Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 AM

27 posts, read 63,294 times

Advertisements

Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency

$100 penalty + $80 surcharge ???

Since when did our local government become a bank?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollytech View Post
Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency

$100 penalty + $80 surcharge ???

Since when did our local government become a bank?
Yeah, and there will be another $300 bucks coming from the state for this "motorist safety survey" thing if you get more than 4 points. The stupid tax of the century, and you'll have people trumpeting how great it is because it stops people from driving like idiots.

I don't know, I still get tailgated everywhere I go , when i'm doing 65 on the LIE, 35 in a 30 on my local roads, always somebody driving up my rear end, nobody ever gets pulled over. I don't think the fees have anything to do with safety, something tells me, more about simply collecting revenue.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Just my oppinion, because I hate driving and other motorists, but I think they should quadruple the fines. Easy for me to say because I obey the traffic laws, but it's obviously a good way to generate revenue, and might just calm things down a little bit on the roads. Specific offenses should carry a more severe penalty like tailgating, roadraging, blatently blowing through stop signs, speeding in school zones, etc...
ah screw it! hang all the bastids, any offense.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Just my oppinion, because I hate driving and other motorists, but I think they should quadruple the fines. Easy for me to say because I obey the traffic laws, but it's obviously a good way to generate revenue, and might just calm things down a little bit on the roads. Specific offenses should carry a more severe penalty like tailgating, roadraging, blatently blowing through stop signs, speeding in school zones, etc...
ah screw it! hang all the bastids, any offense.
Just don't forget that when you pass that guy on the right who is making a left turn into a parking lot, that is illegal.

When you finish your left turn after a light turns red and you've been sitting in the intersection, that is illegal.

If you drive 1 MPH over the speed limit, that is illegal.

If you park in the street and are any further than 6 inches from the curb, that is illegal.

Every one of these things that 99% of drivers on LI do is illegal, and as the localities face bigger and bigger budget short falls, you will see more pressure put on police to ticket for nickel and dime offenses. Just don't come back here and ***** and moan when it's your $300 bucks that gets snatched for something stupid. If you think it will only be the aggressive driving tailgaters who get nailed, you are in for a rude awakening. A lot of those people who are driving that way have a PBA card in the wallet/purse and they drive that way because they know they can get away with it.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
I have a great idea...

don't break the law then if you don't like the fee.

Wow?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM

964 posts, read 2,461,817 times
These are all part of Suozzi's hidden fees to generate more income. Effectively, he raised a ton of fees for county licenses, permits, traffic violations etc. as a hidden tax. Politicians are resorting more and more to this trick.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Unless you are an aggressive and lawbreaking driver, wouldn't most agree this would be a better place to try and generate revenue as opposed to another tax?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Unless you are an aggressive and lawbreaking driver, wouldn't most agree this would be a better place to try and generate revenue as opposed to another tax?

As I stated before, almost every other move that drivers make on LI is illegal. Rolling 2 inches past the stop line? Illegal. Be careful what you wish for. You THINK you're driving is impeccable..it is most likely not.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM

There probabally wouldn't be much of a difference in enforcement.
Just stiffer penalties.
Unless they have one of their enforcement campaigns like "click it or ticket".
Ha, the new one could be "roll over the line, you'll pay through the behind".

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
There probabally wouldn't be much of a difference in enforcement.
Just stiffer penalties.
Unless they have one of their enforcement campaigns like "click it or ticket".
Ha, the new one could be "roll over the line, you'll pay through the behind".
yeah but see, "click or ticket" is great. It's that simple, people should wear their seatbelts ALL THE TIME...not only is it the law, it is safe, you are an idiot if you don't wear it. Then people complain about getting a ticket because they weren't wearing it. Ummm HELLO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: