Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:07 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,168,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Asking which is the most upscale place in Massapequa is akin to asking which is the most upscale place in Mill Basin, Manhattan Beach, Forest Hills Gardens or Riverdale.

Massapequa is a hamlet in the Town of Oyster Bay, and, in my opinion, the most upscale place in the Town of Oyster Bay is the Village of Lattingtown.

There are two other towns in Nassau County: North Hempstead and Hempstead, and the most upscale place in North Hempstead is the Village of Sands Point and the most upscale place in the Town of Hempstead is (and, there will be lots of discussion about this choice) the Village of Hewlett Harbor.
Massapequa upscale?

Its pretty typical working class South Nassau.

There are some beautiful Waterfront homes though.

My family lives down behind the All American burger.
Its very nice, perhaps a bit more Pizza than Motzoh.

Crooks

Old 08-03-2009, 03:36 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Massapequa upscale?

Crooks
Massapequa is pretty much middle class with a decent upper middle class population, especially down near the water. The Harbor Green and Biltmore Shores areas are probably the wealthiest sections.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,106 times
Quote:
Given how the OP phrased his query and what others had already posted, the OP's question about "Jews in Massapequa Park", was fairly well answered.

Now, if you really wanted to be helpful on that issue, do you know the approximate percent of the Jews living in the greater Massapequa area (includes the Hamlet of Massapequa, the Hamlet of North Massapequa, the Village of Masapequa Park and the Hamlet of East Massapequa) that are Orthodox, Conservative, Reconstructionist, Reform or unaffiliated?

Now, for the "why" I posted the geographic information, it is highly likely that the OP, coming from outside the area, would not be familiar with the fact that a place can have a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address and not be in the Village of Massapequa Park and there is a difference between having a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address and actually being in the Village of Massapequa Park.
sure, the original poster's questions was answered but there was no need for the great details you gave. if someone came in and asked "how many houses in massapequa are white?" would you answer it the same way?

no offense, but I personally dont care who is jewish and who's not. its just a relgion and I dont believe in em!

Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Massapequa upscale?

Crooks
my house went for $600 grand, on the water.

if you go down bar harbor, those house easily fetch at least a million.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,676,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Massapequa is pretty much middle class with a decent upper middle class population, especially down near the water. The Harbor Green and Biltmore Shores areas are probably the wealthiest sections.
Except that they're in East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address), right?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
sure, the original poster's questions was answered but there was no need for the great details you gave.
There certainly was, for the reason already given.

Quote:
if someone came in and asked "how many houses in massapequa are white?" would you answer it the same way? :p
Obviously, yes; and, for the same reason.

Quote:
no offense, but I personally dont care who is jewish and who's not.
The OP apparently does; and, this is his thread, right?

Quote:
its just a relgion and I dont believe in em! :ok:
"Jew" indicates both an ethnic group as well as a religion.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Im not saying that your information isnt useful, but its not needed all the time and just because you felt like inserting it, doesnt make it necessar
One day, when you understand the difference between Massapequa, North Massapequa, Massapequa Park and, especially, East Massapequa, you'll understand why I post this detailed geographic information

Quote:
the poster didnt ask about the zip code or hamlet. he/she just asked a gereral question about its people.
Actually, the OP made a statement that he was looking at a home in the Village of Masspequa Park, which may or may not be correct, as a home having a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address may not actually be in the Village of Massapequa Park.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
One day, when you understand the difference between Massapequa, North Massapequa, Massapequa Park and, especially, East Massapequa, you'll understand why I post this detailed geographic information

Actually, the OP made a statement that he was looking at a home in the Village of Masspequa Park, which may or may not be correct, as a home having a "Massapequa Park, NY 11762" mailing address may not actually be in the Village of Massapequa Park.
I understand. Ive lived here all my life, well, the first 3 years I spent in nyc but after that, it was beautiful massapequa. I know it like the back of my hand. I know where the drug dealers go, I know where the cops hang out, I know the quikest route to the sunrise mall via a bike, I know the where to get the best pizza. I know it all. to me, its all one big town, except for the "East" part, where most people know to stay away from and thanks to you, had found out it spread over the the white section of massapequa, with no approval from its residents!

keep up the good work, walter! dont mind me!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Except that they're in East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address), right?
Nope, it is Massapequa. What you are thinking of is Nassau Shores, which is technically East Massapequa, with a Massapequa 11758 mailing address (though no one considers it East Massapequa)

Old 08-03-2009, 07:12 PM

659 posts, read 2,516,632 times
Massapequa is a very nice town, but not upscale. The homes on the water are very nice, but if you were looking for an upscale town, I wouldn't put Massapequa on the list. It's a solid working middle class area. Also, you need to watch out for parts in the Amityville school district...not good at all.

There are Jews in Massapequa...but there are Jews in many towns on LI. If you are looking for a very Jewish area, there are much better choices (ie: Hewlett, Roslyn, Great Neck, Jericho) that are also quite upscale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island