Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a worse blight on Long Island and America
Illegal immigrants, employed or eagerly seeking employment 14 46.67%
Legal residents who are chronically unemployed but cared for by the state because of misrepresented disabilities 16 53.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I'd like to see some figures as to what welfare is paid out to illegal immigrant anchor baby parents, I seriously doubt the number is very high....at least not in NY.
I was curious too, so I searched and found this website that claims to have up to the minute numbers:

Go here Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources, Facts

and scroll down to see live numbers. For information on how they collect these numbers, click on "Counter Data Sources."

Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
I don't know why that works here. If you have a child in Germany while serving in the Military they will inform you that the child can return at the age of 18 and go to the university for free. Until then the child is considered a duel citizen but the family has to return to the staes.
That is the way it should be here ... that they have to wait until they are adults to claim any citizenship rights (plus DNA tests should be done too on infants so people aren't murdered later on so someone else can take their place).

The reason there is "citizenship just by virtue of being born on US soil" was to protect children born to former slaves as full citizens. It is being misused in the case of children who are born on US soil but not to US citizens. It was never meant for this purpose.

As for tuition, it is an outrage that ILLEGAL ALIENS can get in-state discount or FREE tuition in some states (just because they are squatting in that state illegally) while actually American citizens cannot.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I was curious too, so I searched and found this website that claims to have up to the minute numbers:

Go here Immigration Counters.com - Live Counters, News, Resources, Facts

and scroll down to see live numbers. For information on how they collect these numbers, click on "Counter Data Sources."
LOL, got anything from a slightly more neutral source?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:41 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,984 times
How about #3? The rich fat cats at the top that are bleeding the average person dry.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
LOL, got anything from a slightly more neutral source?
They claim to be the experts on the subject, while so many other more well-known organizations and media sources avoid the issue altogether.

Most of the sources they are pulling their data from are (or should be) neutral (government sites, etc.).

Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
How about #3? The rich fat cats at the top that are bleeding the average person dry.
Actually, that IS the major problem. And they love it when we squabble amongst ourselves and point fingers at welfare recipients and illegal aliens alike because it takes the heat off them.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
I don't know why that works here. If you have a child in Germany while serving in the Military they will inform you that the child can return at the age of 18 and go to the university for free. Until then the child is considered a duel citizen but the family has to return to the staes.
It would also exclude the child from involuntary service as Germany (as well as most European nations) still maintain conscription - shockingly. I am sure most would take attending even the worst US college/university over 3 years service in the Bundeswehr ...

Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It would also exclude the child from involuntary service as Germany (as well as most European nations) still maintain conscription - shockingly. I am sure most would take attending even the worst US college/university over 3 years service in the Bundeswehr ...
LOL, Yeah I think I would draw the line at my child serving in a foreign military.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
The choice is obvious, illegal aliens! I cant believe how many of you have problems with disabled people. Disabled people do not spread disease, loiter, urinate in the street, join gangs, commit crime, and live 30 to a house! illegals use ER's as doctor's offices, and the mothers who bring anchor babies here are always at places like C-Town using their EBT and WIC cards. And alot of that money goes south of the border. Alot of you just seem to like to pick on people who have difficulty with life, instead of picking on the real criminals. Reminds me of cops that give people tickets for wheels rolling at stop signs instead of going after the MS-13 gang bangers in our communities.
Shame on alot of you folks you are very ignorant.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM

544 posts, read 939,985 times
Quote:
With illegal immigrants, the state & federal government receives no income tax revenue on the wages end....however, they are still paying sales tax and contributing to the property taxes of whatever apartment/house they are renting. With the disability collector, there is no tax collection whatsoever...it's just a viscous cycle where every cent they spend (including living quarters) is entirely taxpayer funded. I can't see how the former is more costly at any government level than the latter. Even with healthcare, any ER is only going to take an illegal immigrant if it is an absolute emergency (like they cut their arms off and are bleeding to death). Much less of a burden than someone who doesn't have to pay for checkups and flu shots.

I'd like to see some figures as to what welfare is paid out to illegal immigrant anchor baby parents, I seriously doubt the number is very high....at least not in NY. I've known several illegals on LI and they're usually single males in their 20s or 30s, some make some money and go back home others eventually take the steps towards becoming citizens. I haven't seen many who come here to start a family and remain non-citizens.

In terms of respect, I have much more of it for anyone who works hard...I don't care if they were born in Tijuana or Oyster Bay Cove.
My mother was permanently disabled by MS. When she went to apply for Social Security Disability she was denied. She didn't have 40 quarters of work history. Meanwhile, she did was 'gender appropriate' at the period of time: women married, bore children, raised them and kept the home. Once we were old enough, she went back to work.

There are people collecting SSD payments whose spouses are employed. Those recipients are taxed on their SSD benefits come tax time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island