Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 11:12 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Crooks are you there? What happened? Are they now closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,516,820 times
Bummer...they were pretty good. I wonder if being tucked away in that strip mall took away from the visibility?

They took the RP location off their website.

Fatty BeltBuckles BBQ Restaurant - Rocky Point NY

Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
They were FANTASTIC.

I know they are opening another in Farmingdale.

They never got out from under the Grand Opening rape thing.
D.A. dismisses Fatty Beltbuckles rape charges

Guilty or not Rocky Point never got past it and quietly(and I believe incorrectly considering the outcome) boycotted him from the get go.

Shame.

Crooks

Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 PM

22,671 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
They were FANTASTIC.

I know they are opening another in Farmingdale.

They never got out from under the Grand Opening rape thing.
D.A. dismisses Fatty Beltbuckles rape charges

Guilty or not Rocky Point never got past it and quietly(and I believe incorrectly considering the outcome) boycotted him from the get go.

Shame.

Crooks
I think the one in Fdale is open - I was on Main Street a couple of weeks ago and it looked open.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:52 AM

405 posts, read 1,163,873 times
F'dale is open.
I haven't tried it yet, but if Crooks says it's "FANTASTIC" I'm going to have to try it.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
F'dale is open.
I haven't tried it yet, but if Crooks says it's "FANTASTIC" I'm going to have to try it.
Get the Wings and the Pulled Pork.

Smokin Als is gonna have some competition.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 AM

405 posts, read 1,163,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Get the Wings and the Pulled Pork.

Smokin Als is gonna have some competition.
Thanks Crooks!

Tried it out this weekend and really did enjoy the wings. They had a nice smokiness to them along with a rub that I found very good. Some might find them a bit salty, but boy did they go good with a beer.

Didn't try the pulled pork...yet, decided to go with the St. Louis Ribs and they were very good as well.

I will return for more.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
Thanks Crooks!

Tried it out this weekend and really did enjoy the wings. They had a nice smokiness to them along with a rub that I found very good. Some might find them a bit salty, but boy did they go good with a beer.

Didn't try the pulled pork...yet, decided to go with the St. Louis Ribs and they were very good as well.

I will return for more.
Awesome Lil town

Our loss is indeed your gain.

THe salt to Beer factor is prolly in the biz model ; )

Delicious.

Crooks

Old 03-15-2010, 01:22 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Crooks...how can any company abandon the most beautiful and sophisticated town on Long Island and open their new restaurant near the Axe Body Spray capital of the world? Can you tell me how this is possible?

Of course, you still have JR Steaks. Amazing to me that the Nascar crowd that goes there even has enough teeth to eat steak.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Crooks...how can any company abandon the most beautiful and sophisticated town on Long Island and open their new restaurant near the Axe Body Spray capital of the world? Can you tell me how this is possible?

Of course, you still have JR Steaks. Amazing to me that the Nascar crowd that goes there even has enough teeth to eat steak.
Its no All American...thats for sure.

Dont hate GPSMA the Jersey Shore crowd of the greater Pequas will delight is Fattys.
Go roll up in your g35 and get some please. You can get back to us with a highly educated Pequan POV piece.
(Yo the F'n wings are the bomb G)

Ill translate it.... or post it to you tube and we can just add subtitles for the hillbillies.

; )

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island