Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 08:57 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
CI has some nice and "normal" neighborhoods. It's not like the entire town is the ghetto or anything like that. For the most part, the garbage is confined to a few areas, but overall it leaves a black cloud hanging over CI, primarily because of it's influence on the school district. On LI, if the school district isn't top-notch, then the assumption is that the entire community sucks.
On that note, I wouldn't recommend CI on the list of places to settle down
A "few areas"? I have seen CI from the train and numerous bus routes. Its hard to call it lovely when most of it looks like a foreign country. There's one nice area I know toward Connetquot State Park.
They've also infested Islandia as well, just go to the Walmart there. Went in there once...never again! Looked like a Walmart in Mexico and its more expensive than other Walmarts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
They've also infested Islandia as well, just go to the Walmart there. Went in there once...never again! Looked like a Walmart in Mexico and its more expensive than other Walmarts.

Do you think ALL latin people are mexican??? While i will be the first person to agree CI is a dump, i just cant agree with your statement about it looking like Mexico. Where are latin people supposed to live? We all know you dont want them in your neighborhood. You sound like a racist.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 AM

518 posts, read 1,820,962 times
Quote:
Same thing is going on here in Westbury as well, though CI and Brentwood seem to have a much worse infestation. All the stores cater to them, its sickening! I guess these stores would rather have criminals shopping in their isles than law abiding citizens. Go figure.
hispanic community, hispanic owned businesses, nothing wrong with that.
Quote:
A "few areas"? I have seen CI from the train and numerous bus routes. Its hard to call it lovely when most of it looks like a foreign country. There's one nice area I know toward Connetquot State Park.
oh you've seen CI from the train? then u MUST have seen it all. oh and the walmart is right on the border of islandia and CI, and islandia is also part of CI school district. really, why dont u just move out to lancaster PA or something already since u obviously cant stand anyone with brown skin. the only thing wrong with that walmart, is the brown people in it (at least in your eyes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Do you think ALL latin people are mexican??? While i will be the first person to agree CI is a dump, i just cant agree with your statement about it looking like Mexico. Where are latin people supposed to live? We all know you dont want them in your neighborhood. You sound like a racist.
sounds like one? LOL i think its more than just sounding

Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Lancaster PA? is that where all the white folk are hidin' ???

Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 AM

518 posts, read 1,820,962 times
Quote:
i dunno but im sure they dont have the problems with "illegals" that john does here on LI

Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
sounds like one? LOL i think its more than just sounding

I was trying to be nice

Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
LMAO ... not in downtown Lancaster.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:10 AM

2 posts, read 9,310 times
Default Long Island Ducks

The area is fine. You see many people getting exercise by walking or jogging in the area. The area recently has two new beautiful communities where you can walk to the stadium. It is truly an upcoming area. Near by you should come and have one of Long Island's best burgers at Out of the Park Burgers just right up the road from the Ducks Stadium.

The Ducks has been there for now nine years and it one of the most afforndable way to entertain your family and enjoy really great baseball!!!

This is just one more reason why living in Central Islip is so great!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,336,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. TNJ View Post
The area is fine. You see many people getting exercise by walking or jogging in the area. The area recently has two new beautiful communities where you can walk to the stadium. It is truly an upcoming area. Near by you should come and have one of Long Island's best burgers at Out of the Park Burgers just right up the road from the Ducks Stadium.

The Ducks has been there for now nine years and it one of the most afforndable way to entertain your family and enjoy really great baseball!!!

This is just one more reason why living in Central Islip is so great!!!
You must be kidding !
I know the communities look nice from the outside. They were finished 2 years ago and 75% or more units are probably vacant (the one next to the golf course).
The area to the north of the golf course/Home Depot on carleton ave is scary and not that good, except for the other community that you must be talking about. County route 100 runs through Central Islip and its filled with car repair and furniture shops.
I would have said go to the Walmart, but thats no good because people from neighboring areas also shop there, so what you see there is really a much better crowd than Central Islip crowd ! Go to the laundromat in the intersection of carleton and county 100.... that should give you a good idea though.
Connetquot avenue is probably the best maintained place.
I do not know about other areas of Central islip so if you have kids who will go to school, please pass on it, else you can consider certain areas for sure.
Do you know the New Jersey Nets are relocating to Brooklyn.... only reason I'm saying is please do not consider the "Long Island Ducks" to be up in the list of "Why you should move to Central Islip".

Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
You must be kidding !
I know the communities look nice from the outside. They were finished 2 years ago and 75% or more units are probably vacant (the one next to the golf course).
The area to the north of the golf course/Home Depot on carleton ave is scary and not that good, except for the other community that you must be talking about. County route 100 runs through Central Islip and its filled with car repair and furniture shops.
I would have said go to the Walmart, but thats no good because people from neighboring areas also shop there, so what you see there is really a much better crowd than Central Islip crowd ! Go to the laundromat in the intersection of carleton and county 100.... that should give you a good idea though.
Connetquot avenue is probably the best maintained place.
I do not know about other areas of Central islip so if you have kids who will go to school, please pass on it, else you can consider certain areas for sure.
Do you know the New Jersey Nets are relocating to Brooklyn.... only reason I'm saying is please do not consider the "Long Island Ducks" to be up in the list of "Why you should move to Central Islip".
I've made the mistake of going in the Walmart in Islandia. Anybody thinking of moving to Central Islip might want to go in there on a Saturday night. It's basically the Bronx East. My then pregnant wife basically got pushed over in there. Trash does not begin to describe it. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's how I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island