Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 PM

999 posts, read 2,357,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sorry but I don't believe you at all. I worked as a tool maker for 10 years and have many machine tools for hobby purposes. I've seen drunks and potheads and tweekers come and go in the shops I worked in. The drunks are the worst. I don't buy the part about your test, you start that paragraph with "Lol once again I allowed this test" ! Letting someone who you know is high run your machines is very stupid. You allowed this twice ? Double stupid ! You then use a phrase like "since I seen the same behavior" and put between one and five periods after your sentences !
Sorry but I have a hard time believing any of your post.
You speak of stupified people and our retarded society and you knowingly allow stoned guys to work in your shop for an experiment ! How do you know if your experiment subjects only smoked pot ? They could have shot up heroin or smoked some ice or crack, did you watch them ? Why don't you drug test your employees ? It's cheaper than fixing crashed machines and buying new cutting tools
Thanks for the laugh !

I started it off with lol once again because i had another prior to these 2 who was also let go....
Drug testing is not needed since i let no one do the finish work...and after i see enough stupidity i let them go...

So if you are a nay sayer, lets do another test...

I video you after i show you what to do, something rather simple you can pick up in one day...
Then you smoke your wonder drug and video you making a fool of yourself...

Then it will be 4 times, same test, same results, drugs of any kind do not make you better...

If anyone walked in my shop with even a hint of alky they go home and are done... alky even if to much from the night before is apparent... other drugs as i have witnessed show themselves in other ways.

So don't be so quick to claim bs, how do you do a real world clinical test without actually doing it.... i would love to see how you make a test.............................................. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM

556 posts, read 1,445,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
I own my own business, I had a few users here and there and had 2 pot users that thought as some of you do...

One day the both of them were going on about some bs story in the paper as to legalizing it.

Then i got involved and had to hear all the BS about how pot is good, doesn't cause an issue for normal day life and or any harm to the person or there ability/abilities...

Lol so once again i allowed this test... told them go and do your supposed hit tomorrow, not in my place of business, but nearby so i can test and see if such BS is true... (Machinist work, some math and measurements required)

Well guess what happened....

Guess....

Neither one was in a ZONE, other then paranoid and mistake after mistake, broken tooling, was utterly sickening to watch the stupidity that was spewing from both of them.... (not to mention the broken bits that cost good money)
So after the test i found out that one of them has been doing such activities during lunch, since i seen the same behavior..
Shortly thereafter he was terminated.
The other started to follow the others lead and use during lunch, his behavior of breaking tooling and becoming considerably slower became very apparent and i remembered his actions on that test day....
Shortly thereafter he was terminated...
Hopefully neither of them is making anything else that is important...luckily for me i never allowed anyone to do finish work or god knows what might have left my business..

Many many Stupified people on this island think this way, let alone the rest of the retarded society...

As for the OP and the house....sometimes you have to do things yourself....
I like to smoke, but would NEVER go into work high. Recreational, not habitual.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Quote:
I started it off with lol once again because i had another prior to these 2 who was also let go....
Drug testing is not needed since i let no one do the finish work...and after i see enough stupidity i let them go...
So if you are a nay sayer, lets do another test...
I video you after i show you what to do, something rather simple you can pick up in one day...
Then you smoke your wonder drug and video you making a fool of yourself...
Then it will be 4 times, same test, same results, drugs of any kind do not make you better...
If anyone walked in my shop with even a hint of alky they go home and are done... alky even if to much from the night before is apparent... other drugs as i have witnessed show themselves in other ways.
So don't be so quick to claim bs, how do you do a real world clinical test without actually doing it.... i would love to see how you make a test.............................................. ...

All I'm saying is that it's really dumb to knowingly allow employies to run your machines knowing that they have just gotten high for a "test".
If I still had to work and if I ran a shop with employies, The first thing I would do if I suspected that my workers were doing drugs either on or off the clock would be to have all of the workers pee tested.
After over ten years working in job shops I've seen many workers come and go in short order due to them being stoned on the job. I just think that drug testing is the proper way to weed them out. (pun intended !)

Old 07-26-2009, 12:03 PM

They had a discussion, both claiming they can do everyday things and it wouldn't even be seen...that there is no negative side to smoking...i disagreed and wanted to prove it.... Also i was tired of hearing this bs and wanted to put it to bed.

It was a controlled CLINICAL test....i was standing within 4 feet while doing the entire test...
Even if you aren't high i am right there when anything is being done since it is my name and reputation that goes out the door, not them..
It is because of this i don't want to hire anyone anymore

Trust me i think this pot smoking is well out of hand and many people have misinformation about it being a good thing..
Just like dwi, someone had to drive the car after each drink to see exactly how it effects the ability.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:53 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,998 times
Quote:
I own my own business, I had a few users here and there and had 2 pot users that thought as some of you do...

One day the both of them were going on about some bs story in the paper as to legalizing it.

Then i got involved and had to hear all the BS about how pot is good, doesn't cause an issue for normal day life and or any harm to the person or there ability/abilities...

Lol so once again i allowed this test... told them go and do your supposed hit tomorrow, not in my place of business, but nearby so i can test and see if such BS is true... (Machinist work, some math and measurements required)

Well guess what happened....

Guess....

Neither one was in a ZONE, other then paranoid and mistake after mistake, broken tooling, was utterly sickening to watch the stupidity that was spewing from both of them.... (not to mention the broken bits that cost good money)
So after the test i found out that one of them has been doing such activities during lunch, since i seen the same behavior..
Shortly thereafter he was terminated.
The other started to follow the others lead and use during lunch, his behavior of breaking tooling and becoming considerably slower became very apparent and i remembered his actions on that test day....
Shortly thereafter he was terminated...
Hopefully neither of them is making anything else that is important...luckily for me i never allowed anyone to do finish work or god knows what might have left my business..

Many many Stupified people on this island think this way, let alone the rest of the retarded society...

As for the OP and the house....sometimes you have to do things yourself....
I would, way back when, smoke pot on the job.

But only after all the things that required sound judgement and initiative were done with. There was a period of about 90 minutes at the end of the shift where all there was to do is wait...and a little marijuana helped with the boredom.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
I would, way back when, smoke pot on the job.

But only after all the things that required sound judgement and initiative were done with. There was a period of about 90 minutes at the end of the shift where all there was to do is wait...and a little marijuana helped with the boredom.

I don't condone any use being good... However these 2 were in such a heated talk about it having no effect and making them better, there was no way to see who was right without actually making a real test.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,445 times
I would move.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
Of course people that use it are going to want it to be legal. Ask a heroine user if heroine should be legal and he or she will tell you that only a totally clueless, head in the sand moron would be against legalizing heroine.

Those of us whom are against legalizing it feel that the only people whom are for legalizing it are those who use it. Again; grow up and realize that if you need it to feel good that you are obviously lacking something in your life if you simply can't feel good without it. If it is truly not addictive you should have no problem with not smoking it anyway.

The arguments for legalizing it are very weak anyway. "Let's legalize it to tax it." is one of my favorites. We can also legalize cocaine and tax that as well. "It is better than smoking cigarettes; less harmful." This is a good one as well. I do smoke cigarettes but should not and admit that I would like to stop but have a hard time doing so. It is quite obvious that inhaling any smoke is not going to be good for someone whether it is cigarette smoke or smoke from a "joint". "It is a stress reliever." So get a productive hobby. I work on my 1968 Newport and build car models to relieve stress. Much more productive than smoking a joint and laughing at nothing.

How many people would still buy marijuana illegally if they feel they can't get the same high without the chemical additives that are added to the marijuana sold on the streets today? How many people would start driving their car while smoking it? Don't give me that "it enhances your senses" garbage either. I have met many alcoholics whom have said they drive better when they are "buzzed" as well.
Whoever this ignorant person is who keeps saying arguments are weak he needs to take a lesson from himself about weak arguments because any intelligent person knows you have to view the argument from both sides before you can say anything critical and no one will ever know the truth about marijuana because they are scared just like you to face the facts about it and see isn't bad at all it's only bad because everyone that does it isn't doing it legally because morons like you don't realize that people have to commit a crime to smoke it so your argument is weak because you don't know the truth and never will

Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM

294 posts, read 610,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getonmylevel420 View Post
Whoever this ignorant person is who keeps saying arguments are weak he needs to take a lesson from himself about weak arguments because any intelligent person knows you have to view the argument from both sides before you can say anything critical and no one will ever know the truth about marijuana because they are scared just like you to face the facts about it and see isn't bad at all it's only bad because everyone that does it isn't doing it legally because morons like you don't realize that people have to commit a crime to smoke it so your argument is weak because you don't know the truth and never will

Alex, I'll take run-on sentences for $1,000 please.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP Guy View Post
Alex, I'll take run-on sentences for $1,000 please.
Try saying that in one breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island