Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times

Advertisements

How come Native Americans don't come accross as pissed off as blacks?
I would think the Native Americans have a right to be really, really pissed off.
The blacks had it easy compared to what our forefathers did to the Natives.
I'm just curious. From what I have seen, the Native Americans seem pretty laid back about everything. I'm probabally just an idiot.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM

532 posts, read 1,269,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I would think the Native Americans have a right to be really, really pissed off.
I'm just curious. From what I have seen, the Native Americans seem pretty laid back about everything. I'm probabally just an idiot.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
This is a ridiculous post, but I'll try to answer you anyway.

The vast majority of Native Americans were killed, so there aren't as many to raise a hub-bub.

Secondly, The question of "degree" of how much someone was wronged is silly, but if you want to go down that road...carted across the ocean on slave ships where many died, treated like farm animals, then discriminated against for another 100 years after you've been "freed" form the stockade..vs having been invaded conquered and decimated by foreign hordes, then treated like non-humans. Six of one, half dozen of the other, ya know.

Last edited by dman72; 10-26-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
I am pro Freedom of Speech. I think the Nazis have the right to make idiots of themselves as much as anyone else does.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Where is it? Does anyone have a link? I live in Lindy and have seen some wacky signs/stickers on trucks lately.

YOU KEEP THE CHANGE, I'LL KEEP ALL MY GUNS, GOOD LUCK. It disturbed me more that it was on a hand scrawled sign next to confederate sticker...

Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambralita View Post
At least these "black churches" have a reason to feel a little bit of anger towards "whites": Whites enslaved them for centuries. And up until recently this was a very nasty place for minorities to live. We've come a long way since then of course. But it's there. We can't be so quick to judge each other.

To equate this with Nazis' rights to express themselves -- all in the name of freedom of speech -- reveals ignorance and arrogance and a willful invalidation of history and what is morally right.

Interesting post. So the black churches have a valid reason to be angry towards "Whites".
My family never enslaved blacks. My Great Grandparents came here from Ireland and now defunct countries that were invaded by the Soviet Union.
So "Blacks" are angry at me? Why?
I think your problem is you are a racist. Only a racist would be angry at an entire race of people for the actions of a few. Kind of like those Nazi folks you are referring to.
But like you said, we can't be too quick to judge each other. Unless they are "White", huh?
Unfortunately, those Nazi guys do have the same right to free speech as those Black Churches. It's kinda in the Constitution and everything.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:

It's silly to think one had it harder than the other. Kind of like going to the hospital and thinking the guy with a metal rod sticking through his head is somehow better/worse off than the guy with the LONGER metal rod sticking through his head!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 PM

My post was sarcasm. I find that people of all colors are nuts.
I don't think any one is any different than the other mentally.
The human race are all a bunch of lunatics.
Myself included.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
My post was sarcasm. I find that people of all colors are nuts.
I don't think any one is any different than the other mentally.
The human race are all a bunch of lunatics.
Myself included.
Oh, my post was 100% serious. C'mon man.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Oh, my post was 100% serious. C'mon man.
you mean you were kiddin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island