Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 11:52 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,270 times

Advertisements

Homeowners who live in Nassau County...have you ever had to call the NC police? What has your experience been? Positive or negative please post. If you would like to tell a bit about the situation, i am all ears.

Please dont post about getting pulled over while driving or anything to do with driving. Just looking for a HOMEOWNERS perspective.

I ask b/c we currently have our own police where we live, whom I can call for the littlest thing and not be out of place to do so. (but thinking of moving to towns without police and worrying).

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 AM

536 posts, read 1,693,486 times
Default All Good!

I Lived in Wantagh for 12 years, and Hauppauge (Suffolk) for 28. There is a reason the cops are paid the MOST in the country. They ARE THE BEST! Fast response times!

My only personal experience was when we saw an old lady wondering our streets in really cold weather, the cops were there in 7 minutes. They found her and brought her home.

I now live in Waxhaw (Charlotte), big difference! Less Police down here.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 AM

491 posts, read 828,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bhere View Post
Homeowners who live in Nassau County...have you ever had to call the NC police? What has your experience been? Positive or negative please post. If you would like to tell a bit about the situation, i am all ears.

Thanks
I have had to call them, They come with in 5 minutes. However they cant do much till AFTER a situation happenes or boils over.

We have a family from Iran who works in the hospital living down the street the husband is a Muzlim racist who spits at people, calls women who wear shorts or skirtes whor-s. Was telling everbody how to live, what to do. People would call the cops after being spit at- - the cops would say "well did the spit land on you ?" and all stupid things like that "this sounds like racial tension" "you all sound like racist's here"

One day his 16 year old daughter was hiding in my yard said her father had a knife wanted to kill her. Seconds later HERE HE IS coming at me in the doorway with a HUGE knife, I had no choice but fix him with the baseball bat I use to lock the rear sliding door.
Lucky for me I didnt miss ---alot good the cops were.
.....The loonitic then tried to sue me Haaa Haa but lost his job and got sent back home without his wife and kid.

What do I think ?
Take a way the DUI and traffic stuff they are still useless, there hands are to tied with politicly correct bullstuff and civil rights issues.
It must be very fustrating for them

-Joe

Last edited by Keeper; 03-19-2008 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: name change

Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 AM

JoeL, I forget, where do you live again? That sounds horrible.
The police in our 'village' also have hands that are tied.

I guess I am just wondering, what kinds of things could I call NC police for? Like now, we call the village police if we see "shady" characters wandering, kids being punky at night, a rock getting thrown at our house, etc.

Could I call the Nassau County police for things like that? Or is it only actualy EMERGENCIES?

I guess I worry since I grew up in Queens, where often, unless you were dying, you were on your own.
Trying to find out if Nassau County is like that too.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:11 PM

491 posts, read 828,712 times
Quote:
JoeL, I forget, where do you live again? That sounds horrible.
The police in our 'village' also have hands that are tied.

I guess I am just wondering, what kinds of things could I call NC police for? Like now, we call the village police if we see "shady" characters wandering, kids being punky at night, a rock getting thrown at our house, etc.

Could I call the Nassau County police for things like that? Or is it only actualy EMERGENCIES?

I guess I worry since I grew up in Queens, where often, unless you were dying, you were on your own.
Trying to find out if Nassau County is like that too.
Its getting pretty much the same with the county cops. Towns like Port Washington have there own police, great equipment and are a different story

I'm on the western end of Manhasset, the NS LIJ hospitals have been bringing these people over from Persia & Paki. These people like the $$$ but hate all things American, the cars even the landscape. They refuse to fit in and create WWIII with everybody

The cops are good for emergences, underage drinking, DWI. However if you call to report "shady characters" they regard the call as racist (many Hispanics on the force).
In my town there is a new police captain who refuses to profile--result after making it public: smash and run burglaries in Manhasset by Central American females (nannys ?) .

Quote:
That sounds horrible
....And getting worse as more of the old retired people with large propertys are priced and forced out.
In General what Happened to Flushing is starting to happen here with "off the boat" Persian’s and Paki’s coming here to work for North Shore Hospital.

Some are cool but most are living here to make $$ and hate all things American. They come in like a Bull into a China store want to make life like the old country off the Gulf of Oman whatever. They are both Jewish and Muslim and fight with each other when they are not fighting with us.

If it were up to me I'd throw them all TF out of here but I cant. We have to many of the older people are selling there houses to them (There kids want no part of having to work 20 hours a week just to pay taxes and LIPA)fleeing to Fla and the Carolinas with cash.

This leaves 2 Choices
1 Put up with them (thats impossible, no peace ever)2-Move
I'm out of here in 28 more days, I'm selling my house to some Hells Angels as a goodbye gift.

How a non American can buy a house in Great Neck-or Manhasset and terrorize a whole block and be the one protected by the police, ADL and INS till he tries to kill somebody is crazy.There will be more of these incidents, especially in Great Neck --Mark my words

Last edited by Keeper; 03-19-2008 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: name change

Old 05-14-2007, 08:43 PM

10 posts, read 35,396 times
Default Nassau County police - your best friend

Nassau county is one of the safest places in the country. It is also good to know what areas to stay out of. You can ask the officers and they will let you know. My experiences with the police have been positive. They will come for whatever situation you are in. Also the fire department is more than willing to help with anything from heart attacks to fires.
Feel safe with your new neighors!

Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM

10 posts, read 35,396 times
Default Nassau cops

PS - I live in Syosset now. I live in a quiet mobile home park, but also am being pushed out. Looking either in Dutchess or Orange county.
Good luck!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twalch View Post
My experiences with the police have been positive. They will come for whatever situation you are in. Also the fire department is more than willing to help with anything from heart attacks to fires.
Feel safe with your new neighors!
Can I ask what kinds of things you have called them for, an example or two?

thanks

Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM

7,926 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:

Please dont post about getting pulled over while driving or anything to do with driving. Just looking for a HOMEOWNERS perspective.

I ask b/c we currently have our own police where we live, whom I can call for the littlest thing and not be out of place to do so. (but thinking of moving to towns without police and worrying).

Thanks
I'm in the 5th precinct. I'm happy with the reponses for the following events on my block: Bomb squad for WWII's vet finding his dummy granade in his garage; hit and run car accident; gang of teenagers on Halloween; arresting tenant on block on outstanding drug warrant.
You probably get more individual attention in a village like Floral Park or Garden City with their own force, but Nassau does a good job as far as I can see in my area.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-19-2008 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: name change

Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 AM

823 posts, read 3,688,748 times
I live in Hicksville and had to call the Nassau police a few times, they responded quickly and except for one incident satisfactorily handled the problems. The one incident was a neighbor's dog that would get out and harass people including myself. The police said they couldn't do anything until the dog bit someone other than tell the dog's owners to keep the dog in the house. The dog eventually bit a mail deliverer and was put to sleep.

Norm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island