paying cents on the hour to inmates or maybe even less! I watched a show about women in prison last night and one murderess makes a grand total of $1.00 per day doing laundry and her job is coveted in jail because all the others pay $0.40 per day! How cheap could we get teachers in Nassau or Suffolk County Jails? $5.00 a day would be a windfall for the inmates and a major savings for the taxpayer.

PS: When you're done being a bigshot investment banker (if you actually get to be one as you think you will after college graduation), why don't you run for local office? I will certainly vote for you!
This population of teachers is already wasted, as they've grown accustomed to large salaries. The ultimate solution is to stick them on a train to a camp in Ronkonkoma - "Camp Hannity" - where they will staff a call center for United Airlines. When they get ill, we will just gas them, as paying to hospitalize them is much too costly. (Don't get me started on that - free market health care has been awesome for my stock portfolio, and the fewer of these wombed creatures that are treated, the better my dividend).

Then I think all the kids should be home-schooled. Then if the parents can't stay home to school them, then screw them. After all, we are all aware that children are only the problem of the parent. They never end up harming the community or anything like that. That's just sociological hogwash - "Clap-trap" as O'Reilly would put it.

Auction the schools off to private institutions and give a fat rebate back to the hard-working Americans who borrowed those funds from China.

I'm not being facetious, but I seriously read on the National Review about a child who was trained to be a doctor by a rabbit turd. I'm serious. The boy pulled himself up by his bootstraps, learned anatomy, surgical procedures, bio-chem, everything from this turd. And the turd didn't cost any money at all - I suppose it took a little work from the bunny. Anyway, this is a good model for how our schools should operate. Would anyone disagree?

Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,746,679 times
Quote:
This population of teachers is already wasted, as they've grown accustomed to large salaries. The ultimate solution is to stick them on a train to a camp in Ronkonkoma - "Camp Hannity" - where they will staff a call center for United Airlines. When they get ill, we will just gas them, as paying to hospitalize them is much too costly. (Don't get me started on that - free market health care has been awesome for my stock portfolio, and the fewer of these wombed creatures that are treated, the better my dividend).

Then I think all the kids should be home-schooled. Then if the parents can't stay home to school them, then screw them. After all, we are all aware that children are only the problem of the parent. They never end up harming the community or anything like that. That's just sociological hogwash - "Clap-trap" as O'Reilly would put it.

Auction the schools off to private institutions and give a fat rebate back to the hard-working Americans who borrowed those funds from China.

I'm not being facetious, but I seriously read on the National Review about a child who was trained to be a doctor by a rabbit turd. I'm serious. The boy pulled himself up by his bootstraps, learned anatomy, surgical procedures, bio-chem, everything from this turd. And the turd didn't cost any money at all - I suppose it took a little work from the bunny. Anyway, this is a good model for how our schools should operate. Would anyone disagree?
And, we should eat the poor?

Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM

1,010 posts, read 3,926,281 times
Absolutely. Think of all the farm subsidies we'd save.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Great idea and take it a step further so we can MAKE MONEY off the deal! Once we gas them, we can ship the bodies to the newly-created "Ed Gein Memorial Tannery" and create useful objects from their bodies such as furniture, lampshades and decorative wall masks.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM

76 posts, read 179,258 times
Gee, I_LOVE_LI_BUT, why don't you tell me how you really feel? HaHa

Quote:
I say let's fire the teachers, principals and administrators and close the schools
Actually this is not as bad of an idea as you might imagine. By ending public education, everybody can save a few tax dollars. Those who care enough and have the money will pay private tutors to educate their children. Those without the money (or desire) will not educate their children. The educated children will get good jobs, the uneducated will work for peanuts. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Poor slobs. It's a good thing we have a HIGHLY paid police force that will protect the rich and industrious from the inevitably violent, poor proletariat.

Quote:
Aww shucks, I didn't know you liked me so much. You know what's funny, though. Under this scenario, I would not only have my hands in your 401K, but also in that fat check you cut to Uncle Sam each year. I think I'll take the Job!!!

Ron Paul 2012, WooHoo!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Ron Paul 2012, WooHoo!!!!
I think he's too liberal for you to support!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Actually this is not as bad of an idea as you might imagine. By ending public education, everybody can save a few tax dollars. Those who care enough and have the money will pay private tutors to educate their children. Those without the money (or desire) will not educate their children. The educated children will get good jobs, the uneducated will work for peanuts. The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Poor slobs. It's a good thing we have a HIGHLY paid police force that will protect the rich and industrious from the inevitably violent, poor proletariat.
That's how they do it in places like Brazil and India! Middle class? We don't need no stinkin' middle class! (Okay maybe just a bunch of people who are a slightly higher class peasant we call the "middle class" to look good to the rest of the world, but who still live in slums with no electricity or continuous running water anyway.) As for police force, nah we gotta cut their salaries too, so we hire our own armed guards and we don't shop in town and drive cars because the peasants might kidnap us. But that doesn't matter because we travel in our private helicopters back and forth to our estates and beach houses and take our helicopters to the airport so we can shop in Paris instead.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:47 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,594,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
And, we should eat the poor?
Shades of Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"!

A Modest Proposal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island