Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:49 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times

Advertisements

I think its a shame how a girl could get guys in trouble so easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 10:44 AM

149 posts, read 525,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
BS! Not with a girl and a gang of guys., That is sick period.
Sick according to whom? One person's "sick" is another person's "Hell-o!" Again, it was consensual. All involved were adults. Young adults albeit, but all were over the age of consent.

Listen, I have a daughter who will be entering into her teen years soon (11 in Oct.). I love her more than life. Would I want my daughter in this situation? Absolutely NOT! Because it's a "sick" act, no. I would not want her in that situation for her safety, lack of judgement and (for me) self respect. However, I would not want her to cry rape when it wasn't the case. I would not pressure her to the point that she'd rather make up a story to cover up. Parents have a responsibility to talk to their kids about cringe worthy things. To explain the possible consequences for certain actions. Artsy, you mentioned that a girl with a gang of guys is sick-how would it be the other way around?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:52 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
BS! Not with a girl and a gang of guys., That is sick period.
I knew plenty of girls in high school and college that used to have multiple sex parnters at once. one girl in high school was sick enough to note every guy she slept with on paper!

Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
why are we concentrating on anything other than the facts? Moral judgment and opinions on the character of those involved should be reserved for church/synagogue/mosque etc.

The fact is that whoever YOU marry could have possibly been a participant in every thing from gangbangs, to beastiality, to false rape allegations, to drug laced orgies, to even murder...We can only hope that we each end up with someone who has been as righteous and upstanding by everyone else's standards, as each of us have been our whole lives.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I knew plenty of girls in high school and college that used to have multiple sex parnters at once. one girl in high school was sick enough to note every guy she slept with on paper!
Well I did not say there were not ho's out there!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 AM

Charges 'likely' for Hofstra false rape accuser

Hofstra rape accuser will 'likely' face charges

Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Did Ndonye have any counsel present when the prosecutor confronted her with the "possibility" of the existence of a tape (that the prosecution had not even viewed), pushing her to recant, and resulting in all charges and warrants being dropped?

Again, this tape is 5 minutes and 58 seconds long. It only captures a portion of the entire incident. And as far as we know, only the men and their lawyers know what's on that tape. Furthermore, like I have already stated, the "video" is actually a COPY of a digital file on a flash drive. No one has the original source video from the CELL PHONE. Even if we can take the defense's word that the 5 minutes and 58 seconds depicts consensual sex (did the prosecution EVER see the video?), we don't know what happened before that 5 minutes and 58 seconds, and we don't know what happend after that 5 minutes and 58 seconds. It's a very real possibility that she did have completely consensual sex with 1 or 2 men in that 5 minutes and 58 seconds, but was raped by 1 or more of the others outside that 5-minute and 58-second window.

This video is conclusive "proof" of nothing. I can show you a 5 minute and 58 second video of the Twin Towers from 8:40:00 AM to 8:45:58 AM and tell you that I have video "proof" that no planes ever hit the Towers.

I know, I know...SHE'S the one that recanted and why would she recant only after learning that the defense had a video? Welll, she's 18 years old, no counsel, and confronted with the possibility of a courtroom full of jurors, press and spectators seeing a video of her having sex and hear, over and over again, every single sex act in microscopic detail...SOME of which, yes, we can ASSUME are consensual. Not to mention, her parents are immigrants from Togo, a region of Africa where female genital circumcision was still in practice up until recently. Her family probably has very strict and old fashioned views on sex (especially female sex), i.e., if you are raped, it is your fault and you deserve it.

Here is an interview with Kevin Taveras:

Man Falsely Accused Of Rape Speaks Out (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_ny/090918_man_accused_rape_kevin_taveras_good_day - broken link)

Again, he admits that there was GROUP sex (and the video is described in reports as showing sexual acts between AT LEAST TWO people, i.e., THREE OR MORE), but Rondell Bedward, Jesus Ortiz and Stalin Felipe all categorically deny (see the numerous other links I have posted on this thread) ever even having sex with the woman. How can GROUP sex take place when all the men are denying having sex? Because they are obviously LYING and not even bothering to do a decent job trying to get their stories straight. And if they're LYING about the sex, they could be LYING about the rape.

In the video link above, Taveras's attorney Victory Daly Rivera states that he doesn't even know if a rape kit was ever done. As counsel for the defense, how can you not know if a rape kit was done? If your client is innocent, you would want to make damn sure that a rape kit had been done to submit as supporting evidence for your side. My guess is that a rape kit was never done at all, and that is why all the men can one by one deny any sexual contact at all, because if there is no rape kit, there is no evidence to prove that there was any sexual contact.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
I accept that the video is questionable on its own merit...I stated as much earlier. For all we know the video may only show the group walking along the street. As I stated previously: the tape, alone, could neither conclusively, exonerate nor incriminate the young men. But her retraction upon learning of the footage, regardless of its length, suggests to me that perhaps she knew that the ordeal was consensual. And that whichever portion of the tape the authorities could see, it wouldnt do anything to reaffirm her false allegations of rape. Again, that is just my speculative interpretation of her behavior though.

I say this assuming that she nor the authorities have any knowledge of which portions of the ordeal were actually captured on tape. It could be a portion which reaffirms her initial claims of rape, or it could be a portion that raises more questions about her credibility. I wouldnt know, but the fact that she confessed after being made aware that some portion of the ordeal was recorded, again, suggests to me that she would rather not gamble on the chance that the tape could show full consent regardless of which portion of the encounter was captured.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:27 PM

I believe she said she was tied down during the whole incident and the video shows no ties of any nature on her and she was moving around in her own discreation.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM

125 posts, read 440,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I think its a shame how a girl could get guys in trouble so easily.
I think it's great that authorities took this young woman's claim of rape seriously and acted quickly. I'd rather have this than have a REAL rape victim not taken seriously.

This false accusation, if true, has done incalcuable harm to all the silent and vocal victims of rape out there. It will make it that much harder for them to come forward, b/c so many men (and women) and The System are still so sexist against women that they don't take rape seriously.

What a travesty this whole debacle was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island