Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you hope wins the recount?
Mangano 24 64.86%
Suozzi 13 35.14%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times

Advertisements

No link because of Newsday's new subscription policy, but Schmitt is already hanging out massive pay increases to at least 5 members of his staff including Mondello's son in law.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No link because of Newsday's new subscription policy, but Schmitt is already hanging out massive pay increases to at least 5 members of his staff including Mondello's son in law.....
Really? I'm heading over there right now.
Watch the news tonight, y'all finally get to see my face, even though it'll be my mugshot.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:39 PM

167 posts, read 383,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Does it really make a difference?

Without MAJOR wholesale changes to govt union contracts, consolidation of services, reduction in the number of administrators in school districts, and getting some real businesses to set up shop in Nassau, changing Supervisors will be like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

This post is spot on. How is an ex-Gulotta flunky going to repeal the energy tax without showing where there will be meaningful cuts? And he'll freeze the assesments, now we can't grieve our taxes, how does that bring fairness to the system? Suozzi couldn't do much more than sqeeze the hispanics on the bus and a few other housekeeping cuts - that's why he was looking to scram at the first opportunity.

The good thing is people are starting to understand what the root problems are. There needs to be more public support for people like Ron-Paul. Locally, I haven't seen any politicians ready to take on the unions and the other pigs at the taxpayer trough, but I admit I haven't followed things closely. I just paid my tax bill and saw nearly 9% of my taxes went to my "special district". Well it was recently reported that the head garbage pig-man and his son were sqeezing my town for like a million each!

Real solutions are our only alternative. I will take more pain and public outrage to get there though. I have a feeling it is still too dangerous for elected officials on all levels to take on the special interests as they are still more afraid of "them" as they are of us, but these last elections show a shift in attitudes, a positive sign IMO.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaray14 View Post

The good thing is people are starting to understand what the root problems are. There needs to be more public support for people like Ron-Paul. Locally, I haven't seen any politicians ready to take on the unions and the other pigs at the taxpayer trough, but I admit I haven't followed things closely.
I'll run for Exec next election. I think if I got some exposure I just may give these goofballs a run for their money. I'll probabally end up missing or dead under "mysterious circumstances" before all is said and done, but I think we really need a "regular" person to step up to the plate, someone that wasn't born into money or politics, somebody that understands the real world. Someone that isn't afraid to step on anyones toes because of political affiliations. I would clean house like never before, without any regard to party alliance or political backlash.
People for the people. I have absolutley no political experience, but so what, I do have a spine, and I will not back down to anyone because I just don't give a damn, the system has failed and it's time to try something different.

Where do I sign up?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaray14 View Post
This post is spot on. How is an ex-Gulotta flunky going to repeal the energy tax without showing where there will be meaningful cuts? And he'll freeze the assesments, now we can't grieve our taxes, how does that bring fairness to the system? Suozzi couldn't do much more than sqeeze the hispanics on the bus and a few other housekeeping cuts - that's why he was looking to scram at the first opportunity.

The good thing is people are starting to understand what the root problems are. There needs to be more public support for people like Ron-Paul. Locally, I haven't seen any politicians ready to take on the unions and the other pigs at the taxpayer trough, but I admit I haven't followed things closely. I just paid my tax bill and saw nearly 9% of my taxes went to my "special district". Well it was recently reported that the head garbage pig-man and his son were sqeezing my town for like a million each!

Real solutions are our only alternative. I will take more pain and public outrage to get there though. I have a feeling it is still too dangerous for elected officials on all levels to take on the special interests as they are still more afraid of "them" as they are of us, but these last elections show a shift in attitudes, a positive sign IMO.
They will only be afraid of us if they know we will vote them OUT of OFFICE and away from the money pot.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I'll run for Exec next election. I think if I got some exposure I just may give these goofballs a run for their money. I'll probabally end up missing or dead under "mysterious circumstances" before all is said and done, but I think we really need a "regular" person to step up to the plate, someone that wasn't born into money or politics, somebody that understands the real world. Someone that isn't afraid to step on anyones toes because of political affiliations. I would clean house like never before, without any regard to party alliance or political backlash.
People for the people. I have absolutley no political experience, but so what, I do have a spine, and I will not back down to anyone because I just don't give a damn, the system has failed and it's time to try something different.

Where do I sign up?
I have a better idea!

Let's take over part of the Pine Barrens and form our own gated and armed compound under our own government.

We can call it Karl's Kompound Kondos and Kabanas.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I have a better idea!

Let's take over part of the Pine Barrens and form our own gated and armed compound under our own government.

We can call it Karl's Kompound Kondos and Kabanas.
Don't tempt me...if I thought for a second that we could possibly get away with that, I'd be having a lumber delivery already...

Old 11-07-2009, 10:20 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
so who won?

Old 11-07-2009, 11:06 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
so who won?
Still unknown, recount starts on Monday, Absentees will start to be counted on Tuesday

Old 11-24-2009, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,736 times
OMG a stabbing in Garden City? Dead Bodies in a 4 million dollar home in Jericho, how about ex police officer killing his wife, all Suozzi fault
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island