Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times

Advertisements

Cops: Club staff alerted patrons on undercover officers

Quote:
The security staff at a Hamptons beach club tried to thwart drug arrests by pointing out undercover officers to patrons and alerting everyone to the officers' presence over the public announcement system, Southampton Town police said Monday night.
Neptune Beach Club manager Joseph Hennington and security manager Dennis Napolitan were both given appearance tickets, because police said they obstructed governmental administration after security staff tried to thwart the narcotics investigation.
How disgusting it is for club staff and security to aid in criminal activity and put the lives of undercover law enforcement officers at risk. I have heard of this bar and it's nothing but a magnet for thugs, drug dealers, and lowlifes. It's in the news every single holiday weekend in the summer for arrests. Southampton Town PD made 19 arrests and delt with 4 drug overdoses on Memorial Day alone. The bouncers were caught confiscating drugs from some patrons and then selling them to other patrons. I mean what the Moderator cut: Language, how can a place like this not be shut down?

I hope next Memorial Day weekend they descend upon the place with a huge army of cops and arrest every single person; patron and staff and just haul them away. Throw the book at them with every possible charge.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-08-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Please watch the language, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 AM

19 posts, read 19,813 times
How did the staff know the undercover cops were under cover in the first place?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoofonfiya View Post
I am trying to figure this out myself. Maybe the cops are required to inform the club management and security staff beforehand or present their badges/ID cards to the bouncers?

I can't believe they only got FATs for what they did. Endangering the lives of undercover officers is a very serious offense. Yeah, it's not the same as infiltraiting the mafia or some Latin American drug cartel but I would still consider what they are doing at clubs like Neptune's and the Boardy Barn to be somewhat crucial to law and order.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoofonfiya View Post
Maybe the cops did or said something to tip themselves off without realizing it.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
I don't know maybe they were doing it to make sure that people behaved themselves. Those who were there to sell drugs would leave and those that wanted to have a good time without drama would stay. So I can understand why they would do that kinda of a final warning. Hey we're watching you act right or get arrested.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM

19 posts, read 19,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Maybe the cops did or said something to tip themselves off without realizing it.
It's the cops own fault if that's the case. However, if the cops revealed themselves to mgmt and mgmt in turn went and relayed this info, mgmt is certainly at fault.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I don't know maybe they were doing it to make sure that people behaved themselves. Those who were there to sell drugs would leave and those that wanted to have a good time without drama would stay. So I can understand why they would do that kinda of a final warning. Hey we're watching you act right or get arrested.
Yeah but why point out the individual officers if that was the case?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:36 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yeah but why point out the individual officers if that was the case?
I see your point on that. Now if they were like "That guy in the green Hollister shirt is an undercover cop and so is the blonde guy with a red hat and blue American Eagle polo shirt with black stripes" then yeah that was stupid on their part. Now if they were like "Hey we have undercover cops in the building so y'all better keep things nice and legal this evening." and they left it at that then that's different.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:11 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I mean what the Moderator cut: Language, how can a place like this not be shut down?
if its shut down, the same people who own/run/promote it will just find another location. and different people (or maybe even the same, who knows) will just re-open that location with a new name.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-08-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
well, I think thier guns gave it away as they walked through the metal detector.

I dont know why the club would alert staff and patrons of the police presence because it really put the club in a bad sitaution if drugs are found in there. I think it was a disgruntled person who got on the mic and alerted everyone. I can gain access to the clubs mics/pa systems with ease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: