Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 AM

316 posts, read 989,250 times

Advertisements

Call the airport and give them your exact coordinates and the hours that you are home. I'm sure that they will then re-route all traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boan View Post
Call the airport and give them your exact coordinates and the hours that you are home. I'm sure that they will then re-route all traffic.
LOL hilarious!! But seriously John, this is the least of Nassau's problems. I'm having a hard time finding the conspiracy theory here...

Old 11-29-2010, 11:50 AM

577 posts, read 978,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
You're probably right. It wont be until an accident, such as an unscheduled landing at Roosevelt Field, before something is done.
And I think it is hurting property values, I've seen quite a few homes on the market in the Westbury/Carle Place/Garden City area.
Nobody wants to put up with whining jet engines every 90 seconds, especially when its 2 in the morning and you're trying to sleep. Its not like I live next door to the airport, but it sounds like it. I know air traffic has increased, but the use of 22L, the routing over central Nassau, has increased at a much higher rate. It used to be it was only used when SE,S,SW winds were present, now its used no matter what the wind direction. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to take another advil. Earrrhhhooo

John, I feel your pain. Please check your Direct Messages.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM

577 posts, read 978,542 times
John, Please check your Direct Messages

Old 11-29-2010, 06:05 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Every 90 seconds, all weekend long, despite NW winds. Its driving me up the wall. And I have all my windows closed.
Anyone with some common sense would be using the Bay Runway facing into the northerly wind, but the objective here is to lower property values and drive residents in central Nassau crazy.
If you're sick of my whine about the whine over my head, imagine if you had to read this every 90 seconds.
I saw a plane going really low over Bethpage about 1pm today . Have not seen one that low in quite a while

Old 11-29-2010, 06:37 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,025 times
hey folks what time s it?

time for Johns quarterly Airport rant!

Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
LOL hilarious!! But seriously John, this is the least of Nassau's problems. I'm having a hard time finding the conspiracy theory here...
True, this is a small problem compared to the invasion by illegals and the shutdown of bus service. But it is one more factor, one more thing that can push someone to move away.
I've been seeing alot of ppl moving out of Westbury recently, and in their place, is more day laborers. They wont be bothered by the noise though as they have no standards. They love noise, blasting that bass from a beat up Honda with tinted windows (which is also illegal).
Bottom line is the jet noise may be a small issue, but when factored in with the other problems in the area, it is driving people away. Its not like we live right by the airport or anything, and this routing is used needlessly when winds favor an ocean approach, like this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island