Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM

90 posts, read 295,245 times

Advertisements

I got an estimate today for a new cesspool for $3,500. That includes fully pumping out the existing main cesspool and the overflow, 2 new caps on those, 3 new rings and a dome, excavating and getting rid of all the dirt they have to remove and whatever piping and such is needed.

Does this sound fair??? They are a localy family owned bussiness that use no subcontractors and they have been in buss. for quite a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:16 PM

anyone??????????????helloooooooooooo.............. ..............

Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM

815 posts, read 2,044,949 times
Yes, that sounds reasonable to me. It only happens once every 20 years or so. Sorry.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM

341 posts, read 1,530,706 times
I've asked engineers when I've looked at houses... standard response was 5-7K, so that sounds pretty reasonable. Can they give you references?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,325,817 times
I know a great cesspool company. If you can wait until tomorrow, i'll pm you the guys name and number.
I paid $3000 for two new pools and destruction of my existing pools (I have a very large property so this may not work for you). I did not need any dirt removed (They used the dirt from the new pools to fill the old pools).
I'll pm you tomorrow morning.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I know a great cesspool company. If you can wait until tomorrow, i'll pm you the guys name and number.
I paid $3000 for two new pools and destruction of my existing pools (I have a very large property so this may not work for you). I did not need any dirt removed (They used the dirt from the new pools to fill the old pools).
I'll pm you tomorrow morning.
Thanks, but I have just the opposite situation (very small property). I need all of the dirt removed. Also the 2 pools that are there now won't be filled in the will also stay in use.

Money is a little tight right now so we have decided to just have them pumped 1 more time. I know we are just putting off the inevitable though......thanks for the other responses as well.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,325,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePaw View Post
Thanks, but I have just the opposite situation (very small property). I need all of the dirt removed. Also the 2 pools that are there now won't be filled in the will also stay in use.

Money is a little tight right now so we have decided to just have them pumped 1 more time. I know we are just putting off the inevitable though......thanks for the other responses as well.

Roto-Rooter was pumping mine twice a year. I'd pay $400 and they would guarantee it for 6 months, so I only had to pay every other time. Believe me, the last thing I wanted to do was pay $3000 to flush my toilet but I have two kids and there were 3 cave in's on LI the preceding 2 months. Buying a cesspool is one of the most unsatisfying things you can buy for your house.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:24 AM

40 posts, read 267,393 times
i get an estimate for $2500 from a guy i use him for my parent restaurant and home to pump/clean and chem my cesspool, he has always done a very good job for us. i don't have their number but google, "your town cesspool"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island