Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicallier View Post
ok. We have definite opinions as to who is overpaid on li.

Let's go for the opposite.

Who isn't overpaid on li?

Me!
postal workers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
sanitation workers never seem to get lumped in with the cops and teachers. Might they be underpaid?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Pool guys are waaaaaaaaaaay under paid. We gotta fight for every penny.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:18 PM

130 posts, read 743,476 times
To be honest SCPD and NCPD is nothing to me compared to the city police. Dodge bullets my a$$! I drove here from PA one night and got in at 1AM. Why were like 5 cop cars and about 10 cops inside the gas station/ dunken donuts (I swear I am not lying about this) sitting inside just shooting the ****. I also have a friend of a friend who wrks for SCPD and when he does overtime he gets 200 an HR!!!!!!! Don't tell me about Billions for bullets.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:25 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
No raise in several years, but the cost of everything around me is rising

Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM

544 posts, read 940,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissesFixIt View Post
To be honest SCPD and NCPD is nothing to me compared to the city police. Dodge bullets my a$$! I drove here from PA one night and got in at 1AM. Why were like 5 cop cars and about 10 cops inside the gas station/ dunken donuts (I swear I am not lying about this) sitting inside just shooting the ****. I also have a friend of a friend who wrks for SCPD and when he does overtime he gets 200 an HR!!!!!!! Don't tell me about Billions for bullets.
The thread is who is NOT overpaid on LI. This isn't about cops and donut shops.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 PM

130 posts, read 743,476 times
lol someone offended?

To me the only ppl who seem UNDER paid are the ppl who work at grocery stores, malls, etc. I sure hope minimum wage is going up for them.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:04 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
lol someone offended?

To me the only ppl who seem UNDER paid are the ppl who work at grocery stores, malls, etc. I sure hope minimum wage is going up for them.

Retail notoriously under pays their employees. And they work them to death, and, give nothing in return. Especially managers. Most store managers make squat and have to work 50 hours or more a week, and be ready to go in at any given moment or risk losing their job. I'm talking an average of $13-$15 per hour to be married to the store. In retail ALL employees are expendable. It's a horrible business. The only ones making serious cash are the employees at the corporate level.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM

544 posts, read 940,199 times
Quote:
lol someone offended?

Offended, how? I am neither a cop nor a donut shop owner. You, mon ami, went off topic. The thread is about underpaid workers on LI, and you brought up the cops.

Trying to keep this thread a teacher/cop free zone.

You made a good point bringing up the retail grocery employees.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Retail notoriously under pays their employees. And they work them to death, and, give nothing in return. Especially managers. Most store managers make squat and have to work 50 hours or more a week, and be ready to go in at any given moment or risk losing their job. I'm talking an average of $13-$15 per hour to be married to the store. In retail ALL employees are expendable. It's a horrible business. The only ones making serious cash are the employees at the corporate level.

Been there, done that. I was a restaurant manager during a rough time in my early 20's...every day I came home exhausted, every day that I woke up I dreaded going to work. There's nothing worse than when you know that about 75% of the people you have working for you couldn't care less if the building burned down, and you are the target of the general publics frustration about their own pathetic lives. Some guy just gets off work shoveling poop from one bin to another, but damn, if his sandwich isn't made right, he's gonna complain to YOU, and with AUTHORITY!!

I'm always very easy on food service workers, because I know how much it sucks. I've gotten in arguments with friends who give wait staff and management a hard time at restaurants. "They are here to serve ME!!" Well, they don't make nearly enough to take your ridiculously petty requests seriously, champ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: