Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see this house on News 12 this AM?

Whats wrong with people?

I know you got rights but c'mon.

Moron.

Crooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhozx819izU

Old 10-26-2009, 06:35 AM

432 posts, read 1,593,986 times
I thought that was a Yaphank thing?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 AM

405 posts, read 1,163,688 times
I hate Lindenhurst Nazis (Yaphank ones too)

Below taken from Wiki -
"Nazi sympathizers of the German Bund were centralized in Lindenhurst. In the mid-to-late 1930s, the German American Bund made its appearance and many of its Lindenhurst members were tried and convicted for treason. By 1937, up to 40,000 bundists would arrive on Sundays to celebrate Nazism in America, while young Siegfrieders lined up to greet them as the train pulled into Yaphank. A large contingent of Nazis also marched through the village of Lindenhurst that year. Carl Bergler became treasurer of the Lindenhurst Unit of the Bund in 1938 and funds were deposited in the First National Bank of Lindenhurst for the account of Efdende. This was the phonetic spelling of the Friends of the New Germany, the predecessor of the German-American Bund. Bregler became leader of the Lindenhurst Unit and he continued in that capacity until the Bund was dissolved."

Actually makes some sense since Lindenhurst is historically a very German area.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Did anyone see this house on News 12 this AM?

Whats wrong with people?

I know you got rights but c'mon.

Moron.

Crooks

YouTube - The Blues Brothers - Nazis Scene
Can't see the video at work but: Makin' friends in Lindenhurst. Idiots.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:47 AM

125 posts, read 440,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalX View Post
I thought that was a Yaphank thing?
This mentality is more widespread than you think. Enrollment in hate groups has risen exponentially in the last year or so.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Ha ha! Love that movie, 100% classic.
"I hate Illinois Nazi's" ha ha!

Oh well. This country for better or worse is all about freedom. People can do or say whatever the heck they want, and as long as it is so-called "peaceful", aint nuttin' anyone can do about it. Even preaching hate is legal. Neo-Nazi's, Black Panthers, 90% of rap artists, KKK, Al Sharpton, etc...
it's all ok according to the constitution.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM

964 posts, read 2,462,695 times
What can you do? There are always going to be isolated extremes here and there. It's not indicative of Long Island.

Nonetheless, they have every right to express themselves however they want. Black churches that demonize whites have every right to express themselves and so do these Nazis. It's vile, but thankfully we live in a free country that allows it.

I've been to China many times...and believe me..you don't want the alternative.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,344,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
What can you do? There are always going to be isolated extremes here and there. It's not indicative of Long Island.

Nonetheless, they have every right to express themselves however they want. Black churches that demonize whites have every right to express themselves and so do these Nazis. It's vile, but thankfully we live in a free country that allows it.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM

186 posts, read 734,540 times
Quote:

Well said...can't do nothin about it! And with the freedom that we have come to enjoy so much in this country, comes some level of craziness like this!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 AM

125 posts, read 440,594 times
Quote:
Black churches that demonize whites have every right to express themselves and so do these Nazis.
At least these "black churches" have a reason to feel a little bit of anger towards "whites": Whites enslaved them for centuries. And up until recently this was a very nasty place for minorities to live. We've come a long way since then of course. But it's there. We can't be so quick to judge each other.

To equate this with Nazis' rights to express themselves -- all in the name of freedom of speech -- reveals ignorance and arrogance and a willful invalidation of history and what is morally right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island