Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:27 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times

Advertisements

Talk about sand in the vaseline.

The North Shore Sun

Ouch!

I'm so glad we chose Rocky Point Schools, SWR was on our short list way back when...we'd be taxed out of our homes at 27%.

I feel bad for them. I know there's some working class folks and seniors in the Leisure communities south of 25a struggling right now.
Thats awful.

I think the board really let them down.

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 04-24-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
WOW, what a bunch of bulls&%t. WTF is going on? A tax increase in a dep.. er recession? Maybe everyone in the district should refuse to pay taxes. What would happen then? Things are way out of control. Where the F is the money going?????????????????

Old 04-24-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
WOW, what a bunch of bulls&%t. WTF is going on? A tax increase in a dep.. er recession? Maybe everyone in the district should refuse to pay taxes. What would happen then? Things are way out of control. Where the F is the money going?????????????????

I think theyve been trying to play catch up with the LIPA Nuclear Power Plant fiasco.

Apparently there's no free lunch.

Crooks

Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
they should have fired that nuke plant up. We would have cheap e/l right now. i honestly believe nuke power is in our future.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,218 times
Quote:
You know why it's going to happen? Because people are like cattle. No one is going to stand up to it. No one is going to demand accountability for it. I guarantee they are just as corrupt and irresponsible as every other district and because of it more families will be driven financially over the edge. It's time to wake up people and request a full audit of where your money is going. Aren't you tired of hearing that if you don't pay up the children will suffer?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
they should have fired that nuke plant up. We would have cheap e/l right now. i honestly believe nuke power is in our future.
After the bridge to CT.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
After the bridge to CT.
Heck...Let's just start with clean highways.

For our ridiculous tax rates and all the "This Highway Cleanup was Sponsored by (insert company who paid for advertisement)" can we get the damn garbage picked up off the highways?

No...ok, I'll go back to the cattle ranch.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:32 PM

718 posts, read 2,973,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
Heck...Let's just start with clean highways.

For our ridiculous tax rates and all the "This Highway Cleanup was Sponsored by (insert company who paid for advertisement)" can we get the damn garbage picked up off the highways?

No...ok, I'll go back to the cattle ranch.

I am in NC now(originally from LI) and it does my heart good when I drive down NC hwy's and see criminal chain gangs cleaning up the roadway garbage while they are watched by shotgun holding cops .

Old 04-25-2009, 06:49 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
I heard the homeowners there had been underpaying (A LOT) for decades on their property taxes because of the former LILCO/current LIPA picking up most of the schools tab with their property taxes in the area. Is this tax hike going to just bring homeowners there up to similar property tax levels of everyone else on LI or is it going to be truly catastrophic?

Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
If you think about it, since S-Wr has not had an increase in over 5 years its not all that much

the average tax increase across long island for the school districts is 5-7%....so it averages out to less than 5.3% increase over the years

JMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island