Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 04:52 PM

82 posts, read 40,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Every blue collar person I know loves Trump and won't wear a mask in their shop or business. That and being macho, overweight and in poor health are signs of strength apparently. Who knew. Shrug. If I adhered to your views I wouldn't even get my garbage picked up......

I don't care what somebodies politics are. A friend is a friend and a business is a business. Now. If somebody is waving MAGA flags in my face and confederate flags and nazi flags I prob will take my business elsewhere.

Not every Trump lover is what you describe BUT what you describe seem to be all Trump lovers.

Northport , South Setauket, setauket, stonybrook, Nassua county, huntington , babylon and much much more. Long island is full of progressive cultured towns and people. Even suffolk is pinkish purple. We all get along.
These places on Long Island are still very different from the "progressive" suburban towns in New Jersey (Maplewood, South Orange, Montclair, etc) and the river towns up in Westchester (Hastings-on-Hudson, Irvington). They're not blue-collar South Shore, but they're still Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 05:12 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatpants View Post
These places on Long Island are still very different from the "progressive" suburban towns in New Jersey (Maplewood, South Orange, Montclair, etc) and the river towns up in Westchester (Hastings-on-Hudson, Irvington). They're not blue-collar South Shore, but they're still Long Island.
That's true . Very true. But they are much more inclusive of all ideologies and demographics.

Old 02-10-2021, 11:08 PM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Would any of you tolerant liberals willingly make an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant who openly supports Trump and conservative values? Probably not. After all, all Trump voters must be uneducated white supremacist deplorables, and now traitor domestic terrorists. I shut up because I like making money.
My dentist supported Trump. I have another doctor who is also a Trump supporter. We don't usually discuss politics during office visits, but they mentioned being disappointed when he lost. They aren't pushy about it. I don't care. They just have to be competent medical practitioners. Like you, they are also pro-vaccine and both have appointments for vaccinations.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:34 AM

81 posts, read 68,082 times
Like Crookhaven said about 11 or 12 years ago, Stony Brook

Old 02-11-2021, 11:56 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassaucounty28 View Post
Like Crookhaven said about 11 or 12 years ago, Stony Brook
Lol

Old 02-11-2021, 02:13 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
I'm highly educated and conservative. But because I live in the North shore, I need to pretend to be liberal otherwise I might get cancelled by tolerant liberals.

It's not only the North Shore. It's everywhere.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:02 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,310 times
Quote:
Would any of you tolerant liberals willingly make an appointment with a doctor/lawyer/accountant who openly supports Trump and conservative values? Probably not. After all, all Trump voters must be uneducated white supremacist deplorables, and now traitor domestic terrorists. I shut up because I like making money.
If you support Trump, you don't support conservative values.
Conservatives are defined by a respect for law and a reverence for traditions. Exactly how is Trump conservative? His economic policies? no... His respect for the law? no... His respectful character and demeanor? no. His international policies? no... His commitment to traditional family values? no. Supporting Trump and conservative values would make you schizophrenic... You either support conservative values OR you support Trump.

But go ahead, keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:11 PM

82 posts, read 40,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
If you support Trump, you don't support conservative values.
Conservatives are defined by a respect for law and a reverence for traditions. Exactly how is Trump conservative? His economic policies? no... His respect for the law? no... His respectful character and demeanor? no. His international policies? no... His commitment to traditional family values? no. Supporting Trump and conservative values would make you schizophrenic... You either support conservative values OR you support Trump.

But go ahead, keep drinking that Kool-Aid.
Please take this nerd talk to the nerd forums.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:39 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatpants View Post
Please take this nerd talk to the nerd forums.
As I said, keep drinking that Kool-Aid.
Any liberal or progressive towns in Nassau/Western Suffolk?-kool-aid-man-1.png

Old 02-12-2021, 08:40 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpitch73 View Post
This is all very helpful information. I am wondering where this racial data can be found? I'd like to look at it for Dix Hills. I am also interested in Babylon.
As far as more detail on what we are looking for--budget $550 max. house--3 bdr 1.5 bath. commute--less than 1 hour nyc. prefer walkable to train w/ no transferring... schools--we have 1 child and we really believe in public school, so we don't want to send her to private school (which we can't afford anyway!). we also would like to live in a town with a 'main street' area that is walkable, and where local library/school/park/train are within walking distance, which is what we enjoy here in Maplewood. I look forward to more input--thank you so much for your time and insights.
You aren’t getting to NYC in an hour in Babylon. I lived in Seaford and the express train without stops got me to Penn in 55 minutes. Babylon station is at least another 4 or 5 stations further from the city. Maybe in 1 he 15 minutes if you are lucky and the train is on time.

Once again, I went straight to the end of the thread because I didn’t have time to read them all and this turned into political garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island