Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
LIR LIR started this thread

77 posts, read 295,104 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have first-hand experience with the condo developments in Massapequa/Amityville (Seasons and Newpointe) or Central Islip (Islip Terrace and Courthouse Commons)? Each of these is new construction, and look nice from their websites. I'm curious to know if there have problems with the builders, neighbors, issues with maintenance in the developments. Also, have any owners been able to negotiate prices lower than the advertised amounts, and/or what types of complimentary upgrades did they provide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,151,464 times
Will you have children attending either school district?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM

No, I am single, so the school district does not make a difference to me.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,151,464 times
The complex in Central Islip is really nice. There is a brand new shopping complex with a super sized Target, Home Depot, TGIF(coming), and of course the LI Ducks baseball conveinantly located within 3 mins. I only know 1 person who moved in there and they are happy. Central Islip gets a bad rap but this area is really quiet and nice.
Stop back and let us know if you like it, if you pick that complex.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Does your friend live in Courthouse Commons (the "highrise" complex right next to the courthouse) or Islip Terrace, the 2 story condos further north, closer to the Target? I drove through both recently, and thought the Islip Terrace community looked more "homey." The pool was busy with people of all ages, and the grounds looked well-kept, but I saw there were still empty units.

The Courthouse Commons community was fairly deserted (I only saw one older gentleman outside) and more "city-like." Some of the buildings were completely sold, one was still being built, others had many units available. I believe that both complexes have a "senior" section, but I don't meet that requirement yet!

Old 08-30-2009, 03:48 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times
Those condos to the North are Park Row. They are beautiful inside & the grounds are lovely, but they aren't in Islip Terrace (that is another town) ; they are part of Central Islip with all of its crime and a stone's throw away from the "town" in Central Islip. Very little appreciation . I know someone from the city who bought one about 18 years ago and has been trying to sell for over a year at just a lttle over what she paid all those years ago ; people will not buy anything in that community, it seems.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,670,127 times
It would seem that the The Seasons at Massapequa condominiums are in the Hamlet of East Massapequa ("Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address) in the Town of Oyster Bay, Nassau County.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
... but they aren't in Islip Terrace (that is another town) ; they are part of Central Islip ...
Islip Terrace and Central Islip are hamlets in the Town of Islip, Suffolk County.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 AM

Among the several oddities, quirks and general geographical confusions, there are places with a "Central Islip, NY 11722" mailing address that are in the Hamlet of Islip Terrace and, at the same time, there are places with an "Islip Terrace, NY 11752" mailing address that are in the Hamlet of Central Islip.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:01 PM

My bad, I meant Islip Landing, not Islip Terrace. Islip Landing was just built within the past couple of years. Does anyone know anyone living in that complex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island