Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,343,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If you want me to go into specifics it was the fights at Nathans.The sexual attacks in Caldor parking lot and alot of drug issues in the heights and the surrounding streets.Since then the drug issue has cleaned up slightly ;but sex offenders housed on homestead dr close to norfleet are the killer for that neighborhood.You also have isolated incidents by Marie Dr with a murder a few years back.Medford and middle island are not any better either in these specific areas but the nicest parts of Coram are much better then the other 2 towns.

I'm happy to report I was involved in several of those fights at Nathans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM

311 posts, read 1,019,466 times
I used to love that Nathans and game room. I used to play Tron, Q-Bert, Track and Field, Zaxxon, etc...hung out there all the time in the 80's.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,168,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucew View Post
I used to love that Nathans and game room. I used to play Tron, Q-Bert, Track and Field, Zaxxon, etc...hung out there all the time in the 80's.

Or the greatest game ever...

Robotron ; )

Crooks

Old 06-03-2010, 02:47 PM

311 posts, read 1,019,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

Robotron ; )

Crooks
I don't remember that one. I can remember how the game room was set up, where the pinball machines were lined up, etc...

What was Robotron?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:32 AM

13 posts, read 27,519 times
I can clarify this for everyone, I have been a "North" Coram resident for the past 4.5 years. My home is actually on the border of Mt. Sinai and unfortunately my neighborhood actually used to be classified as Mt Sinai over 40 years ago. First of all the W section is called the W section not because it is primarily white families but because most of the street names start with W. Also Homestead is far away from North Coram, but yes it is still a part of my town and the streets that surround Homestead are lined with halfway houses for sex offenders! That entire area as well as the area by Home Depot and along 112 and 25 are disgusting, just take a ride by the bus stop outside of the Coram Home Depot. I do all of my shopping and errands North in Miller Place, Mt. Sinai and Rocky Point. I am scared to exit my car in the Home Depot Shopping Center, the last time I went to the Stop and Shop there I witnessed two black girls almost killing each other in the parking lot, physically attacking each other while their gang member (yes gang- one side wearing all blue, one red-hmmmm?) boyfriends all cheered on and I RAN into my car and never went back there again! I do not plan on living here forever, just a stepping stone to go even further North to one of the better Suffolk County School Districts such as Shoreham-Wading River, Miller Place, Three Village, etc. Finally the Longwood School District is one of the WORST on LI. It is a shame, there are some pretty homes here and decent communities, but I see now in 2010 when you can get a home here for practically no money-the people buying here are coming directly from Gordon Heights and other undesirable areas. I can't wait to kiss this town Goodbye!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

Robotron ; )

Crooks

No, it's Galaga(sp). I still love that game.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citysearcher6 View Post
I can clarify this for everyone, I have been a "North" Coram resident for the past 4.5 years. My home is actually on the border of Mt. Sinai and unfortunately my neighborhood actually used to be classified as Mt Sinai over 40 years ago. First of all the W section is called the W section not because it is primarily white families but because most of the street names start with W. Also Homestead is far away from North Coram, but yes it is still a part of my town and the streets that surround Homestead are lined with halfway houses for sex offenders! That entire area as well as the area by Home Depot and along 112 and 25 are disgusting, just take a ride by the bus stop outside of the Coram Home Depot. I do all of my shopping and errands North in Miller Place, Mt. Sinai and Rocky Point. I am scared to exit my car in the Home Depot Shopping Center, the last time I went to the Stop and Shop there I witnessed two black girls almost killing each other in the parking lot, physically attacking each other while their gang member (yes gang- one side wearing all blue, one red-hmmmm?) boyfriends all cheered on and I RAN into my car and never went back there again! I do not plan on living here forever, just a stepping stone to go even further North to one of the better Suffolk County School Districts such as Shoreham-Wading River, Miller Place, Three Village, etc. Finally the Longwood School District is one of the WORST on LI. It is a shame, there are some pretty homes here and decent communities, but I see now in 2010 when you can get a home here for practically no money-the people buying here are coming directly from Gordon Heights and other undesirable areas. I can't wait to kiss this town Goodbye!

Don't you people get bored of making stuff up on a forum board? While that shopping center has it's problems, mostly drugs, rodents and homeless (whites and blacks) people related. Such violence is rare and most likely happened in your mind. SCPD cars are frequently posted there and I myself have sat in that parking lot for hours at a time as a cab driver. I have never seen such behavior beyond loud arguing.. You drive in once and see gang violence? That's pathetic. Please stop your nonsense.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 823 times
I've lived in the W Section of Coram for 47 years. It is about 10 miles from the Homestead Village location which is very close to Middle Island.
The Longwood School District has had a bad reputation from the early 1970's and is primarily based upon racial prejudice. There are African-American students in the Longwood School District and people that see that and come from the city immediately give the area a bad rap.
I know many successful students, now middle age adults, that have achieved the 1% status and live in mansions. I am not saying that the school is perfect, but it is just as good as Newfield, (based upon testimony of teachers in my family), or the drug ridden Ward Melville H.S. The parents in those areas are better educated but can't escape the breakdown of moral fiber in this present age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island