Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 AM

164 posts, read 458,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:

You only saw one section of Amityville...drive north a bit and perhaps your opinion would have changed

Quote: I guarantee after having seen the rest of it, you're opinion would have been mediocre at best.

Quote:

Elmont is nicer than North Amityville I would say and that isn't saying much

Quote:

I don't hate Amityville...I just don't think it's "nice". Merely just "ok" in my book.

“enough said” ?

Reading comprehension goes a long way. My post on Amityville was to point out the ***GOOD*** . So why would I have to point out the trailer parks? People already know they exist when they drive up and down 110 and think that is solely Amityville. North Amityville is a distance from here. It is not in our everyday life. .it seems non existent as it was a totally different town. People who do not know Amityville base their opinion on N. Amityville , happens all the time.. I clarified that. ** REASON FOR MY POST**

I am not going round and round with this.... it is time to move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitygirl View Post
Quote:

You only saw one section of Amityville...drive north a bit and perhaps your opinion would have changed

Quote: I guarantee after having seen the rest of it, you're opinion would have been mediocre at best.

Quote:

Elmont is nicer than North Amityville I would say and that isn't saying much

Quote:

I don't hate Amityville...I just don't think it's "nice". Merely just "ok" in my book.

“enough said” ?

Reading comprehension goes a long way. My post on Amityville was to point out the ***GOOD*** . So why would I have to point out the trailer parks? People already know they exist when they drive up and down 110 and think that is solely Amityville. North Amityville is a distance from here. It is not in our everyday life. .it seems non existent as it was a totally different town. People who do not know Amityville base their opinion on N. Amityville , happens all the time.. I clarified that. ** REASON FOR MY POST**

I am not going round and round with this.... it is time to move on
lol but the title was called 'amityville bashers'...i came, I saw, and i bashed.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
yes, we can say that by a map... even so , we are still sharing schools and zip code. we wanted our little village to be our own, not shared..it's a sore subject with us for many different reasons . Hopefully some day things will change, but probably not in my life time though
Most of N Amityville goes to Copiague schools

Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Awww, who gives a crap if some people don't like Amityville....we do!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Awww, who gives a crap if some people don't like Amityville....we do!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:21 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
yes, we can say that by a map... even so , we are still sharing schools and zip code. we wanted our little village to be our own, not shared..it's a sore subject with us for many different reasons . Hopefully some day things will change, but probably not in my life time though
Not shared with whom? Babylon Town? Or the people of North Amityville?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:37 PM

23 posts, read 93,942 times
North Amityville I've heard is very bad has gang activity and stuff like that, but South Amityville I heard is a nice middle class town, and Amity Harbor is wealthy, but the schools overall are that great because alot of Amityville is dump, Amityville is not like Glen Cove, Glen Cove most of it nice with ok schools, Amityville only half of it nice which may bring it down a little more that Glen Cove

Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Not shared with whom? Babylon Town? Or the people of North Amityville?
The vibe I'm getting is that they don't want to be associated with North Amityville - not the school district, the zip code or any thing else that would bring down the property values of the village - because of reasons stated by others and not acknowledged by the poster.

Not sure getting their own zip code would "solve" their problem. On paper they would have what they wanted, but in the real world, where people go by the name of the town, the school district and zip code (purposely left out HAMLET), North Amityville, Copiague and East Massapequa would still surround the village and the mobile home park would still be on Rte. 110.

Oh, and just what LI needs, another school district.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Not sure getting their own zip code would "solve" their problem. On paper they would have what they wanted, but in the real world, where people go by the name of the town, the school district and zip code (purposely left out HAMLET), North Amityville, Copiague and East Massapequa would still surround the village and the mobile home park would still be on Rte. 110.

Redd Jedd, you're referring to a "postal town" and not a true "town", right?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM

North Amityville I've heard is very bad has gang activity and stuff like that, but South Amityville I heard is a nice middle class town, and Amity Harbor is wealthy, but the schools overall are that great because alot of Amityville is dump, Amityville is not like Glen Cove, Glen Cove most of it nice with ok schools, Amityville only half of it nice which may bring it down a little more that Glen Cove

*****True. N. Amityville has it's problems. Amity Harbor is not wealthy, far from it .. it's a south part of Copiague that is not that nice with the exception of one nice water front development.
Copiague Harbor is beautiful and expensive. Amityville Village, S.Amityville is beautiful. it is middle class to wealthy living here. You have to have money, it is very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The vibe I'm getting is that they don't want to be associated with North Amityville - not the school district, the zip code or any thing else that would bring down the property values of the village - because of reasons stated by others and not acknowledged by the poster.

Oh, and just what LI needs, another school district.
There are many reasons why…I am not getting into all avenues with this, as it is complicated. A big part of it has to do with the very high school taxes we pay and not able to use the SD. N .Amityville does not have the taxes to support their own district ..so we pay…pay…pay, and no matter how much, it’s a bad district. If the people who are village residents decided “this is enough, we are using the school” there is not enough room. We would need to build. The SD counts us out. They depend on X amount not using the district. In the event, our values are lower than other beautiful areas because of the SD. There are plenty of schools, no need to build, just divide and that is never going to happen. In the past there was something about E. Massapequa to use Massapequa SD.. and Massapequa SD/residents didn’t want it.. they actually said it would lower their values and they would fight tooth and nail to keep them out of their school district. So we have them all, I do not think this is fair, but who am I? Clearly, this is not going to ever change. As I wrote in my very first post how nice it was to live here is all true, but we have some issues that we can not change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island