Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 01:14 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,757,544 times

Advertisements

not only do we have a response to a post from 2009...it's to the previous sn of someone posting here today! Stellar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 11:41 PM

21 posts, read 54,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
not only do we have a response to a post from 2009...it's to the previous sn of someone posting here today! Stellar!
Lol

Old 01-30-2016, 06:25 AM

6 posts, read 7,445 times
I am a resident of Shirley now known as the Hamlet of Smith Point. I bought my home which is down by the canals off of William Floyd 10 years ago. I really resent all the smug ignorant comments you people make on the area. I LOVE it here. I have NEVER had any issues and I have great neighbors. I grew up in Farmingville. SACHEM schools. I am a hard worker and not a low life. I have a 4 bedroom 2 bath home and live by the water. You comment on the pics of one of the homes on Grandview and the flooding issues. Do the homes on Dunn Rd in the Hamptons not have flooding issues. Ohhh that's ok it's the Hamptons. Did all you negative people know it is mandatory to have flood insurance here on top of your homeowners. Yeah double of what you pay. So unless you know what your talking about keep your ignorance to yourself.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:48 AM

OMG are all you people ignorant. I live in Shirley down by the canals. I live on a great block with great neighbors for 10 years. I love it here. We all work hard and keep our homes nice. I grew up in Farmingville a graduate of SACHEM which at that time was the best school district in the area. You talk about drugs. Drugs are everywhere. Go to Ward Melville in Setauket. Dr's kids go there. They don't call it the pharmacy for no reason. You talk about flooding. Do the homes on Dunn Rd in the Hamptons not flood. Ohhh that's ok it's the Hamptons. Did you also know we are mandated to pay flood insurance on top of home owners. That's double of what you pay. The summers are beautiful here. I have no fear to go anywhere here. All areas have their good and bad. People in glass houses should never throw stones. My home town for instance was taken over by those day laborers. I remember my dad having a fit. Hello we are all people and we all bleed. Stay where u are. I don't want any low life ignorant people in my neighborhood.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:17 AM

65 posts, read 55,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnove19 View Post
My home town for instance was taken over by those day laborers... Hello we are all people and we all bleed. Stay where u are. I don't want any low life ignorant people in my neighborhood.
"We are all people and we all bleed." Except, of course, for "those day laborers." And "low life ignorant people."

(And yeah, I grew up in Mastic Beach and Shirley, graduated from Floyd. The area's reputation is well earned. Renaming it with a quaint "Tri-Hamlet" or whatever doesn't change what it is. It's a bandaid on a gaping wound.)

Old 01-30-2016, 10:56 AM

Default To all you Shirley Mastic Mastic Beach haters

OMG All you people are ignorant and talk a lot of crap. I am a Shirley home owner and I find it offensive to read all of your crap especially Mr Brookhaven hamlet person. No need to put your nose in the air. You live between Shirley and Patchogue. Don't act like you live in the Hamptons. I bought my 4 bedroom 2 bath home which is down by the canals 10 years ago. I LOVE it here. I have NEVER had any problems. I live on a quiet block with great neighbors. Anyone who visits never wants to leave. This is OUR beach community. We are walking distance to the ocean or boat ramps. I see in the summer when its hot you all crowd our roads to get to the ocean. Then the neighborhood is good enough. Well stay out go to the snobby north shore and enjoy the rocks. I was raised in Farmingville and graduated from Sachem which at that time was the best school district in the area. I am not white trash and work hard for what I have. My daughter went to and graduated from William Floyd in 2012 with a 4.0 average, many awards and scholarships and is now in Stony Brook for pre med. The person who made a comment about N shirley compared to S Shirley. My friend lives is N Shirley and complains about the low lives on her block all the time and is always calling he cops. I have NEVER once had to call the cops over here. Oh and good luck sending your kids to Longwood. On conclusion...If you don't like it here stay out. We love it. It says something when all the people who live here stick up for the area. Thats because you all don't know what the hell you are taking about.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2032 View Post
"We are all people and we all bleed." Except, of course, for "those day laborers." And "low life ignorant people."

(And yeah, I grew up in Mastic Beach and Shirley, graduated from Floyd. The area's reputation is well earned. Renaming it with a quaint "Tri-Hamlet" or whatever doesn't change what it is. It's a bandaid on a gaping wound.)
Yes they all bleed also but cause to much drama to care and as far as the day laborers if you read... I stated my father had a fit. I was young. What are you still doing here then if you hate it so much. Leave. My daughter went to Floyd graduated with a 4,0 and is in Stony Brook for pre med, Life is what you make it. There are a lot of worse places to live. We love it and are staying.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:15 PM

65 posts, read 55,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnove19 View Post
Yes they all bleed also but cause to much drama to care and as far as the day laborers if you read... I stated my father had a fit. I was young. What are you still doing here then if you hate it so much. Leave. My daughter went to Floyd graduated with a 4,0 and is in Stony Brook for pre med, Life is what you make it. There are a lot of worse places to live. We love it and are staying.
Who said I still lived there? God forbid. The minute I graduated, I was gone. And I was so relieved when my family decided they didn't want to live in such a trashy place anymore and they moved. This meant I didn't ever have to return there again.

And honestly, you keep making the same lengthy post saying the same thing about how OMG everyone else is ignorant, you grew up in Farmingville, and "Tri-Hamlet" (LOL!) is paradise. We know your life story already. No need to keep repeating it.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:22 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,015 times
Mastic/Shirley has some nice areas, but by and large, it's a cesspool.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel2032 View Post
Who said I still lived there? God forbid. The minute I graduated, I was gone. And I was so relieved when my family decided they didn't want to live in such a trashy place anymore and they moved. This meant I didn't ever have to return there again.

And honestly, you keep making the same lengthy post saying the same thing about how OMG everyone else is ignorant, you grew up in Farmingville, and "Tri-Hamlet" (LOL!) is paradise. We know your life story already. No need to keep repeating it.
I didn't repost it. I posted it once I do not know why it shows all those times and believe me you have no clue on my life story. Enjoy your paradise and ill enjoy mine. I don't need a pissing match. I just posted my point of view. Have a good life. Enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island