Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,165,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I left S out because it is an island unto itself; being on the opposite side of Nicolls helps, sort of how the other side of Oxhead helps B from becoming more like the OMP. H has some issues. Are you familiar with the large house on the corner of Nicolls and Hastings? It was bought by absentee, foreign-type landlords. Neighbors have witnesses many mattresses being moved in there with very little in the way of other furniture. Boarding house? Complaints have been lodged but as of now I don't know where the town is/isn't in terms of acting on them.

The overextending isn't exclusive to S25A and I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I should have been more clear that I know more people (and was informed houses going under) in that area in general.

If a person lived within their means, this is a great town. I love it
Hmmm.
I wasnt aware of that house, Brookhavens been pretty resposive lately.

The H,B and S were always pretty nice.
(Back in the day the H was the high water mark.)

I think it has to do with the model mix of the homes. It seems like the more Colonials and Framinghams=more High end residents.

Who knows.

If I was looking for a planned development Strathmore would be on my short list.
The only drawback is no basements.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
Port Jeffersion Station is getting grimier and grimier, you definitley dont want to move there. theres bums everywhere, heroin addicts, a drug rehab close by, the schools are the same level as Longwood (Medford/ Middle Country) which is one of the worst on Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island