Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:12 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
So you allege.

*YAWN*

The Internet is making it very easy to find out the truth about just about anything and everything, so it's understandable why the medical cartel in this country is shaken up.

Knowledge is power.

And they no longer have the market cornered.

That's good news for ALL of us.
Don't be a buffoon. Vaccines do not cause autism. This claim was based on one (1) study, that was since discredited and shortly thereafter, retracted in full. It was later learned that the primary author had been paid nearly $700,000 to produce a study to support litigation against drug companies and the co-authors withdrew their names from the study, citing this previously-unknown conflict of interest and irregularities in the data. Numerous independent medical publications thereafter uncovered that the raw data showed materially different results than reported in the study and concluded that the author had engaged in rampant fraud. The author was thereafter stripped of his medical license. Countless studies by various governmental and non-governmental organizations have subsequently shown no correlation between Autism and vaccines.

Take some time to "empower" yourself before you spout commentary about things over which you obviously have no grasp. Once you realize that there is no scientific foundation to your position, consider yourself more empowered.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 13,195 times
Just curious, how do you get around being vaccinated for school aged children? Every school my children have ever attended has asked for a medical form filled out by the doctor and signed, along with their vaccination chart to show proof. Every time they are sick and brought to either their own pediatrician, or another after-hours place, I am asked if they are up-to-date with all vaccines. Never thought there was an option.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:04 AM

664 posts, read 807,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Don't be a buffoon. Vaccines do not cause autism.
Ah yes.

I'm reminded of a time when the "buffoons" were told that thalidomide did not cause birth defects.

Or that Vioxx and Celebrex were perfectly safe (so said the FDA!)

And that hydrogenated oil was actually "heart healthy".

And frontal lobotomies and electro-shock therapy "cured" mental illness.

Always, always, always the medical "experts" at any given date and time insist they know everything, and anyone questioning their wisdom is a "buffoon".

You do what you want to do, but I'll err on the side of caution, thank you. Just stay the hell out of my way.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:44 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Sometimes a bit of fudging is necessary to escape from being under the thumb of tyranny.
If you find living in this country to be such a "tyranny" then I suggest you find a map, pick a spot and relocate to that location.....

Old 01-23-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
If you find living in this country to be such a "tyranny" then I suggest you find a map, pick a spot and relocate to that location.....
OR ... FIGHT THE POWER ... and CHANGE IT ... which is how this country was built in the first place.

Which is what we're doing now.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
OR ... FIGHT THE POWER ... and CHANGE IT ... which is how this country was built in the first place.

Which is what we're doing now.
I'll look for your picture on the evening news. Go explore the quality of life in other locations and I think you'll realize that things aren't so bad here....

Old 01-23-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I'll look for your picture on the evening news. Go explore the quality of life in other locations and I think you'll realize that things aren't so bad here....
I never said they were.

Just keep your damn vaccinations to yourself.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:47 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Ah yes.

I'm reminded of a time when the "buffoons" were told that thalidomide did not cause birth defects.

Or that Vioxx and Celebrex were perfectly safe (so said the FDA!)

And that hydrogenated oil was actually "heart healthy".

And frontal lobotomies and electro-shock therapy "cured" mental illness.

Always, always, always the medical "experts" at any given date and time insist they know everything, and anyone questioning their wisdom is a "buffoon".

You do what you want to do, but I'll err on the side of caution, thank you. Just stay the hell out of my way.
Your argument is flawed because such a claim could be applied to virtually anything on Earth.

Vioxx was considered safe. But later it was discovered to be unsafe.
(Insert anything here) is currently considered safe, therefore later it will be discovered to be unsafe.

If you had a single shred of objective or scientific evidence to support your claim (other than your gut feeling), you would have a much stronger argument. As it stands now, you're arguing that the benefits of vaccines (indisputable immunity to potentially deadly diseases, which unquestionably saves hundreds of thousands of lives) is outweighed by their risks (as quantified by nothing more than your conjecture). Its a losing argument.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I never said they were.

Just keep your damn vaccinations to yourself.
Fine and when you are restricted from an activity or your children (if applicable) can't attend school or some other function don't cry to me it was your own damn choice....

Old 01-23-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Your argument is flawed because such a claim could be applied to virtually anything on Earth.

Vioxx was considered safe. But later it was discovered to be unsafe.
(Insert anything here) is currently considered safe, therefore later it will be discovered to be unsafe.

If you had a single shred of objective or scientific evidence to support your claim (other than your gut feeling), you would have a much stronger argument. As it stands now, you're arguing that the benefits of vaccines (indisputable immunity to potentially deadly diseases, which unquestionably saves hundreds of thousands of lives) is outweighed by their risks (as quantified by nothing more than your conjecture). Its a losing argument.
It's an "argument" I'm entitled to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island