Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:43 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,335 times

Advertisements

Ok finally did the walk through this week.... I thought I was leaving the apartment in excellent shape.... (got professional cleaning done)
After the walk through I have no hope of getting the deposit back.... the guys are really greedy.... you will be amazed how they can get you.... one small scratch on the stove.... they said they have to replace it.... my kid scribbled on some walls... needs 2-3 coats of paint (jeez!) and there are 20 other things I need not even mention....
FYI its Colony Park apartments in Ronkonkoma managed by Heatherwoods..... I would never advice anyone to rent there !! I'll wait for my final bill, but I could see how cheap they are already from my 2 previous experiences.
As I said before it will cost me more $$$ in time spent and aggravation to fight in court so seems like they are going to get away with it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,854 times
I am very interested in devonshire hills but only read reviews about car break ins etc and am scared

Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkushner View Post
I am very interested in devonshire hills but only read reviews about car break ins etc and am scared

Again, most of the people posting reviews have had negative experience. The people who have had good or mediocre (what is expected) experiences usually don't post reviews. Think about it. I"d go by how many negative reviews there are relative to other complexes in the area.

Garden apartment complexes are major targets for car thieves..always have been, always willl be.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:33 AM

69 posts, read 158,318 times
Heatherwood kept approx $500 of my deposit this past Novemeber when I moved out of Spruce Ponds. My small claims hearing is set for early next year. If they took money they do not deserve, fight them, don't get pushed around.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamsux View Post
Heatherwood kept approx $500 of my deposit this past Novemeber when I moved out of Spruce Ponds. My small claims hearing is set for early next year. If they took money they do not deserve, fight them, don't get pushed around.
Hey spamsux, can you tell me how you went to court, I mean what is the procedure ?
Also, I am going to bleed money every hour I'm not at work, so do you have a rough estimate on how much time you will spend on weekdays away from work pursuing the case ? I guess even if you win, you may not get $500 right ? maybe $300 ?
I am in the same boat, I don't know how much they are going to keep, but just preparing myself.
Did you take pictures when you left ?

Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 AM

69 posts, read 158,318 times
HOME - Suffolk County District Court - 10th JD

It took 15 minutes to file the case and pay the clerk. This includes waiting in line.

I have photos and video of everything. During the moveout inspection, if the super noted an issue I took a photo.

On the day of the hearing I anticipate waiting for 2 hours for my case to be heard and then 30 minutes for my hearing. Other than have the photos printed I do not see myself doing much else.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:12 PM

305 posts, read 1,004,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebv View Post
Devonshire is a little more expensive than the rest, but it looks like a nice one, although you wouldn't know it from the reviews on apartmentratings.com

I would be remissed to leave my last review of Devonshire, I found out the hard way the reviews are correct.

This place turn out to be a nightmare for us after all. After the refund policy end maintenance rob us blind. In and out the place like they owned it, the halls stink and the drug activity is horrible.

For all the money you pay they will go up on your rent at least 10% at the end of each term. Amy, Jennifer and Kim are all liars, and snow removal is a joke.

People has had there cars broken into on a normal basis, and the last straw that broke the camel back with me, was when the boiler next to us almost blew up.

I am happy to be gone and would never rent from another place like that again what a dump

Old 12-11-2010, 06:55 PM

59 posts, read 174,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamsux View Post
$1,764 (security) + $195 (redecoration fee) = $1,959 that Heatherwood thinks their getting. Heatherwood is nice to you until you move out, then F.U. you get nothing. Oh, and by the way don't make any posts because City-Data is corrupt and they will delete your posts for warning others.

Rent at Saddle Rock.

D.R.A.M.P. (http://www.dontrentatmedfordpond.webs.com/ - broken link)

Old 12-11-2010, 07:27 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebv View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or heard any good or bad things about the following Suffolk apartment complexes that I am looking at. I'm not worried about pets or school districts or anything like that, just the general area and quality of the complexes.

The ones I am looking at are:

Devonshire Hills - Hauppauge
Fairhaven Apartments - Nesconset
Lake Grove Apartments - Lake Grove
Setauket Knolls - South Setauket
(Fairfield) Maple Gardens Apartments - Smithtown
Fairfield at Smithtown - Smithtown

Thanks
I don't know too much about those complexes, but I will tell you that Fairfield is very rigid on their leases. They will not let you break the lease early under any circumstances. I have had a few friends that rented from them. Also, they are very good at spending your deposit for you. I have a very good friend who was sent overseas by his company, which he warned the super was a possibility at the time of signing the lease. He was forced to pay the last 5 months of his lease, even though they rented it out within a month. They also alerted him that his deposit was exhausted due to damages that didn't exist (I helped him move out.) I would just warn you to be cautious about renting from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island