Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 AM

20,104 posts, read 20,915,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't know, I've been to areas in Virginia and NC where you can buy a 2500 sq foot house with half an acre for 275K, and no barefoot people in sight.
ha ha! that's cuz thar aint no southerners left gawdammit!

At this point, most of the south is transplanted northerners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,187,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
RP is on the short list of "if we stay on LI"...
Crooks and I can have citi-data forum parties together when I become his neighbor.

I am a redneck. How or why I have no clue. Always been a hick.
Born and raised in Nassau County.

Wise choice.

Party on Karl

Crooks

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,331,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't know, I've been to areas in Virginia and NC where you can buy a 2500 sq foot house with half an acre for 275K, and no barefoot people in sight.
That is why I told Karl:

Quote:
Not deliverance country. Figure out the borderlines to that area in each state for sure!
PS: I was talking about sights seen in the deep south (AL). But Virginia and NC still have pockets of hillbillies.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:37 AM

I'd much rather deal with gun-totin' rednecks any day over obnoxious self centered citi-slickers.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'd much rather deal with gun-totin' rednecks any day over obnoxious self centered citi-slickers.
Gotta love ya karl!

I hope you like roadkill stew. Today's special: possum with tire marks.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM

Git er duuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM

32 posts, read 96,608 times
Quote:
ha ha! that's cuz thar aint no southerners left gawdammit!

At this point, most of the south is transplanted northerners.

Umm where? Florida? Most "Southerners" don't consider Florida "the South"...FYI...

From a transplanted Southerner counting the years until she transplants back down South ( not Florida) out of the God forsaken North.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM

22,208 posts, read 19,497,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.lea View Post
Umm where? Florida? Most "Southerners" don't consider Florida "the South"...FYI...

From a transplanted Southerner counting the years until she transplants back down South ( not Florida) out of the God forsaken North.
Northern Virginia, Richmond suburbs, and especially the Raleigh & Charlotte areas have lots of northern transplants.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,958,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How redneck?

I have been in large big-box stores down south where I've seen whole families of hicks walk in, all barefoot.

I WISH I was kidding.
LOL, that all you could do by reading this. That's like me traveling into NYC and staying in Brownsville and saying NY is filled with savages Every place has its good and bad areas, to paint the whole south like that is totally ridiculous. I'm 10 minutes south of Richmond in a beautiful town called Midlothian located in Chesterfield county. And yes people could afford footwear down here, even the children. Hey L.I. your from Valley Stream right? Lets compare the two towns and tell me what you see:

Moving.com: Compare Two Cities

Old 11-12-2009, 08:41 AM

Back again, mike?

No, I did not paint the whole south like that. How could you possibly misconstrue my post into that? I just told karl to find out where the bad redneck areas in whatever southern state(s) he is thinking of moving to are and avoid them. Here is what I wrote:

Quote:
Not deliverance country. Figure out the borderlines to that area in each state for sure!
If people don't know the areas in the state they are interested in moving to and they try and get the cheapest house, they may end up in a redneck area, a ghetto area, etc. So I don't think my advice was that terrible.

I personally don't need an overview of "Midlothian" because I need to be near NYC or another big city so Valley Stream works for me. Midlothian is not an option, unless it is commutable to DC. If so, let me know the commute time and how much it costs and then I might be interested in comparing Midlothian with Valley Stream (especially if we get a county income tax for Nassau which would make me move out of Nassau).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
LOL, that all you could do by reading this. That's like me traveling into NYC and staying in Brownsville and saying NY is filled with savages Every place has its good and bad areas, to paint the whole south like that is totally ridiculous. I'm 10 minutes south of Richmond in a beautiful town called Midlothian located in Chesterfield county. And yes people could afford footwear down here, even the children. Hey L.I. your from Valley Stream right? Lets compare the two towns and tell me what you see:

Moving.com: Compare Two Cities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island